At Seattle March 13th, 10:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Seattle March 13th, 10:00 PM
    TV 20 (Local) NBALP

The Pistons travel to the Pacifc Northwest for the front end of a back to back, to face the Supersonics. The Pistons defeated Seattle back in December 97-93. The Sonics were outrebonded by the Pistons 54-32 but shot 50% from the field in that contest.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'll be there!
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Recap and photos. Pls.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

You got it. I will definitely get you some photos from the Portland game, since I have floor seats. FLOOR SEATS!

Look for me on the local broadcast, I will be wearing my Pistons gear, and painted red and blue.
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Me too. Linwood and I are going to try and meet up at halftime and take a picture.

As for my attire: Rip Hamilton medium blue jersey with red letters, red white and blue Mardi Gras beads around neck and wrists, and red sequin baseball cap. My long hair will be in a braid because there's nothing worse than having the name and number of one's favorite player hidden by waist-length hair. It's a definite fashion no no. If I get really ambitious I'll do my fingernails in red and blue polish.

My sister and I are sitting as close to the Pistons bench as I could get us and still be as close to the floor as possible. So maybe you'll see me in my Pistons regalia.Look for the red sequin baseball cap and a long dark blonde braid. No one else will have that hat! We're in the corner on a diagonal from the basket in Row 11. I'm hoping I might be able to slap five with a Piston on the way to the locker room.

GO PISTONS!!!!

P.S. I am so excited! I have gone three years now to see the Pistons play the Sonics (my only three NBA live attendances), but I never sat this close. I think I might even be able to encourage Flip Sr. from my seat! Example: "Hey, Flip, have you thought about running a play after this timeout?"
  6. roscoe36

You're great. :thumb:
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LOL @ Aurora and Linwood. You know, RC, Ive lived in 7 different cities and Germany , and I gotta tell ya...WEVE GOT TO HAVE the loudest and raucous fans in the world. U always hear Piston fans at road games. I mean, I had people throwin popcorn at me in Houston! Everybody get a good nap b4 the games and lets load the CRoom 2nite!!:MusicBigGrin:
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looking forward to seeing the photo of you and Linwood. Maybe the two of you can get one with your buddy Rip:hug: .
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I really hope you have a great time. You do know of course that if you are spotted, there will be a screenshot of you on PF.com...:stirthepot:

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss game chat because I'm getting a birthday dinner at Lawry's (sp?) Steakhouse. Mouth-watering....mmmmmm!
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Happy birthday Low---enjoy:chef2: :cheers: :party2:
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Why, thank you sir...I will make every effort to enjoy it. That...you can count on.:MusicBigGrin:
  12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Low, I predict that in honor of your birthday, Flip will get ejected with 9 minutes left in the first quarter, and the Pistons will win by a final score of 55-41.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Damn, that would be a dream come true for me, too.
  14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Beauty and the beast part 2? :pound:

I'm excited for both you guys and hope you have a great time at the game.

Poor Flip...he'd better coach well :nerd2:or Kim will give him an ear full... guaransheed!:MusicBigGrin:
  15. max

max All-Star

Really? Just so I know who to look for.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Pre game breakdown:

Center:
    Webber vs. Collison

Webber wins this one hands down. 6'9" Collison is a good hustle guy, and should be able to grab some boards and score on some putbacks with his superior speed, but he won't be able to cover Chris, and the savy vet should have his way with young Nick.

Power Forward:
    Wallace vs. Wilcox

Wilcox is fast, and is a good finisher on the break, but his defense leaves much to be desired. This one also goes to the savy vet. If Sheed decides to play in the paint, he should have a 20 and 10 game pretty easily.

Small Forward:
    Prince vs. Lewis

Rashard Lewis is very, very good. Tayshaun will have his hands full trying to guard Rashard. Although Rashard isn't a great defender, he is pretty big, and should be able to bother Prince in the post. Expect Tayshaun to get most of his points from outside, hopefully his shot is on tonight.

Shooting Guard:
    Hamilton vs. Allen

Ray might be the best shooter in the league. I expect him to come close to 30 points tonight, even with Hamilton playing good defense. On the flip side, he isn't a very good defender, and Rip should be able to get his without much problem.

Point Guard:
    Billups vs. Watson

Earl is quick, and a pretty good defender, but he is no match for Bup Bup. I wouldn't be surprised if Chauncey finds his shot tonight, and the 3 ball rains down. I think we may see a little competitiveness tonight as Mr. Big Shot dukes it out with Ray.

Coach:
    Saunders vs. Hill

I'm not really a fan of Flip, but I still think he brings more than Hill. Or maybe the Pistons just have a bunch of allstars.

Prediction:

If the Pistons come out strong, this one should be over early. If they take this lightly, expect the Sonics to score alot and put the scare into the boys in blue. That being said, the Sonics can almost always find a way to lose a game that they have won, so...

Pistons 105 Sonics 95
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Yeah. My friend got two tickets from his boss, and he told me they are on the floor. I can't wait. I'm going to try to grab some red or blue face paint, so I can get on the TV. I'm sure I will be the only guy in the expensive seats with facepaint!
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Addendum to pre game predictions:

Maxiell vs. Gelabale:

This should be a great matchup. Gelabale (pronounced Jello Ball) is tall, quick, and can score. No way he can stop Max from dunking on his head... but he will also be a handful for the Brahma to guard, if they matchup against one another.

Off to the game!
  19. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Got the Sonic announcers tonight. Just watched the Heat come back from 17 to beat the Jazz-----Looked to me like Shaq rules were in effect. Jazz with the ball and 3.7 secs and throw the ball away by a misplay on Williams getting in front of Okur to get the ball. Had another chance with 2.7 and couldn't make the shot.
  20. roscoe36