At Orlando 7pm Feb 23rd

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 18, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

Game #2 of the Home at Home. This is the next game for both teams as someone will be trying to save face.

tv :tv20. Its on tv20 so there will be 2 more rebroadcasts after the live broadcast. ( good excuse to pull an all-nighter )

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am traveling to Orlando on Tuesday and will be in da house to root the Pistons on come Friday at The TD Waterhouse Centre. Sorry no rooting for Darko here, but I will keep my eyes open for Tamia....

Hopefully not only will this be a win for the Pistons, but also the debut of their new back-up point......:nod:

I will give an ingame mini recap when I get back to my hotel that night.

3. max

max All-Star

Thats right, Thursday is the trade deadline. Our new player hopefully will be cleared to play that game.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

My guess is that Darko puckers up in Detroit and has a solid home game.
    Maybe we should start a poll.

5. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

I don't know yet what the Dark one will do back here in Detroit. I know he will be playing tonight in NY. He's coming off a career high 21 and 8 game and I'm kinda waiting to see what he does against NY before I put in my predictions for the EXPERT LICENSING EXAM CONTEST.

I think Darko will be pretty solid in Detroit, I'm guessing a bit above his season averages.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A lot of players play worse when they are trying to show up their former teams. Arroyo is the best example of this.

However, Darko's game has been relatively consistent because he is getting so many bunnies. Foul trouble is usually the derailing force.

I'm guessing Webber will guard him. ? If so, Darko will have a huge advantage in quickness and Webber will have to out-savy him.

That would leave Sheed to guard Dwight, which will be fun to watch too.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd guess the opposite with CWebb starting on Howard and then heading out early for either Nazr or DD. If it isn't Nazr, then the TRADE is on.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think he chokes against Detroit.

He looked like he was going to pee on himself when Larry Brown returned to town a couple of years ago.

Has anything changed? Maybe.

Show me!

Anyhow, what are the OBJECTIVE standards for a good performance?

I don't want to hear the Darko HOF go on and on about his 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 block that defined the game and rallied/or should have rallied his team to victory.

I'm admittedly curious to see how he does, but I don't really care very much either way.

Put your money where your mouths are DHOF! Predict some hard stats that would show us that Darko is a worthy #2 pick! Don't wait until after the game to twist his performance into one for the ages.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It actually kinda seems like you do care... with all your large fonts and exclamation marks.

I will predict that he has a great game with 8 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. His real value will be all the things he does that nobody is able to see... gets to the bus on time, asks poignant questions in the pre-game briefing, rebounds well in the shoot-around, etc.

10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

DHOF-ites don't function that way, for to do so would be the death of them.

11. Darth Tater

No, I don't care much about Darko. If you read the post again, perhaps you will glean enough insight to realize that what I do "care" about are the idiots who continue to sing the praises of someone who to this point has only proved himself to be a BUST without backing it up with any real data.

When he puts up real numbers (the few times that he has, that is), the numbers are shoved down our throats.

When he doesn't get any numbers (which is usually the case) we are told the numbers only tell a small part of the story. His real value is...blah blah blah.

No Tashawn. I have a low frustration tolerance for fools. Not basketball players who were drafted a round earlier than they should have been.

Also, I used the emphasis to make a point. I've asked for objective figures in the past, and have yet to see any. Love...and Darko love...are blind, I suppose.

12. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Darth, since I have shown admirable restraint to keep from being one of those "idiots" or "fools" who delight in ramming the stats down your throat, I will once again take the same road.

But I will smile quite broadly after the next two games between my two favorite teams.

I will get to be in the house for the one in Detroit but will have to settle for watching on the tube for the second one.

I hope I enjoy the games more than you do :gun1: :yellowprison: .

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Darth Tater/Darko Hater; only 3 letters different.

So what if Darko doesn't get good numbers? There is more to NBA basketball than doing well.

Give the guy a break. He comes from a war-torn country, yet his only flashbacks are of Larry Brown's screams.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The only screams I hear are the ones that Tater makes when I whup up on his hockey team!

15. Darth Tater

Your team is like last years Pistons.

I may change my name to the Miami Lightning (Tampa Bay is in the same State, so why not). Do you think I might get a few favorable calls from the refs when we meet in the playoffs if I do that?:cheerlie-GOAL: :thumb[1]:

16. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Ok Darth, I will post my "hard stats" as to what will happen tommorow in the Darko Expert Licensing Exam. I plan on putting them in there tonight after the Magic play in NY. I want to see that game before venturing any kind of guess as to what will happen tomorrow. G. Hill is back tonight and with Darko in the starting lineup I want to see how that affects his FGA's and his role in the offense. Then I will have a better idea as to how he will be used tomorrow.

As I said, I will post the stats I expect to see out of Darko TONIGHT after the Magic and NY game.

17. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You two guys are in the wrong thread.

Your hockey teams are in the wrong thread also.

Stick to Darko, you're better at that.

18. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko statline
    18 points, 10 rebs, 4 blocks, 6 assists.

for those of you who aren't believers you get to watch the game and see the impact for yourself. darko isn't about stats but in the starting line up he has been providing numbers.

get ready for the preview of the twin towers that will dominate the east for a long time.

darth. what numbers will darko have to put up to convert you?

19. Darth Tater

It depends. Convert me to what...exactly?

20. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

non bustdom.