1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Oklahoma City Thunder Friday December 18 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Oklahoma City Thunder

Friday December 18

8:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Great post three-six!

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, you little .......

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

will the Pistons be distracted by the Thunders' nu shooz?? The whole team wore them last night, but not sure if they will wear these Durant specials tomorrow...

[​IMG]

6. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

The Shoes didn't work very well to Durant or Westbrook against Dallas.. I mean.. Look the FG% and the TO.

Hope we can come back home with at least one Win.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tough game. The key to OKC is to keep Westbrook in check. KD will get his, no stopping that guy, just contest and pray he misses shots. Oh, and Jeff Greene, he'll be solid, just can't let him look like an all-star.

Is Rip, Will or Bengo playing?

Lastly, CV has to man up tonight, Collison and Etan play strong, hard and tough, but they aren't very talented, Vill gotta expose them suckas tonight.

8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Team Captain 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We gotta give C.V. the ball, and space on the floor!

9. roscoe36

10. roscoe36

11. LA Dre

Stuckey has a season high 31 pts, but it was not enough and now the Pistons are 3-10 vs the west and the way they are running out of gas in the second half, that record could drop to 3-11 on Sunday vs the Lakers. The Lakers will be on a back to back and the end of their east coast swing, so we might be able to catch a break and beat a tired team...But we may need Gordon back to accomplish that feat.

The Pistons played well in the first half...just like they did in the last game and then fizzled out in the second with uninspired offensive sets (bad shot selection) and once again porous defense in the second half.

The Pistons only had 13 assists in the game with 3 on the 4th. Bynum had six of the 13. While Pistons did have 4 players in the double figures, the young Thunder dogs had more weapons and out hustled both our old and younguns. They even had a guy named Serge Ibaka causing fits for the Pistons. ???

Good to see former Clipper Shaun Livingston back in the league after that bad kneecap injury three years back....he played just under 20 mins and did not take a single shot??? I don't think Stuckey could play more than 20 seconds without taking a shot (11-24 tonight and 9-9 from the FT line 3 assists and 4 turnovers).....

12. pistonsin6

pistonsin6 First Round Draft Pick

The starting lineup overacheived and now its falling back down to Earth and Stuckey doesn't trust his teammates enough to give them shots. But I'm not sure I would either- it seemed like everytime he passed to them they missed shots...

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just not enough weapons for us. Too many role players and garbage men out there together. Not Q's fault obviously. He's been dealt a tough hand and is playing it well.

Some good moments from a lot of different guys tonight, but sad to say that we were overmatched against the... Thunder :yukpuke:

14. LA Dre

Agree..I made a similar comment in chat. Until we can get Gordon back it seems that there will always be three Piston non shooters on floor which leaves Stuckey out there to take 24+ shots everynight ...some of them spectacular and others forced because he is not going to pass to Ben, Max, Kwame, Atkins or even JJ ...

Wade is his favorite player and he does his best to take as many "I am the man" shots as possible.

Come on Arne get the banana sauce brewing so that we can see everybody healthy art once and see what type of team we really have...

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Looked like a young team should... expect more?

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Pretty bad. And agree with the previous comments. The team needs its key guys back. The Pistons have hit a wall. I mean look out on the floor and you see Stuckey and CV and a bunch of rookies. That is about it. The rest of the team look like journeymen. And it gets easy for their defense to key on Stuckey and CV.

The defense is poor too. Seems like our bigs rarely block shots anymore. Every teams front line seems better than the Pistons. Maxiel and Ben scarcely showed up on the trip. I would have went down in that 4th quarter with all the rookies. At least the rookies can score some.

17. roscoe36

Not a lot we can say about this. The Pistons have been a poor second half team, and that's on the coach. And the *superstar* who seems to disappear as halftime approaches.

CV is CV. He's the second coming of Antoine Walker. In the right setting, he can be successful, but he'll never be a top 2 player on a good team. He just doesn't play fast or defend. Some nights he will drop 30, some nights he will drop 14 and give up 25.

Durant is a sick, sick player. I'd rather have him than Lebron because he can play without dominating the ball. Stuckey should take notes.

Don't know where Ben went. His game has just disappeared. I hope this isn't the end of the line for him because this will be a long season without our one game changer on defense.

Not too impressed with Q lately. The team is good off of rest, or practice, but the in game adjustments are just not there.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons have been playing with this group for so long that I don't even realize they're shorthanded until someone mentions it.

It is hard to believe that they could be lacking weapons when they spent 90 million on 2 bench players last summer. The best laid plans.........

I am really enjoying everyone's little Rodney Stuckey jokes though. Great job Dre. You also Roscoe a couple of day's back.

Charlie V was HUGE off the bench.

Ben showed up for a few minutes in the 3rd. This could be a code red, I hope he's hurt.

Could Walter Herrrrrrman outrun CV?

There is just something about Stuckey I can't quite put my finger on. I did find his game log online though.

[​IMG]

19. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I think the same way. I like Durant much more than James.

_______

Bad 4th quarter.. Won't blame it on anyone, we are a young team with our 3 Stars injured..

Rip
    Ben
    Tay.

I want them come back first and play some games.. 2-3 weeks to see what can be done with OUR FULL roster, then we can discuss a trade.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I actually give Kuester some credit for giving Wilcox some run after showing some signs of life recently. I'm not sure there's much he can do at the moment with the other stuff.

Aside from an enormous gap in talent, a big difference between Durant and Stuckey is that Durant can play at more than one speed. That is something Hot Rod should definitely learn.

I've been reluctant to say because I was afraid it would come out wrong, but I wonder if Stuckey has it upstairs to ever be a good player. He really seems to be lacking a lot of the time.