At Phoenix Feb. 24th, 2:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Talk about an exclamation point. A lot of nice things were said about Sheed, too, by the ABC folks. I feel this is important to point as a lot of Pistons fans think the national media is anti-Piston. Sheed was unstoppable. I liked when Van Gundy said Sheed should always be on the all-defensive team. Van Gundy was hilarious, talking about how he used to watch "Gilligan's Island" and how McLovin from "Superbad" should win best actor for the Academy Awards. What a clown.

Great job by Hayes today, too. I thought Stuckey looked awful on 1 of 9 shooting. Amir continues to put up excellent plus/minus numbers.

O'Neal is horrible from the FT line. He has little to no chance to make a shot from there. Stoudamire was the only player that looked good for them.

Nice focus showed by the Pistons througout. Hooray!
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

It is tough to be cactus...
  4. max

max All-Star

An outstading display of execution from the starters and great play by the bench were no match for the new look Phoenix Suns. The 3rd quarter saw the Piston starters at their best.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:) Fantastic game. Very well coached (yes i said it) LOL
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, what a massacre! This was undoubtedly the Pistons' best win of the season so far. Great start in the first quarter, a brief lull in the 2nd followed by a huge run to end the half, and then a continuation of the beatdown in the 3rd to make the 4th completely meaningless.

Sheed was literally unstoppable on the turnarounds in the post...he must have hit 7 or 8 of those without missing once. Dice was hot from the outside early, CB and Rip were getting theirs, and Hayes was red hot with 10 points in the first half. Amir and JMax hit the boards and clogged things up on defense as well. Stuckey struggled in the 2nd quarter, as the Suns cut the lead from 16 or 17 down to 8 while he was out there, but after Flip called timeout with about 4:30 left in the half to get CB and Rip back in, the Pistons closed out the half on a 12-0 run, fueled by the starting guards and Amir dominating on both ends. Amazing performance from almost everyone. Even the Zoo Crew, one of the worst garbage time lineups in the league of late, managed to get their +/- to a respectable level after Herrmann came in and went +8 in the last 3 or 4 minutes!
  7. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Very good, fun game to watch (if you're a Piston fan) :) Best all around game by far.

Chauncey, Rip, Tay, and Dice played really well. Sheed was stellar.

Jarvis! He brought his J today, gave the Pistons a good boost off the bench.

Stuckey - Struggled with his shot. Not the best game for him, but he picked it up some at the end.

Afflalo - Excellent D, as expected. Played within himself, under control. Good game for him.

Maxiell - His best game by far this year. He was Vintage Maxiell today.

Amir - Another great game for the "kid". Nice job standing up to Cactus too.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well they shot 51.7% (despite Stuckey's 1-9) and held the Suns to 41.6%. They hit 9-18 three balls thanks to Hayes 4-7 and everyone was perfect at the FT line with the exception of AJ, who coincidentally took the fragrant foul by Shaq and was in there when the Pistons close the half on a 12-0 run.

Nice game to expose and slow down the SHAQ media train. Billups threaded the needle to perfection despite the egg size knot on his skull and Sheed having his personal battle with Stoudmire was 8-10 with 22 pts and 8 boards. Amare had 31 pts, but 9 of those came after Sheed had sat down and the game was over..yep he padded his stats in the end. Oh yeah Shaq was 1-8 at the FT line...no change there. :)

Hayes, Max and Amir were our bench stars today and all of our starters did their thing.. Just a total team effort to somewhat erase the 2-game slide out of the break.

:whoo:
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Only negative in an otherwise great game. He looks tentative again.

On a side note, I LOVE JVG. I wish every game had him as the color commentator.
  10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Amir taking it strong at Shaq was the play of the day. Anyone else on the team would have kicked it out. AJ went right at him. Great to see.

Overall it was nearly a flawless game from everyone. I won't complain about the little things when you're up by 36 against a team with their record in their building.

I did think it was kind of lame of Dantoni to keep Shaq and Amare in the game during the 4th when the game was completely out of hand.
  11. FreshPrince22

I think he just missed a few easy ones, and was forced into a few tough jumpers with the shot clock winding down. He just needs to get back into the rhythm he was in prior to the break.
  12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Yes, that was a statement. Yes, the youth was unleashed--at the same time that our starters could play with abandon--like the championship year. Our starters don't have to pace themselves as before.

Teams are going to have a hard time matching our starters and then also taking the jab of the youth off the bench. Other than the Lakers (who are a year away despite the hype), the Pistons are the only elite team that can come in with that youthful energy.

Sheed, who I have said often, is our best player, is focused this year which is a good sign.

The Maxiel-Amir defensive rush is important. We still haven't releashed the guard defensive blitz when Hunter returns to go with Afflalo.

I have been on Dyss, but this is were he is valuable as he can hit the jumper as Shaq sagged. Dyss can do more now as he hopefully will be asked to do less with more minutes for Amir.

This is one reason not to be totally against Jarvis. If he can do that for two games in a series, he is worth it.

Only Stuckey seemed to struggle.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Flip coached a great game today:)
  14. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Loved to watch this game- Sheed was unstoppable from the post. He needs to do that more often. Bench did great, I think FLip could have played them even more. I also think Herrmann did ok in garbage time once more- ok, these are worthless minutes, but I still think he definetely can contribute in regular playing time.
  16. FreshPrince22

I will say this about Walter. I think we are a much better garbage time team with him on the floor. I also think he'd probably be better than Jarvis (at least more consistent), though I don't think he'll get an opportunity. Jarvis seems to put up just enough performances like today to hang on to his spot in the rotation.

It just seems like Walter is more the more consistent shooter (maybe not as explosive), better energy guy, and plays more of a team game.
  17. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

18. Mrcina

Mrcina First Round Draft Pick

I wonder, how Jarvis will do in playoffs against tougher defense, where he won't have so many open looks... Herrmann should get a fair chance in regular minutes:yellowprison:
  19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I sure hop he does get a chance to show and prove his worth.
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He's even a shot-blocker :)

(He had one i think this game)

I agree, he's the more well-rounded player, and a much better option in the playoffs. Hopefully, when Jarvis becomes Arvis again, he gets a try.