At Portland TrailBlazers Jan. 7th, 10:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Dec 31, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes, the 7 game win streak, and a one point road loss in an arena we almost never win in, without sheed, totally proves we need Rip and he should start over AI. :confused:
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, a disappointing finish. I wasn't able to watch the game, but listening to you guys describe it and react in chat was even better. :)

The highlight for me though was Roscoe yelling at us for discussing Bagels during crunch time. Oh man...that was so funny. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I was wondering why Stuck was deffering so much...possible fatigue? This is where his driving coulda helped.
  4. roscoe36

I swear, it's a forum full of oddballs.

A bunch of middle aged men discussing baking recipes in crunch time. What next, Needlepoint Podcast?
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Bagels? we talkin bout Bagels? not the game...Bagels..:greenapple:
  6. roscoe36

Stuck wasn't deferring. The blazers bodied him up, doubled and tripled him, and he wilted.

He's not prepared for that much attention. It was a learning experience IMO. Now the question is, will he learn from it?
  7. roscoe36

Late game chat log

[01:19:02] coynejeremy: WOOOOOOOOWWW!!!
    [01:19:02] airmcnair06: wow. great play
    [01:19:04] The Palace Artest: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    [01:19:06] LA Dre: no 3 heres
    [01:19:07] roscoe36: 83-80
    [01:19:07] coynejeremy: 83-80
    [01:19:07] detteam: good hands
    [01:19:11] coynejeremy: KWAME DUNK
    [01:19:12] himat: Great pass. Nice hands Kwame. Way to be ready.
    [01:19:13] alexa032: AI comes through
    [01:19:13] Buckeyes#1: Our fourth quarters ain't worth a dime
    [01:19:14] dba: good to see
    [01:19:16] roscoe36: 83-82
    [01:19:18] coynejeremy: 83-82
    [01:19:21] himat: EWWWW
    [01:19:23] BillLaimbeer: tough shot
    [01:19:24] alexa032: oh man
    [01:19:25] coynejeremy: 1:00 minute
    [01:19:32] AI IS GOD: AIIIIIII HE IS CLUTCH
    [01:19:45] coynejeremy: off reb
    [01:19:48] alexa032: nerve wracking
    [01:19:49] BillLaimbeer: Huge board
    [01:19:51] coynejeremy: timeout detroit
    [01:19:58] roscoe36: what a great game
    [01:20:01] Buckeyes#1: plank
    [01:20:03] coynejeremy: i am in love with antonio mcdyess
    [01:20:04] roscoe36: this is fantastic
    [01:20:13] BillLaimbeer: two great passes by AI
    [01:20:14] coynejeremy: mr cltch offensive rebound man
    [01:20:17] coynejeremy: clutch
    [01:20:20] explosivity: man my heart is pounding, lol
    [01:20:23] dba: Rip looks like he ought to be on Mister Ed
    [01:20:26] adonis: very lucky shot for blazers
    [01:20:26] alexa032: yeah. good game to stay up for. I just hope we pull it out
    [01:20:27] himat: This is too close.
    [01:20:30] adonis: off the glass
    [01:20:30] Buckeyes#1: transmission
    [01:20:35] LA Dre: i just hope the first team to 83 wins
    [01:20:37] roscoe36: Rip and Darrel walker
    [01:20:37] coynejeremy: if billups was our clutch shooter
    [01:20:38] alexa032: insame
    [01:20:43] adonis: to stay up? i am 1 hour late to work
    [01:20:44] coynejeremy: dice is a our clutch offensive rebounder
    [01:20:54] coynejeremy: lol adonis
    [01:20:55] roscoe36: lol adonis
    [01:20:59] coynejeremy: your a good man
    [01:21:06] coynejeremy: you're
    [01:21:06] The Palace Artest: i cant breathe
    [01:21:16] explosivity: we need this one
    [01:21:20] adonis: i am a pistons fan
    [01:21:20] coynejeremy: 83-82
    [01:21:23] coynejeremy: 44 seconds left
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Woooaaaah, speak for yourself, oldtimer. I can still get out and shovel the snow in the morning so my wife doesn't fall down the steps. Yay me!
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well we shot 50% from the floor, but only 56% from the FT line and lose by one point...

I think the game was lost in the third qtr when the Pistons were up by 13 60-47, and both AI and Stuckey kind of lost it going down the stretch. I think Stuckey had four turns in a 6-7 minute span and AI was tossing up wild shots during that same time frame. The big key IMO opinion was when Tay made a block and then the Pistons lost the ball on their possession and the Blazers came back down for slam. Curry should have either called a TO before that play or when Tay was struggling to get off the floor.

Tay had an excellent game and I probably would have set up the last shot for him maybe driving to the hoop and stopping and popping and possibly drawing foul. You know Dwayne Wades coach would set it that way trailing by only one point:bow1:

good game and yes we probably lost some Hollinger points with this loss and a chance to move ahead of the Hawks for the 4th seed.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What happened to the bagels?
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

these are some beauties:cheers:
  12. Darth Tater

Yeah. Post that. I can't do it justice by describing it.

Hmmmm...I think I should do a bagel thread/poll.
  13. Darth Tater

Funny, but I was thinking the opposite. I'm not really keeping up, but aren't they doing really well without him?
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

No a team zoning up on us again, and AI shooting another awful % b/c when he plays next to Stuck he takes the role of a jump shooter plus the fact that our offense has continued to look like one on one streetball for the most part (very bad streetball) plus AI getting burned on defense, and finally AI looking like vintage AI when he was in with AA and handling the ball proves we need to start Rip.

There was no space out there for anyone to drive. Stuckey's driving lanes closed up quick when they actually decided to play defense.

And i could be mistaken but i saw the game on LP and the POR announcers were talking about how we always win in POR.

It's not the sole (or even main) reason we lost, Amir FT and AA's lack of minutes had just as much to do with it.

AI went 5-16 or 17 ?, was chucking like hell, and getting burned by Blake again. He's not above blame. If/When Rip had those horrible shooting games (and if he took a contested jump shot to end the game) people were/would crucify him, trade him about 1700 times for Adam Morrison, and hold it against him until next season.
  15. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

i said i wouldn't make an appearance. but i'll make a final note.

We need Sheed and Rip back. the only thing keeping us in games is defense because our offense right now is basically nothing.
  16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Lpgrl,

Right. Teams zone us up and we have not busted it all that well for several games. AI seems to be only an average shooter.

Tay's great game was spoiled.

Stuck lost the ball a few too many times.

But we just don't have enough firepower without both Sheed and Rip and with Dyss playing hurt. Can't take too much away from this game.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Amen. Let me get this straight, In order for us to lose:
    1. AI & Stuckey must SUCK all night long.
    2. Dyess needs to be playing with a thigh bruise, rib bruise and a dislocated finger which affects his shooting.
    3. Amir needs to suck and stay in major foul trouble
    4. We need to be on the road, in the Rose Garden of all places.
    5. Rip Out
    6. Sheed Out
    7. And Travis Outlaw needs to hit 2 HUGE impossible buckets over our 7' center down the stretch.
    8. Oh yeah, and shoot poorly from the FT line.
    Now, if ALL that happens then said team can overcome a 14 point deficict and win by 1 point. I Hated to losing this one, but if this is how we're going to lose, I can live with it.

EXCELLENT game from Kwame Brown tonight, I was really proud of his effort. Tay did his thang, we loss because AI missed 2 shots down the stretch that normally he hits with his eyes closed, just another one of those nights for AI. Stuckey got a chance to see what it's going to be like when teams start to actually scheme to stop HIM, good film material for coaching him.

By Feb, we will not be losing these leads. This team is growing, coming together and getting better. Next stop DENVER!!!!!!
  18. Darth Tater

I totally agree Kgreg.

You know, last year when CB was out it seemed we totally sucked. I dodn't see Rip and Sheed run to the rescue.

Now Rip and Sheed are out but A.I. and crew are doing just fine.

I still think we will like the finished product as I said long ago.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Very exciting game. Very dramatic finish. Wrong way though. AI continued his poor shooting night by missing the potential game winning shot, and we lost. Got to give Portland credit in this one. They hit a lot of shots, including some clutch ones down the stretch. We did too. A one point loss. Man did I hate to see us lose.

Very little in the way of small ball tonight. We did play Herrmann and Tay as a pair of forwards for a stretch in the 2nd quarter, and actually gained a couple of points or so there. The whole 4th, Kwame and Dyess. A lot of that vs. Oden and Aldridge, which fits.

Tay was pretty terriffic in this game, ending up just shy of 30 points. Stuckey was so so. Some scoring, but too many turns. AI had turns and shot poorly, although he did have the one stretch where he did ok in the 2nd quarter.

We had 14 point leads a couple of times. As someone said, we did not finish out quarters too well.

JMAX gave us some scoring, but we lost ground for the most part with him in. We generally were playing plus ball with Amir in, in contrast, but Amir was in too much foul trouble. The one foul the Portland player basically blindly backed into him and ran him over. Foul on Amir. Kind of went that way. But we did get a few calls our way too. But did that balance out losing Amir? Maybe not.

Dyess pulled down many bounds, and fit most of the time on D. If he did not take the outside shots he did, I would have liked what he contributed to this game a lot more. Those outside shots of his kill us when they don't go in.

Afflalo played some D, hit some shots.

Kwame did well around the boards, and gave us some scoring inside. He also matched up well against their bigs.

No Sheed or Rip tonight. No Roy for them. But it was quite a game to watch. You gotta give the Pistons credit for playing so well on the road without some key players.

Amir looked out of place out there against their bigs, but by gosh, we kept winning the point battle when he did play. Yeah, he was not so smoothe out there against those bigger players, but effective. An offensive rebound putback was his highlight, along with maybe that dunk off the nice inside dish from Stuck.

Stuck did have a few nice assists. AI did get that ball to Kwame a time or two, along with a few other nice passes. It was not like he continuously took shots. Just seems that way for all the misses.

In the end, I believe it was some nice play on the offensive end by Outlaw that did us in. The rest, I think we kind of had factored in. But Outlaw made some key shots on us, including I believe, what turned out to be the game winner. (And yes, I find it hard to believe we did not go bigger there on that defensive play by putting Amir in.)

Well, in my opinion, this was the first time this year Curry played things very close to right on the rotations, and yet we lost. It happens. But cheer up, for this game, if we had Sheed, he would have matched up very well againts their front line, and provided some scoring punch. Rip would have shot out their zone as effectively as anyone we have on the team. Once we get those two key players back, this is going to be one awesome team. Have to start a new streak on Friday.

By the way, this game ended our perfect on Wednesday streak.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Would you say the same thing if Rip went 6-19 and took those two shots ? or would he be packaged with a donut and sent to Siberia?

edited to add;

I'm not trying to single you out. I just don't get the double standard here.