At NY Knicks April 8th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

raxrets, so what do you think I am biased about. Do you believe Herrmann has enough speed and quickness to be an NBA player. And at what position?

If you don't disagree with me about Herrmann, then what are you talking about. Me wanting to keep Dyess' minutes down?

If thats it, are you trying to tell me you did not notice the dropoff in his play after playing major minutes as a starter?

Do you disagree that many, many teams have exploited us in the middle when we have went to pairing Sheed / Dyess, or Kwame / Sheed, or Dyess / Kwame?

Again, please do tell what you think I am biased about.

Having strong opinions, based on watching all the games and studying a lot of film just could be ok. And not biased at all. Indeed, I double check all my observations as I study the film. I never assume I got anything right, until I study the film.

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Wow ! I forgot about the Fabio Factor !
    Huge win.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Walt has been on fire recently. He's the primary reason for our surge. It's shocking that he hasn't been a regular part of the rotation all year. He's always had the physical gifts and the work ethic and it is finally all coming together.

Walt is 2nd on the team in +/- per minute played this year.

#1- Gonnagetmine: +.092/ min
    #2- Fabulous: +.067
    #3- AJDNPCD: +.064

4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

battle of the century warming up....

in this corner TaShawn with his stats telling us how Fab has been a positive to the team this year....

and in the other corner we have Lee with his hours and hours of rewatching the tape to tell us how Fab isn't just a negative to the team but shouldn't even be getting a paycheck to play ball in the NBA.

grab the popcorn.... it could be epic

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Any player that comes out hot needs to be worked. No biases.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think the Walter debate will be solved in the playoff (unfortunately) :movingon:

Personally, i just want Curry to PLAY AMIR if you guys haven't noticed by now LOL

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have to disagree with Lee. I agree with TaS. My own observation is that Walt has been a net + rather than a net -. He brings a lot of intangibles that are in rare supply.

Namely, three point shooting. Big hands. The ability to play SF+PF. Ball handling. Hustle. Court sense. Great hair.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The real question we need to be asking, is whether or not Walt has enough hair to get us back to the ECF.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Unless his hair is going to blind the opposing team on offense with it's shininess, i lean towards no.

edited to add; in all honesty if we beat BOS, we play ORL in the 2nd, the ECF is entirely possible and then we could lose to the Cavs there instead of the first round! LOL j/k sorta

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I notice that Sheed has been getting a little shaggy lately.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who would win in 3 on 3?

Will Bynum + Herrmann + Amir

or

Stuckey + Prince + Maxiell

No refs, call your own, make it take it, half court, 2's and 1's.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed did pick Herrmann when asked the question, "which Pistons (other than yourself) would you want to be for one day." He said something about wanting to know what it's like being a rock star.

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I tend to side with Fab being more positive then negative... I agree with Lee that he plays terrible defense, but he doesn't play 40 mins a game so I don't see it being the problem that a starter that plays bad defense is. He also hustles nonstop and that rubs off on folks.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I can only do half the problem
    Will/Stuck=~null
    Amir/Maxi=~null
    Hair/Stick= adv Stick [let's be for real here]

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Walt has a place on this team. I'm not convinced that it's as the primary backup SF, - but he DOES have a place.

Out of all of the scrubs that have been brought in over the last 5 years to play this roll, Walt is as good as any and prolly better than most. He's hair and shoulders above Arvis Hayes.

16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think one time he said that I don the persona of a nice guy, but deep down inside I'm a sick sick man. So yes, he's right on the money.

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Rip on the Knicks game;

Pistons cruise against Knicks | detnews.com | The Detroit News

:pound:

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Game 7 of Eastern Playoff 2nd round series, Cleveland. Series tied 3-3. 7 seconds left in the game. Cleveland leads by 2. It's Detroit ball. MC calls timeout.

During this hour of dire need, one searches for a hero. It has come to this. This fine group of brave spirits that huddle around their coach are painfully aware of the tremendous, yet brief, task that lies ahead. Together, they have survived a tumultuous season. They lived through the frustration of underachievement, shared joyous glimpses of their true potential, and somehow found the courage and spirit to carry on for that elusive goal. Yet, it has come to this. One posession. One chance. One hero.

The false comfort of the timeout ends with a punishing sound. The five men walk on the court, feeling the weight of the hopes and expectations of millions. Not as a burden, but as a source of strength; for they have Golden One on their side. Their heads are held high and they look straight into the eyes of their competition. They look straight into their eyes and send a fierce message. No words are spoken but the message deafeningly echoes in the minds of all Cavaliers: "WE ARE NOT DONE YET!".

With the referee's whistle piercing the tension in the air, as thick as petroleum jelly, the moment of reckoning arrives. The ball starts to move. The seconds start ticking down. SEVEN. Hamilton starts dribbling. SIX. Hamilton fakes a drive and pulls back. FIVE. He now starts driving to his right. FOUR. Double team forces him to stop. THREE. He passes the ball to the Golden One. TWO. The Golden One launches the three pointer and time stops. The ball arches high. The air thins with twenty thousand souls collectively holding their breath. Twenty thousand souls trying to will the ball away in a futile effort. The ball starts descending towards its destiny. Swish. Twenty thousand souls scream their pain in unison, yet nobody hears a sound. All the King ever saw was a wisp of golden hair.

Yep, he's got enough hair.

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Jeez Walter, that sounds like a Hollywood script. Fabio might be on the brink of international stardom.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What about the guy who normally showers in the "other one"?