at Philadelphia 76ers Wednesday April 13 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'April 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Might be a tough game for our Pistons, with new Bad Boy Charlie V serving out the first game of his suspension.
  4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

perfect opportunity for terrico white to be activated
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think a win tonight would be a good step toward making the playoffs this year.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe Doug will rest his starters so they are rested for their first playoff game and Kuester can go out a winner in his LAST Piston game....:sssh:
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Kuester will lose this game. He will show up in the post game locker, take one bite of his after game pizza slice. He'll then pitch the rest into the trash (missing the can..of course), ride off into the sunset...never to be seen again..
  8. LA Dre

[STRIKE]
    Lions Tigers, Bears oh my....
    [/STRIKE]
    Pistons, Tigers, Wings...oh my...they all win tonight.....when is the last time that happen? [STRIKE]Al Ackerman[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Dave Diles[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Charlie Neal[/STRIKE], well whoever does the sportscasts in Detroit these days will be all smiles :)

Tigers get a walk off HR from Inge after trailing by 2 in the 6th inning....Wings trail by 1 after 1 period at the Joe and comeback to score 3 in the second and 1 more for insurance in the 4th to take a 1-0 lead in vs the Coyotes and the Pistons hold on to beat their old coaches Collins and Curry to give their soon to be old coach Kuester something to smile about until he gets canned....

Pistons held the Sixers to one FG the last three minutes after giving up a 11-3 run to allow the Sixers to tie the game at 95 with about 5 mins left in the game.

The Sixers went ahead by 2 with 3 and 30 left on the clock, but Gordon tied with 3 and 10

Stuckey hit a J from the left to put the Pistons up by 2, and then Daye hit what would be the winning bucket with a nice drive to-the-hoop-semi finger roll...and the Pistons led by 4 with only 31 seconds left. The rest of the Pistons scoring came from the line.

Kuester closed the game with Stuckey, Summers, Gordon, Monroe and Daye

30 wins....a three game improvement for coach Q
  9. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Could that be our starting lineup come November ?
  10. LA Dre

They played OK defense in the last five minutes, but against a Sixers team that was already in the playoffs..and sitting a couple of their starters.

This group might get run off the floor unless they improve their skills during the summer
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If he continues to improve at this pace, he'll match Thibidaeu's win total by 2021.
  12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Heard the press conference from Q after the game and it sounded like he already had his exit interview with Joe and had his bags packed and in the car. Everything was in past-tense from him.

Also heard that Stuckey will be traveling to Europe to spend some time with JJ over the break. Is this a political move for a contract or a move done by a player looking to take a more active role in the leadership of the team??
  13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it might be because they are friends.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This made me think that Rodney is the good guy in the situation between himself and Kuester. Coach Kuester isn't vacationing with anyone from the team.

Rodney seemed happy at the end of his post game interview. He had a big smile and said change is coming. I think he will be back.
  15. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I want to see him back as I think he is an Impact player (although he needs to cut out the negative impact) and can be a building block for the future.

The sad part is that this will be his 4th coach in 5 years?? Another system to learn. Maybe part of his problem is intelligence and it takes him a little longer to comprehend things. Thus; all the instability has effected his ability to just play.
  16. LA Dre

ESPN is reporting that Kuester is expected back next season..:yellowprison:..which means that if he is going, they won't fire him right away...until the new owner can figure out who else needs to go too.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

And another rookie year for The Franchise.

He was a Prop 48 which is why he ended up at E Washington.
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Do you have a link for the story? Everything I have read so far is they won't make a fast judgement... and since replacements could likely be playing for weeks if not two more months (talking assistants here, no I don't plan on Phil taking over next year :P)

Listening to Q after the game, he talked like a guy saying good bye and thanks for the chance. I think that down the line he can be a good head coach now that he has a first go out of his system. Not saying he's going to be the next Belichick but after his failure in Cleveland how many thought he'd be the best in the game? I wish him good luck, but hopefully its not in Detroit and he doesn't beat us down the road.

Stuckey..... does anybody else just want to smack him with his stupid smile and ego talk after every game? He talks like he's as good as James, but has the talent of a good above average Guard in the league. If we can get a Larry Brown like task master then can break him.... fine bring him back, but I am so sick of the teasing he does at the expense of the team. I feel like he was getting his numbers at the expense of others, and it was while playing some pretty weak teams. Where was this all season long?
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think Mike Woodson would make sense.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor