at Portland Trailblazers Wednesday November 18 10:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Not much to say about this game other than last year's team would have lost this one by 20!!! A back to back on the west coast trailing by 21 in the 3rd qtr? Sheeda would have been shaving his legs in the 4th quarter!

In March and april, this will be a good team. Not a 2nd round playoff team....but a good team...

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

perspectives;

Got on the plane at Sea-Tac at 7:30PM....checked Blackberry Pistons down 15-9..oh well...long night for Pistons, turned off BB as pilot says we land in Ontario at 10PM...

Wife picked me...got home, checked DVR...Piston game was taped, but decided to watch end of Janet Jackson interview with Robin Roberts....figure she would cheer me up prior to watching another Piston debacle.....fell asleep after Janet with no clue as to who won the game..

Turned on the DVR this morning and FF through the first and second qtrs, watched nice halftime piece by Eli Zaret about Will Bynum. And after Stuckeys first half of forcing shots, I said this segment is right on time.

Watch parts of third and then let tape run long enough to see the Blazers go up 72-52 and said to heck with this, let me get up get to work.....from the bathroom I kept hearing Kelser say, Pistons are making it interesting folks, so I decided to lay back and watch the rest of it.

lord and behold the lead is shrinking!!! and Stuckey is leading the comeback!!! UNDER CONTROL AND DISHING ASSISTS!!! Not only that...the Pistons are playing TALL BALL....with TWO ROOKIES and they ARE PLAYING DEFENSE!!!

I keep saying to myself, they will get to within six and fade, BUT THEY KEEP COMING!!! OK time out...where's Will! Where's Gordon! Where's Waldo! Coach Q brings back the same crew that gets him there ....ok bold move you want to be coach of the week, lets go for it...

OK JJ fouls out, here comes a guard now....nope Summers comes...it's all good we might be able to steal this one.

One pt game and then....Blake for three.....he misses...grab the long rebound Charlie....darn it Blake grabs it instead....pass to Aldridge and then back to Blake ..for three...nailed it dammit

Still not over as stuck hit a couple of freebies, but that missed rebound and 3 by Blake ended the momentum.

Still great comeback, but that is two games in a row that we let a game it away from us early and then had to extend all of the energy we had to get back..

still...I ain't mad at them..at least we know the bigs can deliver a some defense when called upon. I see Tay even came out in the end to congratulate his team mates...but where was Rip???:sssh:

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't mind losing. I expected it. At least we scrap, attack the basket, grab rebounds and play hard. Its watching an up and coming team struggle. After the previous years of watching them check out of games, this is good.

4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I Really hope so man..

But I Don't see how are we going to get in the Playoffs..

5. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I agree. I think we will make the playoffs this year as the 7th or 8th seed. We're only going to get better from here on out.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I wouldn't measure this years success based on whether or not we make the playoffs. I just want to see a team with potential get better. This year in the east you may very well have 2 or 3 teams that finish above .500 and still miss the playoffs, if that's what happens to us, I can live with that.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Hey, it's nice to read some positive posts about our new team.
    But this is what we expected, a scrappy team in need of identity.
    But this sounds like same old Pistons guard dominated with defensive forwards and C.
    - We know it can work, the Bad Boys were often down by 10 at the end of 2 Qs and come the 3rd Q with adjustments, D switched on,- the other teams Off. switched OFF and we're up by 10 at the start of the fourth Q.
    -
    I'd like to see you guys still hanging in there if we go 10-14, 20-28, 30-52.