at Philadelphia 76ers Wednesday April 13 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'April 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Cancelling the VSL could really set him back significantly.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm waiting for the Dumars kiss of death.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I hope they communicate his firing to him the same way he communicated benching to players.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Just put this sign in his parking space...

[​IMG]

If he show up again...try the direct method...

[​IMG]
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He did get good grades at E Washington, but then again, he did major in criminal justice and I don't think E Washington is a great academic school. He would have gone to Washington if he had the grades in HS.

I don't think Stuckey's a dumb guy though. He was just a slacker in high school. Stuckey sounds pretty intelligent, relative to most of the league.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Would you consider Dennis Rodman intelligent?
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They'll list a new coach in the Pistons' next media guide and if he asks about it, Joe will send Jonas Jerebko to "clear the air."
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The only change I wanna see coming is Stuckey NOT being on this roster next year
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

So you want Kuester back next year? Hamilton too? What about Ben Gordon?
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Serious question for you..... You have been Stuckey's personal cheerleader but after the boycott you were done with him because of his attitude unless I misunderstood things..... or was it the next time he was a pain in the butt and refused to reenter the game? I forget he's been a pain in the butt so many times....

Either way did I miss something that changed in his attitude? That is the issue that most of us have with him, or are you that easily swayed by 5 games of above average play?

I want somebody to make a case for him to stay... that doesn't include the 5 games of stats.... I want to know how he is going to be a good teammate, a person that the city of Detroit and Piston Nation can root for night in and night out. I have seen Zero out of him that shows he can be a team leader on the court or off the court. Talent isn't everything.... and even if we accept the theory he is the most talented player on the team (I don't). Having him being on the team isn't going to be the difference between us being a top 3 team next year and fighting for an 8th spot in the playoffs (where I expect us to fight for no matter what else happens)
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Well Round, the way I see it, you need good players to win. The Pistons don't have very many good players. Stuckey is one of them (and he happens to be young). That's why I keep him and worry about moving the other players. Stuckey is the least of the Pistons problems right now. I understand the concerns about his attitude, but was there a problem with his attitude before Kuester? I'm more willing to give him a pass when 75% of our roster had run-ins with Kuester this year.
  12. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Some fans just lament that Stuckey is not their super star to come while I love this guy as a decent player and get fun to watch him play.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The implication seems to be that Stuckey's attitude pre-dates Kuester.

You could make the case that the chemistry problems that the Pistons have had since Billups left and was originally thought to be the fault of the AI's, Rip Hamilton's and Sheed's of the world have been the result of The Franchise gliding his way into the starting 5.

I did not closely watch (or in some cases watch at all) the last few games of the year. I saw Stuckey's impressive stats and wondered if he had turned a corner as some have stated. After watching the Illy game I wonder no more. He has not turned a corner.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yet there's no basis for thinking this, other than not liking Stuckey. There were no reports of Stuckey clashing with anyone pre-Kuester. Hamilton, Prince, Wallace, etc. have clashed with EVERY coach here. Am I supposed to believe that Stuckey has been a bigger problem than them, given their history?

And what about watching that game makes you believe that he has not turned the corner? His biggest improvement has been his decision making (which is the reason for the spike in fg%) and I defy anyone to refute that.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When he is standing still on the perimeter, Stuckey is actually very good at making passes to cutters. If he wants to take his game to the next level, he will have to:

1) Learn how to dish the ball when the defense collapses on his drive to the hoop.
    2) Improve his jump shot.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He's done both of those things in those last 5 games. His finishing has actually been sub-par in those games, but his jump shooting has been excellent.
  17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

his shooting and decision making were really good to finish the season. Maybe Joe told him not to worry about clueless and just finish the season and they could start fresh next year. His passes were very crisp and on the mark, and he didnt look like he was hesitating when he was taking his jumper like he has always done. It was almost as if he was pulling up for a jumper and then thinking he was supposed to pass it, instead he looked smooth( best descriptive word I can think of) If he can play like that for a full 82? who knows
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey's best stretch to me was when they were out West getting smoked by Denver et al. He was holding on to the ball for an extra count looking to get people shots. Everything Stuckey did last game was based on him looking to score first. I'm supposed to give him credit because his passes land on the court?

I've posted several articles that said something like, 'Stuckey's attitude has long been a question mark.' I don't think they were talking about way back in November when they were saying this. There is usually a lag with these things.

As for Rip, Prince and Ben clashing with the coaches, they have earned that right. Stuckey has not and that seems to be a major issue with him if we are to believe what has been written recently about him.

I do not dislike Stuckey as much as I did earlier in the year.
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

No, but you should give him credit for making good decisions, crisp passes, and scoring on an extremely high level of efficiency. Stuckey's played awesome basketball since the all-star break, and in particular those last 5 games. In those final 5 games, we averaged over 100 per game on a high shooting percentage. That's mostly due to Stuckey.

And sorry, but I don't see eye to eye with you on those players "earning" the right to clash with coaches. When you are as bad as the Pistons are, no one is doing their job and no one has earned the right to be a malcontent. Why are they allowed to do it based on what they did in the past? Stuckey was clearly the better player than all three of them this year, so doesn't that, by your definition give him the "right" to argue with the coach?

At any rate, the double standards have not been lost on the players. I still remember that annoymous Piston player that remarked on why Stuckey was benched for his insubordination, and Prince was not after yelling at Kuester and even having to be restrained at half time of a game (he came back and played in the second half, nevertheless). All players should be held to the same standard, if we are to ever be successful. It's not like Prince, Hamilton, and Ben are "stars" or even close to that level.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I really get tired reading about Stuckey here in the PF, but that's my problem. I believe that I will be able to judge him a good player when he leads the team to 50 victories. Since we are nowhere near that point...everyone on the team must have their abilities questioned. I want a team that pulls together and plays offence and defence together. When that happens, then I'll be a Stuckey booster, or anybody else for that matter. That's why, I believe it's been hard for people to name 5 keeper players on another thread. It's hard to do when you've got a mess on your hands. It's hard for me to Worship Stuckey til we come together as a team...Now go on and Worship cause you have the right...and continue critizing him, because your points of view are also valid...