At Oklahoma Thunder Jan. 16th 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by roscoe36, Jan 11, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

glad they lost. team quitting was so obvous that MC has no choice than make changes.

I still think MC gave to his vets a chance to figure things out among themselves but "free ride" is not working

they had probably the easiest 3 game schedule (cha, indy, okc) through the season but they lost all those games...

SB is 5-6

btw, check ou the latest from langlois from true blue, he is on the verge of quitting SB

2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons are a sad, sack of quit.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Katy bar the door!

It's gunna get worse before it gets better folks. So please don't waste any high grade complaining prematurely, or on the forgettable OKC Thunder.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:laugh::doh:

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That sucked. End of story.

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

the best tactic is to give infraction points to everyone so those will hold everyone back in a fear of banning. :P

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You can find me over in The Best Trade Proposals thread, drinking, typing and posting.............

8. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

You people need to calm down. Sure, we lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder. But they blew out the Jazz the other night, people. The Jazz. Off nights happen. The Thunder played a perfect game. Just give Curry a chance to adjust to the lineup. Thirty games just isn't enough to integrate a new player. Kevin Durant can't bench a basketball. He just got lucky. Give it some time. - Keith Langlois, Company Man.

9. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Maybe that is the plan: show Allen how great it could be in the second quarter. My only fear about that is that the game went from in theory, a five man game to a two man game, how long before it turns into a one man game?

Listening to the Oklahoma announcers, they started to discuss how Allen was dominating the ball and it was a whole lot of Allen. Which was fine, when it was working, but what about those times when it may not work?

I just don't believe that a team can have two distinct offensive philosophies if they want to be successful. And they weren't tonight with just a glimmer of what has been so heavily proposed.

Michael has to pee or get off the pot. Pick a direction, be a man and go with it. That includes: who is going to start, who is going to direct your offense, who is going to be the go to guy.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons were 6-1 without Sheed and Rip. Now 0-4 with them back in the lineup...

Trade rip for a couple of hardworking big men and bring Sheed in off the bench...

Is Chris Wilcox available??? he scored more points (17) then our entire bench. He also pulled 11 boards. Hopefully Joe talked to his agent and the OKC GM while his team was getting embarrassed.

OK I am over reacting here, but when you lose three straight games to teams that won't even make the playoffs then you don't deserve to make it either.

Have there been any sound bites from Joe this week??? Flip Sanders is rolling in his hammock...

Pistons shot 8 FT's and missed 5 of those. You could say that last three losses and the one to Portland last week can be blamed on the FT shooting and lack of attempts. I think this game turned when AI and Sheed missed 4 straight near the beginning of the 3rd qtr. AI had 14 points at the half and guess what finished with 14.

Stuckey was 1-10 from the field and never got to the line. He deferred to AI and Rip and neither could deliver.

Rebounds .....what a joke>> 52-35Thunder ... Pistons..only 5 offensive rebounds and two of those were grabbed by Kwame and Fabio in the last 60 seconds.. None in the first half at all.

11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

well, cough, that was exactly the issue with flip: everything was set from day1 and nothing changed.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Offensive rebounding and FT's. They are killers.

We outshot OKC 46.3 to 42.7% and yet is wasn't even close. One of these days, we'll be dominating the offensive glass again and frustrating the other team.

This was Stuckey's first bad game in recent memory. He's had so many solid games in a row, I wasn't sure it would be possible for a team to blank him, but they almost shut him out.

In this game, 66 FGA's from our starters and 3 made free throws. That is a lot of jump shooting and not much banging.

On the Thunder side of the equation, man was Durant's J looking unstoppable. Quick release and a ton of confidence. And Wilcox with 17 and 11 off the bench. That guy was playing some physical ball.

I'm not overly upset b/c my expections have hit rock bottom. We just need a different formula. Losing 3 straight games to 3 crappy teams when we are at full strength might be a sign that we aren't optimizing our talent.

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Was anyone even mildly surprised at what happened tonight? Didn't we pretty much expect this when the grieving/laughing :rip: returned?

Pistons fans are like RIP. We don't know whether to laugh or cry...

[​IMG]

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

One thing wrong with us is how individual we are now. All of our offense is off individual playmaking. It doesn't even look like we have an offense. We barely had double digit assists today (only 11).

15. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Well, I didn't watch during the Flip years unless they were playing a team that I would like to see play. No offense. However, while Detroit didn't win championships, didn't they at least win the games they were supposed to, and enough of them to put them in a position to possibly win championships?

Great, you traded for Allen for the playoffs. Rodney is developing nicely and should look even better in the playoffs. Tayshaun is an improved player and should be a monster in the playoffs.

Perfect!

Now win enough games to get those guys into the playoffs.

Rodney looked like an oversized ball caddy tonight. I guess the whispers in his ear was for him to focus on setting up the Ripfense and get his whenever he got his.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

In 3 more games we will already be at the halfway point of the season while the problems of this team keep piling up.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That falls on not just the head coach, but the assistants too...to late to fire Curry now but if he keeps this up he won't be around next fall to enjoy our lottery pick.

To bad we don't have a body who can bang with finesse like Wilcox...we are stuck with Max who now cannot even get off the bench.....maybe its a Curry rule>>> Rip and Max cannot play in the same game..

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Trading buckets and getting pounded on the glass = bad times. OKC could spin a wheel and land on an advantage offensively.

The 1st half was actually one of their better offensive outings of the year. Tay was decisive, the ball was moving, AI & TG were getting good looks. They could not get a stop.

Is DET going to have a new starting line-up now that this 3 game death march is over?

The Pistons collectively threw in the towel somewhere in the 4th, but I don't think their issues stem from not playing hard. There are some drama kings & queens out.

The OKC announcers said Tay hurt his groin so I guess it's not all bad news.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMAO :falloff: !!! Ripfense, classic.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You got that right buddy!!! When players on THIS team hurt their groin, we go on WIN STREAKS!!!!!