At Orlando Magic Feb. 27th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 21, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Great comments, leester. hat it proves is that you HAVE toplay your ENERGY guys in the 2nd AND 3rd quarters if u want a chance to win games AT THE END. That is the SOLE reason why we lose so many games in the 4th quarter.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'myo'Huckleberry!.......................:beer:
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I must be either ranked number 1A or #5 then...LOL
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

RC,i feel the exact opposite. I believe IT WAS amutiny for the same reason you gave earlier: THEY ARE HUMAN. Meaning: "we know whoIverson is but what has he done in 13 years for Detroit to have him start with us-The Core of 6 stright ECF's!!!!!!!????"
  5. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Dwight don't want none of STUCKEY!!

[​IMG]

AND WHAT THE HECK IS TAY DOING?

[​IMG]

Or this:

[​IMG]
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Whatsa matter LK? You never kicked or have been kicked in the plumbing? Had a hairy sweaty man grind his head into your belly?

Did you notice the chat link?
  7. max

max All-Star

This probably is not the thread but..

I have been thinking lately. Maybe we should be open to the possibility that our young guys are not as good as we hoped they would be. What are the odds of a 25th pick ( or whatever AA was ) being this valuable?

Think about it. We lost the best player on the team so perhaps thats the primary reason we are losing. Remember how we all felt when CB was injured during the Orlando series? There were serious doubts at that point on finishing off that series. Then Stucky stepped in and played well. When Stucky plays well we can still win.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, role players are critically important. I don't think we could just attribute it all to losing CB. And i think alot of those doubts came b/c Flip was our coach, and we knew he was going to live and die by the starters no matter what.

AA can be a version of Posey/Bowen. He has all the tools. In the future i think he's going to be critical to our success (and already is IMO).

What frustrates me is that the young players never get a fair shot so we can't ever solve these debates LOL.

And on that note, please Curry put him on Rondo or in the game on anyone for at least 10 minutes.

Also that tech on Sheed was BS.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But every single team has fans that think the unused bench players are the only thing holding them back from getting a championship. I just think we overvalue them because it's fun to think we know more about how to win than every coach or GM in the NBA.
  10. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

1. I don't think when Hamilton and Allen were in the lineup together that the Pistons were dogging it, I think they were merely pouting. They had not moved into the tanking phase until they realized that Hamilton was going to stay on the bench.

2. Jealousy. It's never been able to be explained and far too often dismissed as a possiblity because it's so hard to easily define. But, Delfino nailed it in another post. The Almighty Pistons turned into and the Pistons in the span of a plane ride from Denver.

3. I also think that it is preposterous. I have never seen a group of men, and a large portion of the fans of those men, prefer to lose, and embarrassingly so, as a "team" instead of trying to compete and win with a superstar. I'm stunned that they would waste a year of their lives and basketball lives over something so meaningless and petty. Like their championship run with no superstars actually ranks higher than any other championship that has been won in NBA history.

The Detroit Pistons organization has three championships and two of them were won with and because of a superstar. The last championship can be(and often is outside of the city limits of Detroit) argued that it was won because the superstar of the other team was so busy trying to win the Finals MVP, that he forgot that the Lakers needed to win the Finals first.

I personally can't believe that a group of men who have lost, what five straight ECFs, are so obsessed with getting to and winning a championship on their terms. As if, they actually have a say in it. As if, they have yet to realize that they have lost more times than not, to the team with the superstar.

The superstar that had teammates just like the heavily scoffed at 2001 Sixers. Teammates that did what they could do, to the very best of their ability, to support their superstar and win a championship. The Spurs, the Heat, the Cavailiers, etc. all may be more talented "robots" than the 2001 robots, but make no mistake, no one fears the bulk of them without their resident superstar.

When Hamilton went down, the team came together to win games and tried to win as many games as they could until Hamilton came back and in an effort to keep the season afloat. When they realized that Hamilton would come back, but off the bench, they fell apart and Allen was on the wrong side of that crumbling.

4. The easy and innocent explanations are exactly what the triumvirate are banking on and cashing in. The blame falls at the feet of everyone but them.

But, having said all of that, I hope the remainder of the season is satisfying enough to the Pistons and that they can go fishing believing that it was all worth it.

They tanked and they know they tanked. They've done it before individually, but this time they came together at the same time and once again, they got rid of the one they didn't want.
  11. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Nope, can't say I have.

And thanks for the honor! :thumb[1]: