At NY Knicks December 27th, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 25, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Thanks - I needed that.

Yes he definetly took a blow to the Mr Big Shot image in that game. If he would have just hit one of those 3's or made that 1st free throw or did not foul Marbury on the 3-pt shot.

Can't blame the coach though for leaving him in. He is our money player and there are plenty of games when he was able to recover and make some clutch plays for us. He did rack up quit a few assists.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Missed another game down here in the mountains.

Many thanks to everyone who summarized and recapped - really brings some life to the box score.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'll grant you that it was mostly good offense on all the crazy shots that Crawford was hitting in the third OT, but Marbury's huge number of uncontested waltzes to the hoop and the lack of doubling on Curry until late in the game (as the prof pointed out below, it seemed to work really well once the Pistons finally got around to doing it) was simply terrible defense.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yep.

Listening to them during a loss is tough. Too much sunshine for my taste.
  5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Another game that I couldn't log into the chatroom because of the cable disruption from the earthquake in Taiwan. Really wished to have watch the game and chat with my bros and sis here at the forum.

Zeke is a good coach and I wouldn't mind him as our Pistons coach anytime over Flip. He ride with whoever is hot (Curry, 7-7 at one time) and Marbury. Later in the game when Marbury fouled out and Curry almost passed out from the heavy minutes and heavy body weight, it was Crawford's turn to explode. Early in the game Crawford was the playmaker for the Knicks (11 asst as SG).

What really surprise me in this game is Curry with no fouls for the entire game with 3 OTs. WTF??? Don't our bigs know how to draw fouls???

We took 36 more shots than the Knicks for a total 123 FGA and we ended up with 22 assts. WTF??? Most forumites have already pointed out that we are a jump shooting team and jump shots would usually come from a direct pass, so where are the asst??? Too many one on one ball recently, no good. CB, start makin plays and move the ball instead of jackin up 3s when your shots are not there.

Flip Murray, 4 mins with 3 TOs when the rest of the team ended up only 7 TOs in 63 mins. WTF??? Sit him and the end of the bench for heaven's sake.

We would have lost the Nets game if the refs have a foul on the last play. So, I have no complaints on the non call on Rip. We shouldn't have come down to that play if CB play smart. Just a tough lost.

Hopefully they have enough rest for the Pacers game. Lost once to them, wouldn't wanna lose another and go on a losing streak.

GO PISTONS!!!
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

It is weird that Curry didn't end up committing any fouls, but his pathetic inability to block anyone out gave the Pistons tons of second chances, and the fact that he never fouled anyone on those plays is a pretty bad indictment of his lack of hustle. Late in the 4th quarter and in the OTs, the Pistons had at least three possessions where they got a MINIMUM of 4 shots up on the same trip down the court. Their inability to finish those hurt them way more than not drawing any fouls on Curry did.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Delfino is going get confident after this game. Lots of things were good. Sheed and CB will bounce back so things are still great. I want to see Chauncey on the bench more. He always goes in a hibernation mode to save energy. He plays so much better when he's rested, he actually looks like an all defense team player when he's rested.
  8. roscoe36

This team has a different philosophy now. They believe they can win the game on offense, not having to rely exclusively on defense and turnovers.

The only thing that concerns me is that Billups won't stop calling his own number if he is cold, and Tayshaun and Sheed seem unwilling to get the dirty physical baskets when it's a one point game.

A general acceptance that an open 3 is the best shot even if 1 point will tie and 2 will win. I'm trying to keep an open mind.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

If Chauncey keeps having games like that one, we won't want him back next year. lol.
  10. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Sheed certainly but I recall Tay taking a couple hard to the hole when we needed. I will give FlipS credit for the late game play he designed for Tay to penetrate and dish to a wide open baseline cutter for a dunk.

Have you noticed that this is also becomming a widely used practice in the college game. With the expectation that refs will not blow whistles in these situations I wonder why we don't see guys drive, slightly pushoff, then pullup for a mid-range J. Ref Chauncey -vs- Arenas a couple of years ago.
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Even if you have an open 3 why not take a dribble or two and a couple steps and pull up for a nice 18 ft jumper.

Also there is no defense on this team at all. Giving up 61 points in the first quarter to the Knicks is a joke. Giving up that many points used to be unheard of unless we were playing a Western Conference team like Dallas or Phoenix.
  12. roscoe36

I'll agree that it is a lot less likely for a guy to draw a charge call in today's game, particularly late.

That Wizards game was one of the few times when Billups drew contact in the clutch and didn't bail out on the shot.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly, I don't mind CB calling his own shot or play, but with 25 seconds left in a tie game, and all you need is a point to win, it would make since to either drive to the hoop or have a play option set up to feed one or two men. Both he and Rip shoot 88% from the FT line and there is 75% chance that either of them will get the call if they attack the rim properly (25% is the no call on Rip last night). The game could have been over then without all of the OT drama and disapointment for Pistons fans.

We all love Prince, but obviously he still hasn't gained that toughness we have hope for and the only remaining toughness in Sheed is his mouth :Cry:
  14. roscoe36

Dale Davis was +6 in just under 12 minutes. I cannot understand why we wouldn't play Dice at 4, Dale at 5 and save Sheed's fouls. Quite frankly, Sheed is a much better big shot maker than Billups given that he gets far fewer attempts.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Could of easily got a better shot, but don't you think Chauncey knew he could get a better shot? A player will worry so much about the clock. Chauncey wanted it so the Knicks would have no shot attempt so he waited till 5 seconds were on the clock. By the time things started to get open it was a little late so Chauncey jacked it up. No doubt it was a bad shot, but it's not likely he called his own number every time.
  16. roscoe36

CBill took 7 shots in the fourth quarter and overtime. All 7 were treys. He made none of them.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ouch. Too bad he couldn't have shot 14% during that timeframe.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

This after dicing up the Knicks for 22 and 18, 3 weeks ago. Not good.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

For someone who missed the game, that was the best post I ever read!!! Very ON the Ball, Bro Chen....But WTF with the WTF???:pound:
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's disturbing.

I really think Chauncey is one of those players that can't function properly (mentally and physically) when he plays alot of minutes. The last few games he was playing less minutes and he looked fantastic down the stretch and in general (even on defense!)

Blaylock (sp?) is doing good. He needs to play more. Unfortuanately when things get tight or we're down, Flip always brings CB back in before anybody even if he's having an off game.