At Philadelphia 76ers April 4th, 3:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 31, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Even idiots have reasons.

Like i play our most ineffective big pair in this game together b/c i like to make it as hard as possible to win to build "character" for the PO's.

edited to add;

That was some clutch coaching to ensure the loss. Another game IMO we should have won.
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

5 reasons the Pistons lost the game

1. Curry
    2. Curry
    3. Curry
    4. Missing wide open shots (countless open looks in the 4th rimmed out)
    5. Refs

That's it in a nutshell.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

clutch games are as they are. Shot here or there. they needed scoring b/c of backcourt was not able to stop anybody. Bynum was better that stuckey but JD has put his bets on stuckey and I guess that MC has carry on JD orders. Little conspiracy here. I'm frustated, that's why( I'm not taking conspiracy seriously but I need some vent).
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm all for falling out of the PO's at this point. Not only will it ensure that i don't have to watch CLE abuse us, but it might add incentive or give Joe a reason to fire Curry.
    Rip was bricking everything. Stuck was successful when he drove so he decided to take jump shots.

Curry was guarding Bynum.

----------

We are not going to win games on offense and it's frustrating to watch us try.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey was way better than Bynum today. Bynum helped get us control the 1st half. But when brought in to start the 4th quarter, we were totally out of synch offensively and he was getting killed on pick and rolls. I think we made 1 of our first 12 shots with him out there.

We still struggled to score once Stuckey came back in the game, but at least we were getting open shots and not turning the ball over... the shots just didn't go in. Stuckey had a really good game (other than getting blocked twice)... no need to be a hater.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would add Joe on the list for giving away THE pointguard
    We have lost a lot of games because of lack of play calling and exectution in the end, but in some cases it was because we didn't have a real point guard in the end to run the offense effectively despite Curry being in charge....

four straight possessions in the last 75 seconds where we took four shots outside the perimeter and missed all of them. No one went to the paint and no one had a chance to go to the FT line..

[strike]Go Pistons[/strike]
    I mean Go SPARTANS
  7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Please Bobcats put us out of our misery.

This is depressing.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Sheed was also really ineffective, other than making that one three pointer and one nice move in the post. Sheed played too many minutes IMO... and Kwame didn't see any playing time in the 4th even though he was by far our best big today. Afflalo got two less minutes than Herrmann.

God, I will be so pissed if Curry is not fired in the summer. :censored:
  9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Defensively Stuckey was still lost.But he was not the only one.And bynum has exceeded expectations but Stuckey has been a huge dissapointment. Expect from starter far more than from bench.
    Sheed is out of shape. Seems like MC tries to rush him back

What irritates me even more that pistons lost to team where important pieces were missing due to injuries.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

What drives me nuts is i feel like we have to win the game 4 times literally.

Kwame goes nuts offensively, and the bench builds a lead, and then like clockwork a retarded line-up comes in and we lose all momentum. Then we have to start all over again.

This 4 big thing is becoming just as much a problem as the glut at guard was b/c Curry is incapable of making the right decision.

This is becoming painful to watch.
    I wonder how much of a band-aid CB would have been. Would it have made Curry look competent?

edited to add;

The irony is all this is we are now the same team that came into training camp minus Chauncey. Too bad cap space can't actually be something we can currently add to the roster. He might be a great shooter.
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Other than a couple times in the second game when Bynum forced a couple turnovers with his pressure defense, Bynum was also useless defensively, especially on pick and rolls. Stuckey was way better offensively.

And Stuckey has been a huge disappointment? Clearly your expectations were way too high if you actually believe that.
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Curry was moved by my post of a month or so ago in which I claimed to welcome death more than watching Amir on the floor?

Amir has a tattoo that Curry really hates?

Rasheed messed up Curry's desk and blamed it on Amir?

Curry has never forgiven Amir for emptying the last box of golden grahams?

Amir reminds Curry of the Trix rabbit, and Mike thinks it's his mission to block him?

Curry and Amir broke up?

Curry and Hermann haven't broken up?

Curry's magic 8 ball hasn't been very kind to Amir (always says "Ask Again Later")?

Curry didn't like the things some of you posters have said about him, and knew this was the best way to get you all back?

Curry is good?

Curry is evil?
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Personally, I like the idea of Mike coaching on the sidelines while furiously shaking his magic 8 ball for guidance.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:Thank you
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

:pound::rofl:

Funny stuff Cloud.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

DET was only out scored by 11 in their 16 point 4th quarter.

The need Rip to be hitting shots to win now. He is now The Struggling Rip Hamilton.

Bringing Sheed off the bench seems to have spread the team thinner especially with Dyess being off lately. It is classic Curry though. You bring Sheed off the bench because Kwame is playing well only to never bring Kwame back because you're bringing Sheed off the bench.

Sheed couldn't buy a bucket in the 2nd half, but looked to be moving much better. The 1st half in particular he was really challenging shots.

Big 'un tomorrow night.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Tay looked like this fellow after he hurt his elbow.

[​IMG]
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

but sheed was playing great defense.... and was positive for the game, brown was negative.... he needed probably to have one of the young pf's out there instead of dyess yes... but sheed was playing an all around game worth being on the floor.

In this game we needed more from our starting 2 and 3 they shot a combined 8-23. Prince normally scores alot against phili to offset he points that AI (the other one) scores on us... we lost that matchup by 21 points today... OUCH
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

I agree, but Curry is coming up with ways not to play Sheed now. He's probably closer to having Rip come off the bench to compliment Sheed than he is to start him.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor