at Portland Trailblazers Tuesday November 9 10:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

1st road win, here we come!

Go Pistons!
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons by 20.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is a tough game for us and a great road barometer. Roy/Miller Vs our 5 guard rotation, Daye starting out against Aldridge, Heaven help us! If we can win this one (or stand toe to toe with them)............ the convo around here will have to change!
  5. Brap

Brap Starter

Aldridge isn't an overly physical PF, so I have some small degree of hope. This seasons sure is a baptism under fire for Daye, isn't it? If he can survive this mentally, he has a chance to greatly accelerate his development this season.

Now, it'd be nice if he didn't just survive this, but would win a few of these matchups.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The one thing that is clear after this embarrassing loss is that trading away Tay is much more urgent than trading away Rip.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Why do you say that, Walter?
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This game was about the starters who could not keep up with the Blazers in the first quarter or the third quarter.

The Blazers built a 13 point lead and the Pistons reserves sliced the lead down to one point as Q brought Tay and Stuckey back in to run with BenG, CV and Monroe. With the Pistons down 44-43, I thought to myself if we could get over the hump we could possibly continue this momentum on to a victory. But noooo, the Pistons finished the half on four missed jumpers, 2 offensive fouls and give up 7 unanswered points in the last 2 and half minutes..with you guessed it three starters in there Rip, Tay and Stuckey along with CV and Monroe.

On to the second half......the regular starters continued to allow the Blazers to run layup drills in the third as they stretched the lead to 14 before Q decided to call a timeout. The lead got to 16 and Pistons finally brought the bench in and trimmed the lead down to 11 at the end of the third, but that would be as close as they would get the rest of the game.

Although Stuckey led the team in scoring with 17 pts, he seemed to revert to his old self in the third and would not pass to anyone....he was blocked twice and finished with 2 assists. Q put him back in there to finish the game in GT and it appears that he strained a knee or ankle according to the Fox booth announcer.

Monroe still cannot jump.....not only was he blocked once and tied up a couple of times trying to score at the hoop, but he was also out jumped by Andre Miller on a jump ball situation.

Tay and Rip need to come off the bench.....somebody else's.. Ben Gordon's offense is being stifled coming off the bench. He definitely needs to start in front of Rip, who seemed to have left Sunday's great play back at the Palace. he was a -25 for the game, but lead the team in assists with 4 ......

Terrible second half for the Pistons...28 pts and four assists. They were out rebounded for the game 45-33 and out scored in the paint 46 to 26 !!!!

Daye was our best shooter, 4-5 from the floor including 3-3 from beyond the arc, but we couldn't get it to him to shoot it. I wonder if he is playing out of position:sssh:...

Next game in LA on Friday so they have all day tomorrow and Thursday to bond together at Tay's mom house, Beverly Hills and Venice Beach. Hopefully they have time to practice some defense while hanging out in our 75 degree temps this week.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Great DreCap!!! Summed up everything very accurately.

I wonder when Greg Monroe's sense of pride will kick in because he is simply embarassing himself with his inability to finish, Blocked by Andre Miller??? Then lose the jump ball to a 6'2" Guard???? PATHETIC!!!!! But hey he didn't lose this game for us and we were going to lose whether he played or not so at least he got some experience tonight.

Rip and Tay gotta go. They just won't defer, won't pass the ball to Daye (even when he's feeling it), they both think they are far more talented than they actually are. Has anyone else noticed how awful Tayshaun's defense has been this season?

In other news CV played really well on BOTH ends of the floor, I shouted out, "Good D Charlie!" at least 4 or 5 times.

This game sucked! We looked horrible, and we still need a PG because Bynum and Stuckey just don't get it!
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

right on, that's the only thing i wanted to comment on about this game. daye is 2/2 in the 1st half...and open a number of times without ever getting the ball. i even saw him kinda get irritated one time when when drove the lane and threw up a wild shot when daye was waiting in the corner wide open. he is simply frozen out of the offense...which sucks as he had 17 points on 5 shots vs. stuckey who had 17 points on 17 shots.
  12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I agree with the first part. But the jump ball was with Nick Batum, who is 6-8 with very long arms.

I was actually laughing out loud watching Rip and Tayshaun play keep away whenever they were on the floor together. Watching Rip drive into the lane, jump in the air, and spin his head around looking for his BFF before heaving it to the opponent is high comedy. Kuester needs to break these two up. Just don't play them together until a trade can happen.

I can't stand the set-in-stone sub timing either. When the team is dying out there, you need to make a change. I could care less that it's 3 minutes into the 2nd half. MAKE THE CHANGE.
  13. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

N/M, I guess it was Andre Miller he lost the jump ball to (I can't edit my post for some reason). Refs probably couldn't believe it, so they called the foul.

He also had a Darko-esque layup late in the game where he just stuffed it into the edge of the rim. Ugly.

Still think we're better off with him out there than small-ball.
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The first half was ok and the bright spots CV and Daye followed by the standard Piston collapse in the second half. And boy, GM is like a popup, he just keeps getting blocked. It don't seem to matter if it is a 7-feet center, Nate Robinson or Wee-Man, they all stuff him every time. I still like his contributions though with his great hands, good passing and strong rebounding.
  15. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Team gets 25 points in the first quarter on 58% shooting...sounds good. :)

...Until you find out they're BEHIND 38-25 after one. Sounds like our problems started in the first. :(
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Give Portland some credit. They were draining some tough shots, but 38 points in one quarter. That sounds like a lack of effort on the defensive end to me. That gets pinned on the starters (Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Daye, and Ben).
  17. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have to agree with KGREG about CV though. I was EXCITED to watch him play. Great steal with 4 or 5 minutes to go in the first half on the Blazers end of the floor, after fighting hard to get position for a rebound. He's motivated, and I like him coming off the bench. He and Monroe are a good tandem, although it seems Monroe is a little slow on his pick and roll rotations, but he is getting it. All these minutes are good. Sure he cant jump, but man he can see the floor. I like the line up of T-Mac, Ben Gordon, Daye, CV and Monroe. T-Mac can run the point for spells, and Ben Gordon and D up the opponents one guard (sometimes).
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe looks like he shooting on one of the rims they use at carnivals a lot of the time.

CCG was good in the 1st half, but the 2nd half was a different story. The Blazers forwards ran him like a rented mule.

The haters are piling on Rip, but they won't point out his 4 assists and the progress he is making as a PG.

Rascoe has really stuck it to BG with that "Man-Love" thread. :doh:
  19. LA Dre

Bengo was averaging almost 19 pts per game before the Manlove thread and Rip's injury healed. I also won my first two weeks in fantasy BB with his scoring....now Darth is kicking my behind because Q is keeping limiting BenG's PT:yellowprison:
  20. LA Dre

They definitely can't play out there together anymore....If I were a newborn or from another planet, you couldn't convince me that these two and Ben won a ring playing together ..I know they are OLD men now, but those two especially Tay sometimes believe they are only ones capable of scoring out there. I am so tired of the Tay Backdown or the Rip dribbling into the paint and then falling on butt trying to retreat...break them up please....Joe, Q, somebody. If CV does not mind coming off the bench, Rip shouldn't mind either.

Agree with your comment about the sub patterns.....where is the rule that the starters have to play 7 or 8 mins to start the 3rd qt?....We were getting our arses kicked in the third the first six minutes literally stuck on 45 with Ben, Tay and Rip turning the ball over and offering no resistance on defense. A couple of free throws and a three ball by Daye, and monster dunk by Stuckey was the only scoring done those first eight minutes with that unit in there.