At Sacramento Nov. 11th, 10:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 6, 2008.

1. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

guys... no need to fight over a winned game. Enjoy the pleasure.. let us fight over a lost game, we are going to get some for sure :shout:
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Last post was not very clear. What I am saying is, we got AI for what he did last night. He has never been a great perimeter defender and never will be. I m confused on what some of us want from Iverson.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Probably the same guy who say behind Blaha and Kelser yelling into their ears all night and offending George's sensibilities about proper fan etiquette.

I thought the game was interesting because it seemed to exactly mirror the last two, except with the teams reversed. Pistons started well against both NY and Boston and then the wheels fell off. Same last night for Sac.

Interesting to see Curry leave Rip in the game even though he couldn't drop the ball and hit the floor. Maybe he thought Rip was playing hard enough to D to earn the chance to shoot himself out of the slump. Not sure I saw that.

Curry is definitely too infatuated with Prince's versatility. How long before he plays center for half a quarter?
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Thats the first thing that stuck at me as I looked at the stats.... But what did we see folks saying for the last 3 days? we have to play to win, forget getting better for the playoffs... well we got it :p

I also think that with the lack of time the starters have had together now, that they need to play extended mins to a point to force feed chemistry so to speak.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The reason he was guarding the 6-6 salmons was because the 6-1 Beno was KILLING HIM on dribble penetration and Pick and Roll. We had to take our on ball defender and hide him on their non-scorer, the minute we put Will Bynum or Arron Afflalo on the ball, the difference was like night and day.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think the extended mins are to do just that, develop chemistry. These games for us are the closest thing to practice we can get playing every other day. Also understand this, with the exception of AI nobody played CRAZY mins last night. I was so sick and tired of the mins debate I was ready to throw up, STARS PLAY MAJOR MINS!!!! Lebron, Melo, Kobe, and Wade do it all 82 games and 2 of them have rings and 1 went to the finals, and all of them play for Team USA. Save me that min/game crap that the players spew out. SHeed is the only who can make that claim because he's a 34 year old center.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Glad you pointed out. This is a HUGE problem. Amir and Maxie are supposed to be the future. They're doing next to nothing.
  8. round

3-3 from 2pts, plus 14, 3 def rebs, 1 blocked shot
    1-3 from 2pts, minus 6, 0 def reb, 1 blocked shot

which of these is your new contract power forward and which is a 2nd year guard?

Somebody needs to start earning his new contract..... Amir, atleast has the excuse of actually playing meaningful mins for the first time and he gets the benefit of the doubt for a few months....

Max lets see some passion and get to eating the babies....
  9. max

max All-Star

When did CB become a good defensive player? One would think we traded away a 1st team NBA. His perimiter D was starting to become a problem. At least with AI we get some consistant offense.

Not trying to slam CB or anything, it just seems that some have forgotten.
  10. round

you mean CB didn't average a triple double every night leading the league in points, assists, and turnovers.... while being first team defense?

dang how quick i forget..... :movingon:

There are very few teams that have two scoring options at guard, and we can switch on most teams so that what he might lack in def isn't going to hurt us...
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As someone mentioned here, CB was good when he was stuck on a bigger man. He could hold his ground. So far, I'm not seeing that AI is any better at staying in front of the quicker guards on D, which has been a prob from Billups.

After watching 4 games of Will Bynum and 3 games of AI, I'm leaning toward starting either Bynum or Stuckey and having the other come off the bench as the PG. We'd have a constant threat to drive at the point. The Pistons had 0 turnovers in the 4th quarter yesterday and the main reason was that Willy B calmed things down. He's so quick that his man had to back off or get burned. Given that his defense is his strength, it's like found money (good nickname too).

It seem unbelievable that a guy who could barely make our roster looks so solid against other teams' starters. Am I over reacting?
  12. max

max All-Star

Thats about the gist of it.

Bynum was a good pickup. He is probably better than anyone thought but the other teams have not had a chance to scout him. Kind of comes in like a surprise attack.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons did not make a pass into the post until there 1:37 left in the first the quarter.

Rip Hamilton will be known henceforth as The Grieving Richard Hamilton. He looks like he's playing a bar game out there.

I believe that until the 8:30 mark of the 2nd quarter Sheed's only stat was 1 offensive rebound that actually started a Kings fast break.

The second quarter with Sleepy Brown, Sheed, AA, AI & Tay was the first time all year I saw any help D from DET.

The Grieving Richard Hamilton & Tay have probably cost Sheed 100 assists the last few years by missing point blank lay-ups off of his post passes.

The Pistons offense was at its' best when AI & The Grieving Richard Hamilton weren't on the floor together.

Bynum is good, but I don't know how he gets burn when Stuckey is back.

Are we sure Don Nelson isn't coaching this team? Gimmick ball.

Can't wait for the playoffs after Jason(?) Thompson absolutely blew past the defensive stopper Tay for a lay-up in the 4th.

L-O-V-E luv bringing Sheed out to trap PG's out by the 3pt line so the Kings bigs had to deal with the beefy duo of The Griever & Tay down low.

For the most part the closest thing I saw of Pistons championship D was Sheed leaving Brad Miller open for a 3 with a 4 pt lead late in the 4th.

I had the Kings feed also. Let's just say I know what Walter Sharpe feels like now.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Could be true. The obvious strategy will be to dare him to shoot. He clearly doesn't want to and his J looks like it is all legs.

The D has been horrific. It's like I'm watching another basketball team. I cannot recall ever seeing so many easy buckets by our opponents over a multigame stretch. Layups, dunks, fast breaks. It's troubling.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

:laugh:
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

don't mind the minutes, even with rip in a slump. he'll be fine - he needs the most time to get acclimated with AI. this was a fun game to watch, i didn't think we'd pull it out. we buckled down at the end and played solid D. the D for the rest of the game was terrible though.
  17. dba

I've always believed you can't tell anything about a player until teams have played him more than once. Scouting eventually catches up and teams figure out ways to stop threats. If Bynum is still blowing past guys 25 games in, then you know something.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The guy's resume is pretty sweet.

Monster in high school and on the Chicago scene.

Here's his scouting report from college. He got to the Championship game after hitting several game winners along the way:
    From there he dominated the D-League.
    1st in points per game with 24.0
    2nd in assists per game with 6.7
    5th in steals per game with 1.7
    Won D-League rookie of the year award.

Then it was off to Europe where he won the 2006-07 Israeli National Championship with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Career high was 29 points.

Maybe eveyone thought he was too small for the NBA?

Dude looks like a winner to me.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Good defender or not, DEN's defense has gotten exponentially better, and the Nugget fans won't shut up about his perimeter D; specifically the ability to guard the SG when there's a switch. Chauncey's also going to the line alot more this year, and even with him shooting 26%, the Nuggets are 3-0, and look like the Pistons w/ their balanced scoring.

For all AI's points, he gives up almost as many on defense. If we're going to need 30 points from AI just to beat teams like SAC, what are we going to against the better ones?
  20. dba

You didn't say he had something to do with beating Carolina. Wunderkind. My new favorite player.

P.S. Uh, don't tell my wife I wrote this.