At NY Knicks Dec 7th 12:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Then I'll REALLY get the blame...lol
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This idea of Curry's was a joke. You add an up tempo player, AI, so you have to substract one in Amir.

Let me tell you how reality works. Players who run love to have other players who run along side them.

Adding AI, absolutely should have met that Amir was just that much more valuable.

What If AI goes for a steal, something he loves to do. Do you really want Kwame Brown in there to rotate over to cover the free man if AI's steal attempt is unsuccessful? Of course not, you want Amir in there.

The one reason that does make sense for the switch, and its a stretch, is that we lost a tough player in Billups. By switching to AI, it left us with a thinner unit. But wait one moment, size is worthless if it does not get to the play. If multiply Amir's size by the area he covers, it comes out to a whole lot more compared to the same measurement of Kwame.

Against most teams, you lose far too much in the switch from Amir to Kwame.

One more thought. Its perfectly legal to sub Kwame in for Amir when needed. Curry had it right in the first place. He should go back to where he started, with Amir in the starting unit.

And if you really need more toughness, start JMAX at small forward (or actually, just start Amir and JMAX together as a pair of forwards) you will have all the toughness imagineable. Tay could come off the bench.
  4. max

max All-Star

Thats a good theory. I will have to re-watch the Clev game ( think I still have that ). Thats when the Pistons were able to execute before Clev was able to setup. Have to see who was playing then, you are probably right though.

Whatever Curry has been doing has not been working.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Kwame were to start it should of been with Chauncey. Then we would just have more size. We always had a slow, half court starting lineup.

I honestly like the idea of bringing Rip off the bench. It would be the only way to make full use of his mid range/running off of screens game now that Chauncey is gone.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

And, Rip can't run fast breaks, as he is a horrid passer and a poor finisher at the basket.

So, AI, Afflalo, Prince, Amir, and Sheed is the way to go. Sheed rebounds the ball, makes a strong outlet pass, trails the play by setting up at the three line.

Amir and Tay run the wings, AI and Afflalo push the ball up. If the other team checks everything else, Sheed kills them with the wide open 3 ball.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That would be a very good lineup but it wont happen. If Rip or AI sits Stuckey will start. Its sad to see no changes because things are obviously not working. Change the damn starting lineup and the rotations. What is even more frustrating is that is only 1/100 of our many problems.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say DVR the rest of the season until they break out of their funk. They have to learn to play well without being distracted by your DVR. These are grown men.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good one CJ.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Shameful. I saw this start coming once I saw the time of the game. These guys will not hesitate to use whatever excuse is nearby. Too many games in a row? Too few games in a row? I'll take one of each.

The start of the second half was the best they've played defensively probably all year (and they weren't even playing that well). I'm not counting the fluke bits against CLE or SA. They were able to play straight man to man and looked alive against the pick & roll. This might make a difference if they weren't down 30. If they could play like that consistently they wouldn't have games like last Friday. That would take pride though and the excuses are more handy.

Has a team ever played more small ball and had as much difficulty with the P & R. Shouldn't they just be able to switch. AI is like a moth to the flame on those things.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I have to agree with that. That's the starting lineup I'd like to see.
    Afflalo's shot has been getting better and better and his defense is probably the best on the team right now.

Amir should be able to prevent AI's man from getting layups without having to foul.
  12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Small ball. ugh, I can't even begin to express how much I hate having Tay at PF. Suddenly I'm glad I don't have any extra time to worry about this team's ongoing drama and Curry's screwy lineups. I mean, New York? Really? :swear2::gaah::lalala:
  13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Perhaps its a good thing thing i'm at work more than i've ever been. The Pistons are a much smaller priority than they've been in the past, and like you alexa, i don't really have the luxury of extra time any more.

and i'm with lpgrl in one respect, Iverson's depressed, suicidal interviews have already done a number on me.:hanged2:
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a creepy avatar PA. Is that Chauncetonio McDyessups?
  15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Judging from the Chauncey smile on Dice's face, yes.
  16. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

lol, its Chauncio McBillups. It's the exemplary Pistons photoshop:

[​IMG]

It's actually only Chauncey's grin. It's creepy because the eyes and nose are completely interchangeable.
  17. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You should head over to Isla Mujeres while you're there. Much better place than Cancun. The island is so chilled and its only 20 minutes on the ferry.

It's funny how many tourists go to the Hotel area of Cancun but never the city (which is a dump mostly). I think that hotel area should have its own city name, its nothing like Cancun. Maybe Cancun de tourista?
  18. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You may not have a face for the internets, but you sure got the voice. This was the first one I was able to check out. That was really good.
  20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The first one?!?!?!

Ernie I'm appalled.

It's time for you to call in and make up for missing all of these podcasts!