at Philadelphia 76ers Friday February 25 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Anyone else excited for a game of Pistons basketball tonight?
  3. roscoe36

I am but for all the wrong reasons ... lol!
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Another road win coming up fellas.
  5. Walter

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I hope that Q has the stones to roll with the six dudes who showed up to shootaround today.

I'd rather get beat by 50 with the six that showed than by 12-15 pts with the "flu crew".
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Pistons win...111-87
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

This is brutal. I was able to laugh at how hapless the Pistons were yesterday, but today the laughter has turned into a rather grave depression.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Arnie Kander is completely losing these guys to injury and illness...

He'll be Joe's next escape goat.

All he had to do was put some purell in the locker room.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Me too...I'd leave that sickly oversleeping group on the bench.
  11. Walter

I'm just glad that Summers will get some PT today.
  12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

that ist is the game I'm waiting for: I really, really want to see who runs on the court:MusicBigGrin:
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm definitely taping this game...very interested in who plays. i hope he rolls with those 6 for the whole game. maybe abdenour can suit up or some of the assistant coaches.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

It would be funny if he made Darrell Walker play after they argued last week.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hey, it absolutely makes my day that there is a Piston game to watch. This has been true for me much of my last 40 years now. Win or lose, I generally love to watch the games. I've hung with them during their leanest years - for the most part. (Even I though curtailed my watching the games during the non-sensical teal years. By Irvine's year or so as a coach, I was just taping the games, and only watching if they won -and then mostly just the offensive sequences. In retrospect - since I had the games taped - that is what got me into my hobby of reviewing film a lot. A few years later, you could find me watching each game 4 times - after watching it the first time live. This season though, for the first time in many years, I am doing no rewatching of the games. With this coach, everything repeats game after game anyways.)
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Lol! :pound::pound:

Did you ever find a game where Sheed wasn't playing hard in your film study?
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

What's funny is that CCG went from a guy who re-tweeted negative comments about his coach to the world after the last game to one of his most trusted soldiers before the next one.
  18. roscoe36

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No. Despite all the talk about that - what you find time and time again is Sheed is a very smart player, and gives what he can toward a win. Sheed only has so much energy - and occasionally he does conserve energy when he thinks it won't hurt the team. But I will pose this question - who would you want guarding the basket between Wilcox - and Sheed? How about Monroe, or Sheed? Sheed had a great combination of strength, smarts, agility, and exceptional length to counter anyone who wanted to score near the basket. People often would miss just how much energy Sheed was expending on this task - while scoffing at him for shooting 3's instead of working down low. Again, the guy only had so much to give - and if you compared him to anyone else - you did not find him lacking in energy given to a game.

Which brings me to a soar point many of us have against Dumars. The trade for AI, which he tried to paint, but to no avail. To start that year, we had the perfect starting unit - and the makings of a fantastic bench.

Amir started along side Sheed - which meant Sheed never had to run hard - and therefore could conserve his energy. Amir beat everyone down defensively to negate attempted fast breaks against us. Amir rotated well enough out to the perimeter such that Sheed pretty much never had to. Just a beautiful pairing of a young guy full of pretty much endless energy and an older guy with a ton of talent.

To that - you had Tay at small forward, Rip at shooting guard, and Billups at point guard. Billups and Rip, between them, were a great offensive duo - and when a point guard was too quick for Billups, no problem, Rip could gaurd the point and Billups easily had the size and strength to guard most shooting guards just fine. (proven greatly during the regular season in 04 when Billups guarded Kobe just fine in a game when Rip got into foul trouble.)

The perfect pair of bigs, the perfect set of guards. And Tay, the glue guy.

Off the bench, no problems at guard, two young capable guys in Stuckey and Afflalo. Stuckey's one shortcoming, not getting thru picks well, was mitigated by the fact that Afflalo was excellent at it. And while Stuckey could not knock down the 3, Afflalo could. (Worst mistake, or one of the two worst - not using Afflalo fully in the playoffs that year.)

JMAX was a good sub for Amir up front, This at least gave us a good solid 8 man rotation. To that, we had a few other guys who could play at least some. I believe that the team could have done very well indeed that year, as constructed before the trade.

Since I am killing time here, what about after the trade? His other great mistake, putting Kwame Brown in the starting unit. The saddest fact here - Kuester did the same darn mistake last year. (Where is Dumars, can't he mention to his new coach how bad a set of hands Kwame has)

Then you got the fiasco trying to include two shooting guards, AI and Rip, into the same starting unit. More small ball. (Which Kuester again repeats the same mistakes.) But I will say in Curry's defense, Dumars completely blind sided Curry with this trade. Yes, Curry reacted badly to it to no end - but he should never have had to deal with the disaster Dumars created.

And while I am at it, anyone still defending Kuester. Look - last year he blamed injuries - but it was his huge bias toward not playing young players that was the real problem. The injuries should have been used as an opportunity - but Kuester made it into a tradgedy. This year, all the players back healthy - and you add a quality center in Monroe - and the team still can't win.

Kuester started the season with 1)Monroe not playing. 2)Daye at power forward. Two pieces of utter nonsense. But his non-sense continued. I will let the next guy complete the list. But I will start with his completely ignoring how bad CV is on defense, and end with him yanking Daye out of the rotation after Daye had just nailed 10 straight 3 pointers. Again, the next person, feel free to fill in the rest.
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

we have to dress 10 right?

so what 10 get dressed?