At Philadelphia January 9th, 7:00PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 7, 2007.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He benched Sheed in Philly. That's a tough move.

Whether or not it was thought out by Flip, the whole game had a different flavor because we always had guys on the floor who were hungry to play.

And let's not forget that the Captains spoke out a bit this week. Now they lead by example. If they were true leaders, they would go further down this path and it would make up for some of Flip Saunders' weaknesses. Maybe they are coming to that realization.

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE DIRTY,LOW DOWN: Rasheed Wallace

At some point over the last two years, I have mentioned Sheed would be so much more beneficial to this team in the 2nd and 4th quarters, errwhile coming off the bench would be a huge move. I tried to emphasize the importance of starting A mcDyess to run with the starters for two reasons: 1. His knees
    2. He wouldnt have to be the number 1 option that he
    hates to be
    Last night, we got a glimpse of what a better team this would be by Sheed being our Kevin McHale.

MY STARTERS:
    F- PRINCE
    F- MC DYESS
    C- DAVIS
    G- BILLUPS
    G- RIP
    MY BENCH-
    F-MAX
    F- SHEED
    C- NAZR
    G- BLAYLOCK/HUNTER
    G- DELFINO

BLEEP MURRAY!

1. Gets Rip and Tay going early. Allows crisper ball movement and allows D and D to set massive picks. If they get in foul trouble, SSSSOOO???
    2. Sets up our next 5 against the other team's next 5. Thered be NO comparison. U go DD for 6 min early, then bring in Sheed who will bring there big man (Curry, Shaq) out to the 3 line.
    3. Then in the 2nd , U can go GOON with Max, Hunter and Muhammad playing a more wrecked role. Bring in Delfino for D and speed and keep one starter in the flow at all times and you the recipe for some good stew.

I really dont see the need for a trade unless its a REAL BLOCKBUSTER (SEE KG). i THINK ITS ALL HEALTH AND COACHING.
    But unless Joe D starts showing up, (like bringing in Rip with a 14 pt lead and 3 min to play....which to be honest, any other coach would have done..Wade, James)..and making Flip S think and try something new, we might get that trade anyway...

So, keep Shed on the bench, because I think I saw something there. And thats my DirtyLowDown.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Not bad HQ, but shouldn't Dale and Max be together?

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

No bro, Max aint ready to be the featured playa yet.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree man. We need to balance out the role players and the scorers a little more effectively.

It is a waste putting all our best offensive players out there together when there isn't enough ball to go around.