At PHX - SUN Nov 16th 2008

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by roscoe36, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

Last game in a West Coast Road trip = Loss

Always has, always will. Going 3-1 with the sole loss coming in the get-away game is a successful road trip.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Accountability. lol

3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:pound:

Not fair.

4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

As someone who is compulsively optimistic in general (and feeling excited and enthusiastic about the AI trade and our possibilities at the moment), I just want to weigh in and say that I don't happen to see so-called "negative" posts as a problem. First of all, it's obvious that lpgrl and the low care deeply about the team or they wouldn't be writing at all. Second of all, when looking at their posts as a whole, i see less a trend of complaint and more a trend of constructive criticism -- it may be the relentless of this criticism that gets under one's skin, but even if it is relentless, I think its usually constructive -- that is, focused on ways of making the team better, at least in their opinion, which is of course as legitimate as the opinion of anyone who is following the team carefully. It's been said a million times before on the forum, but it seems worth saying again: there's room here for all sorts of dispositions and opinions and interpretations. It might be good to bear that in mind, if not to say it explicitly everytime, even or especially when we feel moved to post our disagreement with someone's else viewpoint. That might make disagreement feel less like policing.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am no moderator here, but I am OK with negative posts as long as they are not about each of us (except for the Tater:starwars:-Jammer feud).

As The Low points out some of the negatives are our own frustrations we use here as a sounding board for the folks on this forum, when we know darn well that our significant other, children, dog or pet rock couldn't care less or understand our love for bunch over over paid jocks running up and down the floor. :lecturer:

Both the positives and the negatives are OK with me as it just lets me know how you all feel. One of these days somebody has to give a big party so we can smile on each and everybody get together and try to love one another right now.....maybe if our perceived underachievers who we love to praise and criticize can win it all this year, Roscoe will host it on the Canadian side of the river and HQ will invite the entertainment and we party :greenapple::burp: in the meantime keep those comments coming...cause it allows me to balance my regular work with entertainment. :thumb:

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I didn't read through this entire thread so someone might have mentioned this. I was TOTALLY impressed with Rod Stuckey's toughness last night.

After getting clobbered by Shaq, he still went right at those guys. I watched the game on NBA TV and the Sun's announcers comented several times about how Stuck was almost seeking contact and how he just kept attacking.

I've been on the fence regarding Stuckey and have tried to stay away from getting too amped on him.
    ...Dude showed me something last night though!

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The best part about being the admin, is that most of you guys will sort out problems amongst yourselves. I am hoping and praying this will be my first season where I do not participate in, or create any drama. :)

8. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

shut up and stay out of it
    who asked you anyway?
    meddling kid

9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Partly, that's just who he is - a tough guy who goes out all.

Partly I think he was daring the refs to call offensive fouls on him just to see if he could get away with anything after the Shaq mauling. Unfortunately the refs didn't buy into the tough guy stuff as much and called him for a couple of charges.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Explositivity. I read everything she writes. To me, she is a person who gets what is going on. If you disagree a lot with what she says, maybe you should reexamine what you think you know about basketball. I'd tell you to pay attention to her, you might learn something.

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

You're adding fuel to the fire Lee.

They simply disagree and thats all. It doesn't mean one knows more about basketball than the other. One thing I have found from broadening my education is that the more a person learns about a subject, the more areas one finds to disagree with another person on.

This is especially true with MD's and PHD's, who tend to disagree with each other on some level or another quite often.

It's not always a sign of ignorance. It can very well signify advanced knowledge.

12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I didn't RE-watch the game or anything but he got robbed on at least one of those charge calls.

I remember when he was drafted hearing him talk about how he looks up to D-Wade.

Stuckey is MUCH tougher than Wade!

13. LA Dre

I love Stuckeys agressiveness, and eventually the refs will learn to like it and he will get some of those calls. I still think that he should tone it down some of the force shots and look for the open man....I am watching the Laker over right now and there were a couple instances to open the second where he was both agressive and out of control with unneccessary offensive fouls and bad shots.

In fact in the last two games he has 5 assists, 7 turnovers, 8 fouls and he is shooting 5-15.

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I admire Stuckey's toughness too...I'm tough at my computer (see photo) but taking a hit like that from Shaq is something else.

[​IMG]

15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Chauncey would have never gotten up.

16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

And Rip would still be rolling around on the floor.

17. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Chauncey would have never drove to the hoop with Shaq there..........PERIOD!

18. LA Dre

That is basically what I said in Chat last night, none of our vets would have done that and that is why Miami stole the ECF series from us in 2006. :lecturer:

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Wow i missed alot. I guess i'll refrain from commenting about it since everything i would have said Low said much more eloquently anyway LOL, and i don't want to add fire to an argument that already seems to have died down.

20. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Wow I had no idea that my opinions on negative posts would get so much attention. It is definitely fair to take an approach of relentless constructive criticism for immediate change. I understand that and by all accounts for the most part support what you guys are saying. In saying all of that if that were the case then our beloved Pistons as of Wed. will estabilish Tay and Sheed in the post, deny dribble penetration, penetrate into the lane more frequently, and rebound with reckless abandon. I will be looking for it on Wed. so it should come to pass. If does happen on Wed. and continues on for the rest of the this long season I will GLADLY eat my words. I will apologize to every poster I have chastized here on the forum.

Guess what its not going to happen on Wed. and I think that MC and Joe D will agree with me. Things take time always have and they always will. We strive everyday to improve with EVERYTHING we have, it doesnt mean change will be immediate. This is the nature of MOST things, I didnt make the rules. Constant criticizm doesn't change circumstances, modification of behavior and habit does through practice. "You talkin about practice", lmao. Yes AI I'm talking about PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.