At NY Knicks Dec 7th 12:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I moderate and host the show...everyone else calls in and helps me not go insane...

...and I am leaving for Cancun on Wed. night for my best friend's wedding.

...it should be a blast!
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

if I had called in I may have started swearing and Roscoe would have banned me from the site...:hand:
  3. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

^Avatar^ Joe won't cut him loose. Joe's afraid of admitting he's made a mistake.
  4. max

max All-Star

Low. But I think we all need a vacation after that.
  5. max

max All-Star

Have to call early or there may not be time. Was a good show as usual.
  6. Pwn Toney

Yes...you guys should get your calls in closer to the start of the show...due to my archiving the shows...I have a set recording time and I have to stick to that...unless there's 4 or 5 callers waiting to get in, I usually keep the show to 1hr 15m blocks.
  7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Have a great time...Cancun is beautiful.
  8. Pwn Toney

Thanks! I'm really going to try to enjoy myself (for once).
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe while you are gone the Pistons put together a 3 game win streak and shock everyone.:falloff:
  10. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

This game was lost in the first 5 minutes when the Pistons went down 10-0 the white flag came out. With Kwame in the starting line-up the Pistons just seem like a slow team with no offensive rhythm. Curry needs to find a stable starting line-up and stick with it. Since we have AI for the year he's the starting PG. Rip gets to be the starting SG because if he was in mourning when Chauncey left think of what a funk he'll go in if he gets sent to the 2nd unit as the 6th man. I'm perfectly fine with Amir starting (or Dice when he gets back in shape) and relegate Kwame to the taxi squad.

My biggest disappointment is how AI is not the crunch time player that Chauncey was for the Pistons. I'm ready to face facts and say that AI is a great player but that doesn't necessarily translate into making the other players around him better. He is a scorer and he can put points on the board but he's not the big game game changer. On the other hand Afflalo is a big game player and I want him in the game when it's close.

The Pistons are a much better team than their record and if Joe wants to make one more trade this year my candidate is Sheed or Tay. Get the best player you can get for either of these two guys and move to the top of the pack. Sheed's just not giving it his all when it's a lowly team aggravates me no end. I want a player like David Lee who is a blue collar hard nosed player that gets the most out of his talent. Sheed's curse is he's mad talented but he's aging and his talent can't be turned on and off as easily as it once was.

Oh yeah my dream wish is for Delfino to rejoin the Pistons when he gets sick of playing in Russia this year. Fabio is a poor man's Delfino and I want the real thing back. Fino is a restricted free agent with an offer from Toronto still valid but that's not a deal breaker.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

AI would make me happy if he would TRY TO GO UNDER THE PICK INSTEAD OF INTO THE PICK. That's all he has to do. If he does that, I'll leave him alone for at least 7 games.
  12. max

max All-Star

Don't you think that a good coach would be able to figure this out? Perhaps he still will.

I don't particularly fancy spending the rest of the season wishing for what we do not have or what could have been. The trade is done and over with and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Just have to trust Joes vision at this point and wait for the final outcome - I don't think he is done yet.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

lol. I don't control content on The Low's show.

He's his own sheriff.:6shoot:
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's the problem for me. I don't trust Joe's vision anymore and i haven't for a long time.

And i'm not wishing for what could have been just saying in respost to you post that this teams' struggles, and Curry going schizophrenic with the line-up are due to a specific reason so it's hard to really blame him, and label him a bad coach b/c frankly i don't think this team is very good. However, if this change in the line-up fails like it's going to and he sticks to it, ask me again.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Word of warning...if you take one of the party boats to Isla Mujeres, drink nothing with ice cubes or you might regret it :ill:

Have a great time! :beer:

As for today's game and since CB left...can we annul the trade? ;)
  16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am so over Rip. If he doesn't want to play here, someone show him the door please.

I don't think AJ is going to make it. Everything he does well comes outside the system, both offensively and defensively. I'm not sure he has a clue where he is supposed to be or why and sadly, I'm not sure he cares.

Can someone explain to the coaching staff that AI isn't a three point shooter and that perhaps they should change things up so he isn't the bailout shot from behind the line with no time on the clock? CB used to thrive on that, but it's not AI's game. Note to Curry - the pieces are not interchangeable.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Seems like there are a few people calling for Curry's head with more than 60 games left in the regular season. I think I'll wait to judge him fully after Game No. 82. There probably aren't many instances of a new coach having to adjust to a blockbuster trade 4 games into the season.

That being said, the Pistons' play has been disappointing. As a fan, I'll be watching to see if they can work it out. I think another trade will be made before the deadline as Joe D looks to the future.

I'm still supportive of the A.I. trade and breaking up the core. The core was not getting it done.

How many times did Sheed postup today?
  18. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

I don't think it is time to call for MC's head, but I think rookie-ness is emerging. The minute Chauncey was traded our offense became a mess. He was clearly the leader of this team, but my thought was that when he left they would start to listen to MC. Instead, there seems to be no nucleaus. MC has to figure out how to regain control of this team.

The lineups he is putting on the floor are miserable at times. He is trying to figure this thing out as it goes along. When Billups was here, this was okay because he had a true floor leader that held it together. Now, we don't have that the team has no one to rally behind. Stuckey is getting there, but can't do it alone.

MC needs to step up. I'm not calling for his head, but there is a good amount of talent on this team, and you have to put that responsibility on the coach.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We are in complete disarray. I did not think Chauncey was this important. There is no way we could of went from a contender to a .500 team with this trade. Absolutely no way. Chauncey is good, but he is not THAT good to the point where he can make this team go from top to bottom. Allen Iverson is playing poorly, but he is not that bad of a player that he is showing. This guy is a sure hall of famer.

What I am trying to say is that Chauncey could not make this big of a difference. This team was built on many cornerstones, not just 1. Even though Dice has been gone as well he could not be this big of a difference either. I don't know what it is, but this team needs to start playing better soon. I would hate to see this team be low playoff team. We are too good for that.
  20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Its all messed up. When you make a coaching change after three years, you are saying that something is wrong. When you change your point guard for another combo guard, you are saying that floor leadership was not a problem and that the replacement (AI) will do the job. Joe took a gamble and right now it is not working. I do think there is internal craziness going on, but the pistons beat writers are not great journalists, so we will never know.