at Sacramento Kings Sunday November 14 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just saw the game...it's hard watching after you already know the outcome, but this one was still a nail biter all the way to the end.

Great comments from everyone and I even refrained from reading them until I had watched the game this morning.

kudos to Q for letting Bengo play darn near the whole 4th qtr as I thought for sure that he would get pulled for Rip when the time out was called around the five minute mark.

I don't mind Bynum-gonna-get-mine getting 14-15 mins, but being out there with T-mac and BenGo, he should be looking for them and not looking for his own shot.. they were 4-5 and 4-6 respectfully and Bynum was 3-7 with ONE assist. We won the game, but this could have gone either way with out a good defensive effort and clutch shooting. Overall the Kings were 2-18 from beyond the arc, so we got to thank our lucky stars that their shooters Caspi and Garcia were off.

Max did a good job, (not counting letting Landry get off) but we have to find some minutes for Daye....His father Darren didn't look happy at the Clipper game on Friday night after he scored 8 pts on the first quarter and then saw no more action until the third. I mean 8 straight 3pointers and he sits out the whole game???

Looks like Wilcox might be ready as he was dressed to play yesterday and Summers was the odd man out in a sports jacket. The way were out manned on the offensive board yesterday, he may get some action tonight.

Me and Kim have delivered road victories attending the last two games and proving the PF karma...:) your turn Mikhail if you can get to Oracle Arena tonight in Oakland.
  2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Hi guys. Well I had the thought that I'd read all your comments about the game first before I gave my game report so that I'd sound more knowledgeable about the game itself. But it made my head hurt all the stuff you guys think about. Seriously. Besides I was there, so I'll just be the color commentator with a few basketball related comments and/or rants as the case may be.

First of all. What a thrill to see the Pistons. God I love 'em. I got there in time to see almost all of the workout before the game, an hour and a half before the game. There were about 50 Pistons fans there that early with pictures and jerseys they were hoping to get signed. I'm always amazed how many diehard Pistons fans there are on the West Coast. Ben was out there for about 45 minutes and I swear he did this last year, practicing long 2s and 3s. It must relax him before the game because he knows he won't take any before the game so he's just messing around. He went around the world on the 3 pt line 4 times!

Now it's hard for me to take my eyes off Ben when he is within 100 feet of me, so frankly I didn't observe much else about this workout. Except Rip shooting catch and shoots and swishing every one for what seemed like about 12 minutes until he missed one. He had all the young kids hooting and hollering. "Do it in the game, man, do it in the game!" My sentiments exactly. I kind of felt that way about Ben's 3 pt swishes too. Except that I worship Ben so...not really.

Now I only have a few comments about the game. Not sure how accurate they are, but they seemed true to my eye. Why in the world couldn't we get into the paint against such a non-existent defense? We didn't have very many paint points and I know for a fact that Sacramento is a no defense team, like Golden State and Phoenix when someone isn't kicking their butt. No excuse for all that perimeter play against the Kings IMO.

Also there is a point in the third quarter of these games where the Tay and Rip Show starts to fall apart whether from fatigue, or boredom, or forcing it, or selfishness I don't know. But they need to be separated at that point and the chemistry changed.

Also Stuckey starts hogging the ball asap when Ben Gordon comes into the game. My prediction: as Tracy gets better, this will happen with Tracy too. I think Stuckey is a selfish player and I think he will hold this group back. Last night he made numerous ill-advised moves specifically so as not to have to give up the ball. All the whining everyone did about AI's selfish play and this guy gets the white glove treatment. Glad he's being held accountable but I'd like to see him get yanked for that stuff. Also I've decided in all my questionable bball IQ that Stuckey is not a point guard, and guess what he's not a shooter either. I think he can attack the basket and get inside and score and he can catch and shoot like Rip. But he can't create his own shot and he makes extremely poor shooting decisions under duress. So basically I don't think much of him and I'd like to see him traded. He is not the point guard of our future.

One last thing. And this is SO official. Ben Gordon is very seriously HOT. And what a joy to watch play. Between he and Tracy last night I was in heaven.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:sssh:
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ben Gordon Intense Man Love Thread
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Every other game you guys fuss about Stuck.
    He can't do anything right.
    No, he isn't Wade.
    But he's in a tough place, getting people to adjust to his game and adjusting to theirs. Either he makes his stand here and now or we lose a big asset.
    If he says "move your azzzz up the floor" move it !!!!!
    -------------------------------------------
    Bynum is cold right now. But you don't want 5 on 4 do you?
    And if he keeps his +/- even he's buying time for others.
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I think it's safe to say that Stuckey won't ever win with the fans, no matter what he does, it won't ever be good enough. I thought Stuckey played really well in this game and he did a great job on making Tyreke a volume scorer.

And did someone say that Stuckey can't create his own shot? Besides Gordon, no one on this team is more adept than Stuckey at creating their own offense.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You mean not letting Evans score?