at Orlando Magic Tuesday November 30 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Three-pointers: Greg Monroe takes another step forward in Detroit Pistons' loss to Orlando Magic | MLive.com

Didn't get any of his shot blocked on his last 15 attempts. BIG IMPROVEMENT there.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Until Will stops chucking, I totally agree.
    The 'O flows with T-Mac running the show.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I believe I was typing this as you were lambasting me in the Knicks thread. IT'S IN THE TITLE OF THE ARTICLE!!!! The Magic crew of Matt Goukas and the Poor Man's Mike Breen incredulously commented on the same article finishing with Goukas saying, 'He doesn't even start for them.'

Monroe has probably been the brightest spot for the Pistons lately. It is a compliment towards him to say you can't even notice when he is out there because it means he isn't committing stupid rookie fouls or being singled out by the refs for being a rookie.

I couldn't believe it when he blocked Bass from behind.

He still came dangerously close to hitting the underside of the rim on one of his hoops. I do not think it is unrealistic to think that will improve though.

Was Stuckey out there for this 1st half of the 4th Q? If he was I did not notice him at all.

In 33 more seconds of PT Jameer Nelson out boarded Hot Rod Stuckey 6 to 3. That makes (at least) 3 straight games where The Greatest Physical Specimen to Ever Grace the PG Position has been out-rebounded by Brandon Jennings, Ray Felton and Jameer Nelson.

That was a really nice pass CCG made to Monroe for his first hoop. He played more - and better - last night (24 minutes!) than I thought he would in any of the games this week. O-Town isn't that bad a matchup for him yet I find it a stretch to say he played well.

Orlando and Detroit aren't that dis-similar in their style of play. They have Howard which the Pistons obviously do not have and they get more consistent ball movement for their 3's, but they are mostly a non-post perimeter team.

I wonder how much difference a in his prime Ben Wallace would make on this team?
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That come from behind Monroe block on Bass was a thing of beauty.

This was actually a great game. It always tickles me how the Pistons, even at their weakest, expose Howard. We may be the team that plays Orlando the best in this league. I'm hoping for a 1-8 seed upset this summer! :)

We seem to have very good ball rotation when we have TMac-Gordon-CV on the floor together. I agree with many people here that our bench unit would be much better with a linup of TMac-Gordon-Daye-CV-Monroe. You have TMac who can draw double teams and Gordon, Daye and CV are all good shooters. Granted defensively that team is not the strongest, but they're adequate as a bench unit. It's about time to tighten this rotation to 10 men if we're starting Stuck-Rip-Prince-JMax-Wallace.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I found it hilarious when the Orlando commentators refered to the first half as BIZARRO HALF because the Pistons didn't double team Howard but the Magic double teamed like crazy.
  6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Fixed your post.

The funny thing about this season is the possibility of where we would be if JJ wasn't hurt and had a season at least similar to last year. Add him to the above starting unit at PF and let CV come off the bench and we have a whole different look and feel to the ball club.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree...and instead of 6-13, we would easily be 7-12....