At Orlando Magic Feb. 27th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Orlando Magic Feb. 27th, 7:00 PM
    TV - FS Detroit HD, ESPN
    Radio WDFN 1130

The Pistons will face the Magic offense led by Rafer "Skip to my Loo" Alston. Will this move improve the Magic offense or show how special Jameer Nelson is to this team.. some may say the success of the Magic is in their frontline, Hedo, Dwight and Rashard can be trouble.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed gets suspended for our game against Dwight Howard. Nice.

:hoops:

3. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's good news.

5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Sheed usually gets fired up after drama.

I expect Sheed to score double figures in this one!

6. max

max All-Star

I like our chances in this one. Orlando has been stumbling a bit ( 6-4 over the last 10 ) without Nelson and for some reason Sheed/Dyess know how to play Howard. Whether or not they can keep it up will be the key to this game.

7. Patron

Patron Second Round Draft Pick

Orlando by 30

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Magic fans would be absolutely DEVASTATED if they can't even manage to kick us aside tonight when we are at our absolute lowest point of the last decade.

If the Magic don't win this game, I'm not sure that they'll EVER get the Piston guerrilla off their backs.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:good:

My excitement is tempered by the realization that Dyess/Sheed is till our starting frontcourt. Curry has to keep this to a minimum with his rotations, and play Amir early and often. AA getting some burn would hlp as well, but i don't remember him being a good matchup against Turkoglu so stick him at SG on Pietrus or whoever is their starting 2 these days.

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Magic by 70.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Magic players have been looking forward to this all week apparently, and can't wait to beat at their house.

This is an NBA Championship game for them.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

They might start out at that pace. But I am sure the mercy rule will be in effect. Besides, our scrubs play defense, so as soon as we are down 40, the scrubs will come in and halt further slide.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I would like to say in advance; I hate our frontcourt.

15. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Thats the Pistons basketball I know and love. Finally a win! It seemed Stuckey was back to normal, although he only had one assist. Maxiell played big off the bench. RIP was huge.

It will be interesting when AI comes back. I was against the move earlier, but the offense does look way better out there. They actually had life tonight. I just hope we actually keep this lineup for the rest of the season.

16. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I definitely agree!! Rip was ridiculous along with Dice. Stuck looked so much better. I'm glad that move was done. It should've been like that from the beginning and maybe, just maybe we would have a different record.

17. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

The Magic without Jameer Nelson are just an ordinary team so he's the straw that stirs their drink. Even with the old men front court the Pistons won this game and I give the credit to Richard Hamilton who wants to show Joe Dumars he doesn't want to be the 6th man anymore.

Stuckey sure looked like a different player today, so energetic and involved and looking like the Stuckey of old. I even saw Sheed and Dice looking relaxed and happy so maybe the chemistry is better with A.I. back in Detroit. One game does not redeem the clueless coach though and I wish Joe would just fire him and let someone else finish coaching this season.

Boy Aaron Afflalo must have really done something horrendous to be racking up so many DNPs. Why does Dumars allow this to happen? Surely Afflalo can hit his threes better than Fabio and his defense is never a question.

We still have a dreaded Sunday game coming up, hopefully this won't end up badly but I fear the worst.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I love our boring team.

And Rip impressed. He created for his teammates, was under control, and most importantly lead. Stuckey played like a weight had been lifted of his shoulders. I forgot to add; honorable mention to Sheed's defense. Stay a Piston forever please. LOL

The defense in that third quarter and at the end was a thing of beauty. It's good to see they still have it in them. Now we just need to get Curry to re-incorporate two great defenders we already have into the line-up . . .

ORL is fairly easy to defend since they are PG-less, but we're going to have our work cut out against BOS. Definately going to need AA on Rondo and quickness.

Still some problems namely the Dyess/Sheed frontcourt that will never die, but it was so nice to finally WIN!

We should really aim for that 6th seed.

19. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Congratulations. The Pistons actually showed some intensity tonight. Hopefully, it will translate to the Boston game and then on. Allen should focus on his back.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Well what can I say? The Pistons actually looked like a real basketball team out there tonight. They were tough and gritty on defense, challenged all of Orlando's three pointers and Sheed/Dyess did a decent job containing Howard in the second half. They executed to perfection on offense... players cut to the basket, the bigs were doing an excellent job of setting screens for Rip and Stuck, who were both terrific tonight.

Man they looked soooooo good tonight. Should they just cut their ties with AI altogether? This looked like the same team that knocked out Orlando in the second round last year.