at Phoenix Suns Sunday November 22 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Can't Joe just trade Kidd for Stuck then?
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That might work out for a year of two, but that man is a depreciating asset. At least Stuckey has some untapped potential.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah maybe we need to trade Stuckey while his perceived value is high....can't hold onto him for 3 years and get nothing but cap space for him ala the Dorko deal of a few years back...

Of course the best move is to trade Rip and Tay for a big and a pg and call it even. Then Stuck moves over to the two and can come off the bench to spell Gordo
  4. max

max All-Star

Sounds great but who is going to do that.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sounds like a a request for one of my Mad Trader trades, a deal that brings in Baron Davis and Marcus Camby would do the trick :)
  6. max

max All-Star

Put yourself in another GM's place. Would you trade a quality big for Rip and or Tay? Rip's getting up there and is over paid. Tay is Tay. Solid player but not worth breaking the franchise over.
  7. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey is a first-round 15th pick in a weak draft, and he plays like one. When CB was running the show, he came off the bench and got all flashy. The Pistons franchise and fans (including me) thought he was the %%%%%. Now, running the show by himself seemed to be a different and a harder role. He looks like Flip Murray or Tony Delk with a bad jump shot. Some of the classic plays, which looked simple back then, between CB and RIP are missing. CB at the top of the key, RIP does his curls, and gets the ball in mid-range from CB for a quick jumper. The same play with Stuckey and RIP, RIP has to come off the curl all the way out to the three point line before he gets the ball from Suckey. What's the point of running around the screens, if you're going to get the ball at 3pt line? You might as well stay there. CB should've stayed longer to coach Stuckey. Stuckey is now a half-a$$ investment. Stuckey should've moved to RIP's spot, not Chauncey. Joe had a hangover when he made this decision. Only reasonable explanation, being the GM of the decade

Wallacex2 trades, and will-bynum are Joe's assets. Trading CB too early, and drafting Darko are his upsets

I have no point. Just ranting.. shoot me please.
  8. LA Dre

:gun1:OK we hear ya Desmoand believe me these points have been put through the ringer on this forum....but since you bring it up, maybe Joe should send Stuckey the tapes of those classic CB to Rip plays to study.....or why didn't he do that during the summer.....in fact the next question is???/What did Stuckey do or study over the summer????
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As far as efficient players, it is painful to look at the ranking for the most efficient players in the NBA so far this year:

1) Chris Paul
    2) Lebron James
    3) Chris Bosh
    4) Carmello Anthony
    5) Dwyane Wade

Sheesh. What a draft class that was! And to think that we were a part of that because of a 1997 Otis Thorpe throw away trade... Unreal.
  10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I hope were not setting the bar at Kidd, regarding Stuckey's ability to shoot the basketball. His shot should be a lot better than that... it has to be, because he doesn't have the playmaking skills of a Kidd.
  11. LA Dre

If we had selected any one of those guys # 3 to 5 it would have guaranteed at least team of the decade honors for the Piston no matter if it was Flip or LB coaching. We would have had at least 3 of the next 5 titles that were handed out.....
  12. DesmoPiston

He looks like he is scared to make that pass. I don't know what he did this summer. His conditioning doesn't look improved. Conditioning-wise stuckey vs. bynum looks like kwame vs. Big Ben. Maybe he was playing NBA 2k10 on his GameCast. I hope he enjoyed this summer, cuz the next summer, he might be busy packing and moving :D
  13. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey's conditioning is definitely in question, but I keep going back to him playing the 3. That thought is just stuck in my head. If he's built like a three (which he is, only smaller), it's gotta be hard for him to constantly defend quicker point guards. And I believe defending the PG is the most work...(unless you're defending Reggie Miller or Rip).
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not setting any bar. The point of that exercise was just to show what a big difference a little shooting efficiency makes.

Kidd's shooting actually improved last year to a very nice level. I'll take > .500 eFG on jump shots alone any day. The mid 400's on J's is OK for a guy like Stuckey who likes to get to the rim. But the 300's is the danger zone.

He might fit in best at the 3 spot, you are right. He's not a point guard and he's not a "shooting" guard. He's a strong slasher with great handles. But almost all of the SF's that I can think of that are any good have the ability to drain 3's or throw it down.

I dunno.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

When Stuck came into the league we wondered if he was a Pg or Sg. Now we're debating if he's a SG or SF......LOL, this gets better everyday.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's our point guard. That I do know!
  17. DesmoPiston

Thats the beauty(?) of a Generic-position player. A little too strong to be a guard, a little too short to be a SF. I think I might've seen him play Center during one of Mc. Curry's rotations last season.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:doh: :crying:
  19. LA Dre

he probably played the Magic Johnson position at his high school....# 1 option for everything and hasn't shaken that part of his game as he wants to be the main man here too. Joe must have told him he was...
  20. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dre you must have missed the story about Dumars calling Stuckey "Majic" at every team meeting in the off-season. It makes so much sense.