At Philadelphia April 9th 7PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by max, Apr 8, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

At Philadelphia 7PM

tv: FSN

This game is going to mean something to the Sixers as they are trying to hang onto the 6th seed. Piston starters should be fresh since they sat out most of the NY game.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Pistons must have been looking towards this game as the starters didn't bother showing up against the Knicks. Hopefully this game will be worth watching.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah Sheed will be close to home as will Rip so maybe both play and are inspired...
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No rest for the wicked!
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Definitely about time for Rip to starting shaking off the rust.
  6. mikhail1973

Has his hip healed by now?
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems like last week they were saying that he would play if it were the playoffs so I'm assuming so. Haven't read anything though.
  8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I was hoping Philly would get the 5th seed, but not at our expense!
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well there goes our 60 win season....two games in a row, we score 94 points and lose...

So that's seven straight losses on Wednesday, but what else is new? We got one more loss scheduled for next Wednesday vs the Cavs and then we need to go the NBA playoff scheduler and make sure they don't schedule any playoff games on Wednesday:)

Another ho-hum effort from the starters, but better effort than last night. Once again Flip played the bench in the 4th and they made a mini run, but this was an end to end win for the sixers and Philly played their big 3 to the end to thwart any zoo crew comeback..

The Sixers win keeps them in sixth spot and some say maybe the Pistons were sandbagging to avoid the sixers in the first round....well maybe as we were only 3 to 4 decent plays from beating them even though it appeared they were getting every shot and every break. They look good enough to beat the Magic IMO and guess what? We may see them anyway..but in the second round....:sssh:
  11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

well, seems everything was going the Sixers' way this game. Flipper seems to still be tinkering a bit, but I hope he doesn't go playing Theo too much against teams that run a lot. Despite having a frustrating game on both ends, the Pistons kept it fairly close for most of the game, which is somewhat encouraging. Not a lot of good to take away from this game, really.
  12. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

When is the exhibition season overwith?
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If you watched the NY game, well, this was pretty much the same thing. Afflalo started along side 4 disinterested players. And then Afflalo was pulled early in the 1st quarter for Dixon, so Philly had lots of easy scoring ops. Yes, again, the unit of Dixon, Stuckey, Amir, JMAX, and Herrmann looked good toward the end of the game. And Dixon was part of that. But he got burned so many times in this game, its hard to ignore the fact that him playing got us in this hole in the first place.

One difference is that Theo did play in this one. Nothing all that much from him. Just getting some minutes to keep the rust off.

Amir did well enough. Maxiell barely played in the first half, drawing two quick fouls and sitting. He did fine in the 2nd half.

Afflalo played some good D in the 3rd quarter, but did not play in the 4th. Another blown opportunity to get him some shots. Now Rip is coming back. Will Flip keep playing Dixon so the other team can score readily? Or will he play a good defensive player in Afflalo? The annoucers just keep oohing and aahing about Dixon's scoring, and indeed the guy can shoot the ball, no doubt. But they ignore the simple fact that at stretches Dixon was getting us killed by not even being to start to guard anyone.
    Hayes played. Maybe hit a shot or two. At this point, I still say Amir should be playing small forward for us. Time is slipping away, and Flip still has yet to try someone other than Herrmann or Hayes at small forward to backup Prince.

Sheed did score inside a bit. But we kept getting into trouble for him choosing long rangers, regardless of how certain it was that that was the wrong shot. Tay got the ball stripped more than anything else in this game. Dyess was totally and completely worthless. Billups did hit some shots at least.

Amir's slam on a cut to the basket was his offensive highlight. Afflalo hit one pullup jumper in the lane. Maxiell and Amir got blocks. Stuckey hit a couple of outside shots and got to the line a few times. Good free throw shooting by the whole team tonight.

I hate to see losses. But Afflalo, Stuckey, Amir, and JMAX all got plenty of time on the floor. (Though Afflalo and Amir continue to need a lot more shots.) Just four games left. Apparently Rip will practice tomorro and be in the game Friday.

The two biggest concerns I have tonight: Will Flip unwisely choose to go with Dixon in the playoffs, regardless of how bad he is on defense? I mean, the other Pistons on the floor might as well take a nap. They don't have to play a bit of D. The other team is going to go right after Dixon like he is a piece of steel in a room full of magnets.

The 2nd thing is will Flip ever try benching Hayes for a game and trying anything else? Time is a running out.

Oh, and one more pet peeve of mine of late. Still we are not seeing even a moment of Stuckey and Afflalo in the backcourt together. Now that is a good defensive combo there that we should be seeing regularly.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The first thing really scares me. The one awful thing that has come out of these games, and Rip's absence has been the use of Dixon, and he's making it worse by scoring. Flip won't be able to differentiate anymore. If we're back to square one after this, it just sucks.

As for the 2nd hopefully when Rip comes back, we'll start seeing it. I'm looking forward to it, but i'm not sure if we will see it much. The dreaded 2 rookies together.

Also Hayes/Dixon together are an awful combo
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Doom, gloom, toil and trouble. :stirthepot:
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

If we don't get this rotation sorted like right now we won't even make the playoffs :pound:
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not convinced Afflalo is ready for the NBA playoffs.
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He doesn't have to do anything except play defense.
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound:
  20. mikhail1973

Well, they are taking the serious risk here.