at Orlando Magic Tuesday November 30 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Y-U-G-E game tonight as 2 of the early season favorites for MVP, Dwight Howard and Charles Villanueva, square off.

I would play CCG at the 5 spot so Howard has to cover him. Think of all the mis-matches this will create!!!
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

off the bandwagon and apparently lit the match before ya jumped...lol:cold:
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ernie, what's up with the MVP stuff?
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons will win this one. All because I predicted a 6-12 start to the season and I've never been right about anything.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not a terribly coached game, except in three respects. 1)Bynum again played, contributed nothing, and we did terribly both halves while he was in the game. And 2) When our defense could not hold, Kuester was very slow at the end of the game in making substitutions to shore up the D. Rip did come in for Gordon eventually, but CV stayed out there right to the end of the game even though he can't rotate defensively. 3)Again, one of our best players, Daye, did not play. Being on a front end of a back to back, certainly a couple of our vets could have played a bit less to give Daye a few minutes here and there.

Fine defense on Howard for the game, no doubt. Lots of good work by Big Ben and plenty of team work to help him out. Monroe also played him surprisingly well.

Tay and Stuckey provided some offense. Got to give credit to Orlando's coach for getting his guys to play the best defense they are capable of.

We led for about 40 of the 48 minutes. Not much help. The idea is to win the game. Playing the best possible is the goal, not to just have the lead. Having the lead does not validate what you are doing. Winning does. Until Kuester starts winning games, he better keep changing things until he gets wins. Pairing CV with Monroe, and Ben Wallace with JMAX game after game, never switching it up, while we lose game after game - its not the way to go.

And like a lot of people keep wishing for - play TMAC as your point. He is pretty much worthless as he is being played now. This will allow you to drop Bynum from the rotation - and add Daye in.

Thats about it for now. Everyone have a great night.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Oh man, thought we were gonna get this one. I answered a phone call in the 4th quarter and our lead evaporated.

Would have been a quality win and would have tied us with Miami in that category.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Miami only has one win against a team with a winning record? Who'd of figured?
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good recap, Lee. The Pistons looked very good in this game. You just knew that they were going to run out of steam down the stretch.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

For the first 6minutes of the game we played some of the most beautiful basketball I've ever seen from these guys in a long time and we had a 20-8 lead to show for it. Everybody looked fantastic and we had assists on almost every made field goal. Then we started running that stupid double high post set, 2 chest, Iso's for Tayshaun and at that point you knew it was over.
    Greg Monroe was GREAT tonight!!! I mean that kid played fantastic, seriously!!!
    The 3rd qtr was our downfall again, yet Q will not change anything as we only scored 16 points. The starters were all throwing ill advised or way off target passes leading to horrible offensive possessions. I don't understand how a coach can have that much depth on the bench and allow guys to play so poorly, so long before making a substitution?????????
    Once again Stuckey looked great, in the first half, and did his usual disappearing act in the 4th qtr and he definitely made up in his mind that there was no way in hell he was going to fight through or around a screen to deny a WIDE OPEN jumper
    This 2nd half flatness is a real problem that won't allow us to win games, something needs to change. Q has to shake up the lineups and sub patterns and get Stuckey on the floor with the 2nd unit, I'd even entertain starting Bynum to watch Rip and Tay play keep away.
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

Ben Gordon is just wasting away on this team. He's a dominant scorer that, for some reason, is being frozen out of the offense by his teammates.

Monroe's really looking good lately. I think he's going to be a fine NBA center - a really good one.

Daye not playing is just becoming criminal. Seriously, it's stupid not to play him.
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes, yes, and yes.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rotations, lineup adjustments, dumb coach, whatever you want to call it, the current mix does not work fro 48 minutes. I know JJ only plays this season if we make it to the playoffs, but when is Terrico White going to be healed? ..and contribute?

As we all agree, the offense stalls when Bynum comes into play in the third qtr and depending on how good the other team can adjust, the games are being lost then.

If we could just sustain a lead then our starters would not have to fight so hard to get back in the game or sustain a lead. Taking Bynum out and using Tmac at the point would work. Right now every time the two of them are in there together in the second half, they both pile up negative +/- figures until Q pulls Bynum....which in some cases is to late. Where is Daye when we need him??

Bengo could score 15-20 pts a game if he started or got to play in the first or third qtr...Right now he is being wasted. He tied for second in assists with 4, so maybe he should be coming at the pt in place of Bynum??? Also can someone explain to me how 3 for 8 close-to-the-basket-shooting Jason Maxiel got to play the whole third qtr??? Yeah he had a nice block, but what about the ONE rebound and 2 bad turnovers? Chris Wilcox is dressed, please throw him there....he could have even missed a few dunk attempts while Howard was sitting:)

The Magic missed a ton of three pointers in the second and third quarters and then knickerbockered us with three point makes out gunning the Pistons 23-9 to close out the game.. In fact as soon Pietres and JJ-Red hit the back to back threes with about six minutes and change left to tie and take the lead,75-72, I kind of figured it was over then.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

To be fair, that was Dwight Howard setting screens, and although Stuckey is built like a rock, Howard is built like a rock, but only much bigger. Tough for anyone to get around a Howard screen. I think that's more on the bigs for not getting up aggressively and even trapping their ball handlers to deny them a wide open shot/clear path to the basket.

As for starting Bynum... please dear god, no! He should be cut out of the playing rotation entirely.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I will acknowledge that Superman is hard to get around. Q needed to coach that better and come up with something other that what we saw, you know Monroe was too scared to leave DH. But even with that said Stuckey bailed on the play a few times.

This team did a lot of things right tonight, but in true fashion failed to pull it out in the end. Q needs to do better, but I will give the coach credit for such a great start to the game, the execution (and game plan) was fantastic but the necessary discipline and focus needed to run it for 48mins was not there.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ben Wallace was D-ing up DHo pretty well.

One thing I noticed is that Ben rarely left his feet and jammed Dwight high when he would turn to the hoop. It was really bothering him.
  18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I didn't get Special K and Blaha on my league pass for this game, I got the Orlando crew. Those guys were amazed by how well GM defended Howard. Listening to those two guys got me a bit fired up about Monroe.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I might be Monroe's biggest critic in the forum but I was AMAZED at the things he was doing out on the court, and it looked even better when i watched the 2am replay, Greg is a whole lot better now than he was just 2 weeks ago, he even finished TWICE in the paint at the basket!!!!!!!!
  20. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Bengo is in with that 2nd unit. This means that he will hardly get any shot attempts BECAUSE Will Bynum always look to shoot 1st that setting up plays for the rest. We gotta put TMac as our backup PG and sit Bynum for once instead of Daye.