At Orlando December 8th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by TheeTFD, Dec 8, 2006.

?

Call your shot

Poll closed Dec 9, 2006.
  1. 2 point game either way

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Pistons walk over these pups

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Magic too young and too Darkod-up [they shock the world]

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Blame it on the Back to Back and travel

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Out of the players I mentioned, who on that list just puts up stats and does not contribute positively to making their teams win? This ought to be good.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My point is not that he is better than Wade, Bosh, Melo, etc. It is just that some big men take a while to hit their stride. If they are sitting on the bench, then it will take even longer.

If you want Amir Johnson to get better, then you have to play him. All the Better Basketball videos in the world won't help him if he doesn't get to experiment and apply it on the court.

I understand that you think Kwame is still a bust. However, he is way better than he was last year, so you might be surprised if you haven't watched him recently.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, but does he have happy feet? :)

4. MotownPride

I've seen Kwame play and I agree. He went from a top draft pick who didn't even deserve to be in the league to a top draft pick that actually helps a basketball team. Credit the Zen master for that because Kwame did actually get playing time in Washington he was just not able to thrive in that environment.

On Darko, I've never said that he wasn't serviceable just that I don't believe he will be better than the players I mentioned. To that end, I don't think he will ever win a DPOY either until he learns to rebound. 7 footers who don't rebound will find it hard to get any recognition on the defensive side of the ball.

5. MotownPride

Exactly. lol. :)

6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i don't believe any of us have stated that expectation. its the fact you keep talking about him like he IS putting up 20 and 10 that leads us to rebut.

so you consider darko an important piece of that 04 championship? thats interesting.

i don't believe i've seen darko ever put anything close to a 15-10-5-3-3 line. If I had, he'd definitely be on my fantasy team.

dude, theres only 1 steve nash, and out of all 500 or so NBA players out there, only 13 or so are lucky enough to play with him. you can't compare every PG to nash because that is silly.

and if you are referring to billups in that comment then its irrelevant because darko was never on the floor at the same time as billups. if darko was on the floor that meant it was garbage time. which means chauncey was resting on the bench after working damn hard for that 20 point lead.
    arroyo was never a chucker and garnered more pleasure from assists than scoring. he put up 7 assists in 15 minutes, so which chucking PG's are you referring to please?

i don't think i've ever seen darko sweat. ever. i guess that means he's really fit.

7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i haven't watched you drop 3 pointer after 3 pointer. i haven't read reports from journalists and nba scouts about you dropping 3 pointer after 3 pointer. so i don't believe that you can shoot the 3.

darko just hasn't been put in the position to shoot 3's. do you believe that if darko was in phoenix or dallas that he would shoot 3's??

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Alright. That's it. Name your venue. Shirts vs. skins, and I have dibs on skins.

I hope you don't mind guarding a guy with backhair like a Persian rug.

How is that for some mental imagery?

9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i talk about him like he can put up 20 and 10. i believe we should have developed him so he could be doing that for us in a couple of years. i disagree people started scrutinizing darko before he even had court time. i just truly believe in his potential and i'm right.

nope. i'm just stating that everywhere darko has been his team has won. that fact can't be disputed.

just wait. he doesn't have the ball enough to put up those numbers. but for a center darko has the ability to do it. he can put up the points, rebs,assists, blocks and he's doing ok on steals.

steve and the phoenix system inflates a players numbers. i brought up nash because 2 players named as better picks that darko play for phoenix. we all know how well boris was doing in atlanta.

arroyo has turned into a chucker in orlando. jameer doesn't pass to darko either.

10. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

:pound: :pound: :pound:

11. MotownPride

..even though its irrevelant. Sorta like saying that every MVP in the history of the game has had eyebrows. And you wonder why its hard to take your points seriously.