at Philadelphia 76ers Wednesday December 9 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. MSUpistonsfan

MSUpistonsfan Second Round Draft Pick

pretty sure the game will be on fsn+ it does seem stupid they would boot iverson playing us for the bulls/hawks but oh well, i have a bad feeling about this game anyway but i really hope i am wrong.
  2. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

ESPN are showing this in the UK.

And according the Pistons Facebook its on FSN+ for you guys.

So... is AI going to torch us or what? Pistons by 11.
  3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Iverson was ailing in his first game back against Denver, I'm guessing he'll be feeling the same tonight. I'm usually pretty sore after my first few games back, especially after 38 minutes...
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Crap...well I guess it might not be at the bar now. GRRR....well I'm off to meet my friend he is already there but I planned on watching the game too.
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I hope Allen goes for 30 tonight...on 10 of 30 shooting though. LOL
  7. hitafreethrow

Great win. Sloppy game. Stuckey attacked all game long, and JJ was great in the second half (another double double btw). Iverson was horrible all game. You can tell he hasn't played. A win is a win. 3 of 4 folks.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Almost the same percentage HQ..he was 3 for 10
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Chucky Atkins is high for the game at PLUS 14. The Pistons are now 4-1 when Chucky starts. Can you say MVP?
  10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great job to win over AI, lots of fun in chat room. Love you folks.
  11. hitafreethrow

Chucky had some pretty horrible looking shots through out the game.
  12. bekzen

bekzen Second Round Draft Pick

i saw only the end of 3rd and the 4rd qtr but i´m happy that we kicked AI´s ass :-D. i think that was an important road win, because we didn´t win much games on the road. hope we´ll get rip and prince soon.

good night guys, nice to meet you at the chat. you are nice people.

greets from germany!
  13. roscoe36

Great game. Chucky has stabilized our decimated lineup. We are playing better without Gordon and with Chucky, than we were with Gordon and without Chucky.

The difference in PG play between Chucky and Bynum right now is night and day.

Great chat tonight.
  14. LA Dre

Pistons win 90-86
    No way we could lose to a team who had lost 10 straight even if we were missing 3 players.

It was an ugly game in the first half and ESPN was justified for ditching it, but with the Hawks blowing out the bulls by 25 and leading by as many as 33, maybe the Portland-Indiana game would have been a better show.

Slow start, but Pistons finally get it rolling and average 24 pts the last 3 qtrs.

7 assists in the first half, 8 in the third qtr and 5 in the 4th....after Bynum sat.

No points for JJ in the first half, 10 in the third and 7 in the critical 4th.

Kwame led the charge in the second qtr staying down low and getting fouled. hit 6-6 from the line in the 2nd qtr. Finished with 11 pts but got frustrated in the beginning of the 4th after a travel was called on him (his second of the game) and got a tech for slamming the ball...with such a close game I'm glad that didn't cost us a win.

Chucky was the calming force out there believe it or not as Bynum's ankle was killing him and us and then he hurt the other one. The Pistons were down 75-71 when Atkins re entered the game with about 6:49 left in the game and they close it out on a 19-11 run to win it.

Max hit a couple of key jumpers, but it was JJ who led the spark and Stuckey who finished the win off for us.

the sixers actually had a chance to win it with a couple seconds on the clock but AI # 2 misses a wide open three pointer..

AI # 1 was 3-10 shooting with 6 turnovers ~~~ thank goodness....didn't want to read or see any hi-lights showing AI leading his old/new team over his old team..sorry Kim.:)
  15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I totally agree. Great chat tonight. Bynum is hurt. Chucky did a nice job.
  16. roscoe36

I like Will a lot, and I hope he stays with the Pistons, but Low and Lee can't stand Chucky, so I have to remind them constantly of when he does a good job, because they think he can do no right. :)
  17. LA Dre

Will is just playing to many minutes and with him nursing a bad wheel, his play is hurting right now instead of helping.. It's good that Q recognizes it and Chucky is showing some veteran savvy out there which allows Stuckey play better and believe it or not rack up more assists.
  18. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

Better Q than Vinnie right now. Bulls traded us their top scorer and didn't replace him with anything....now their coach is gonna get it.

Anyway, I saw about 35 seconds of the game. Can someone fill me in on what position Stuckey was playing most of the game? 28 mins at the 2 guard, 12 at point?

Either way, I think we have found his role. Since Chuckey has been out there, he has scored and dished very well. Last three games he has averaged 23pts, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, one steal, and almost perfect from the line. I'll take that any day.
  19. max

max All-Star

Yes, Stuck has really been showing some signs of what he can become. He is going to become a scoring machine once he develops a more consistent just shot.

Can't fault these guys at all for anything. With arguably the top 3 players out they are able to stay in every game and get a nice 3 game winning streak going.

Our front court sure can crash the glass this year. Makes things a lot easier.
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

First off, Maxiel hit 3 jumpers in a row--has to be the first time in his career. Let's give him some credit and hope that what seemed like only slight improvement in his shot over 3 years will turn into marked improvement.

Bynum needs to stop taking so many jumpers. Just when I finally thought he had his shot, he has been misfiring and he continues to shoot anyway. Maybe it is the ankle, well, then let Atkins play. I am no fan of Atkins per se, but let Bynum get well so we can see what he has.

My comments on JJ are on the other strand. He plays like a rookie at times and then boom. It is so nice to actually feel good about Piston youth. First time since Tay, I feel that way. Never knew what to think about Stuckey and still don't but it does look like he is a keeper.

CV needs to practice his spot up three. The guy has so many moves but when he gets the open look off the pass, he misses too often for an NBA shooter.

Please, when are the key guys coming back. That starting unit has real trouble scoring early in games. Its brutal.