At Sacramento Nov. 11th, 10:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 6, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amir didn't score, but on the other hand, he didn't attempt a single shot. They may be taking it too far in the ignoring-him department. Can't they get him some lobs or something?
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's funny, I've been thinking that this whole, "Don't judge Amir by the boxscore" is getting way too extreme and literal. I mean can I at least get 6/7 pts in the scoring column, how about 5/6 rebs and a block or two....I mean 0-0 and 2 boards????? I know...I know.....His input doesn't show up in the boxscore, but...DANG!!!! Take a damn shot......
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At least shoot until your FG% gets down below 50%. He's sitting at 60% overall and > 70% on jump shots. Take a running hook shot or something. Pretend you're Sheed for a possession and try that quick catch baseline turning fade away.
  4. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I noticed that when Tay sees him on the elbow or on the block he doesn't pass to him because I think that Tay doesn't trust him enough. They have to put some trust there so that he can develop that post game on the elbow and block. Also, he needs to learn body control and how to move away from double teams.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Tay does that with everybody even Max. The only person that will get the pass in the post when they're making the attempt to post up 8 out of 10 times is Sheed.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

There have been many times this season where a lob to Amir would have resulted in an easy two points for us. But it seems our guards are simply not looking. Tay has been doing this so long in particular, it makes me wonder if he can even throw a good pass. (Going back to last year, with both Amir and JMAX.)
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I can see why they are hesitant to feed him sometimes. He's pretty shaky in the post. But you still gotta keep the defense honest.

Also, he's been "practicing" with the team for years with guys like Sheed and Dyess. Didn't they work on his post game at all? Why doesn't have have any most developed to a level where they have confidence in him?
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's late, isn't it, my friend? :MusicBigGrin:
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just signing here late after a day of travel. The Low is right, I never enjoyed such fierced conversation after what would normally been a meaningless game. Just imagined if they had lost it....techinally we can call it a meaningful game as it got the the elephant off AI's back. Just imagine if they been swept on this trip and lost the first six games with AI in uniform. you talking bout some media scrutiny..:reading:

Anyway regarding the infamous Piston lob, I have not seen a single Rip to Tay alley ooop this season, and if you don't think Rip or Tay don't trust tossing one to Amir, then you will probably never see that play ran for geasy hands Kwame:redface:
  10. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Idk. I know that he plays well against the both of them in practice but they should really help him with his post game and also his patience. He's very inpatient.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Had a few too many Coors Lights I guess. :beer:
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You must've hit the return key on auto pilot.
  13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

C'mon man...My posts are always rooted in logic and reality (that isn't a reference to Lee's posts). I'm never off in conspiracy theory land and I'd have to say that events have actually shown me to be right over the last 3 seasons...

I'd think you may have missed out on a bit of my sarcasm if any of my posts have gone to places you can't understand or see why or how I could have gone there. I don't think I'm off in left field too often, if ever. Perhaps other posters feel differently, but that's how I see it.

This season though, the podcasts are my therapy session so I get it off my chest in there....hopefully my sarcasm plays better there than in writing.:messer:
  14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

na.... most of mine was tongue in check giving you a hard time, i think you go to far sometimes... but no your views are logically given and make sence, though i might not always agree... i respec them
  15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

....well, I NEVER said I didn't go too far....notice, I never said that...:cheers:

I'm quite well known for going to far.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're just like the rest of us. An emotional basket case.