At NO/Okla City January 4th, 8:00PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 1, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Username don't lie!

:stirthepot:
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I hope we have been saving Dale Davis for the Bulls game... because if he has been sitting because Flip doesn't think he helps us, then I give up.

Rip and Tay led the way tonight. Besides the nice consistent play of JMax and Delfino off the bench, how about Dice? He looked like his 2005-2006 self tonight. He's playing a lot like Chris Webber with that FT line extended shot falling.

Oh, and just a continuing observation, Blalock doesn't have what it takes to play in the NBA at this point in time. Sorry to rain on the parade after a win, but what good is an undersized NBA player who can't score? If he can't shoot, then he should drive and finish. I'm guessing he can't do that either. The other team is still biting on his fakes and his drives, probably because they don't know him, but soon they will just play for him to pass every time. The 1 shot he made looked like an accident. The fast break was embarrassing when he got volleyball spiked. Acker would be a huge upgrade for this position.

I can't wait to get to the UNITED Center on Sat for some crazy Ben Wallace revenge action. Will JMax take the baton?
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Good job, the Pistons didn't look forward to the meeting at Chicago and took care of buisness. I didn't see the game, but after looking at the boxscore did the starters need to play that much?
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Bench core gettin' it done...

Delfino: 15 minutes, 13 points (3-8 FG, 6-6 FT), 5 boards, 2 steals
    Maxiell: 21 minutes, 12 points (4-5 FG, 4-6 FT), 4 boards, 2 steals, 1 block
    McDyess: 23 minutes, 10 points (5-7 FG, 0-0 FT), 6 boards, 2 steals

Total: 59 minutes, 35 points (60% FG), 15 boards, 6 steals, 1 block

And the Pistons gave up a Combined 26 points in the 2nd and 4th quarters (when the bench is featured).

In a perfect world I see Max, Dice, and Delfino all getting 20-25 mpg off the bench every night with Murray, Hunter, and Blalock splitting the time behind Chauncey and the scraps behind Rip/Delfino at SG. And I don't see how Maxiell doesn't get more run for him. You put the ball in his hands and he produces. Flat out. That play where he faced-up and blew by his man off-the-dribble for the layup in traffic was one of his most impressive to date. Combine that with the dunks, jumpers, and ability to draw fouls.... And he's even passing on occassion now as well! He's easily the most exciting player we've had in a long time.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't mind Delfie getting 15 minutes a game...he's playing every game and its quality minutes. I think they should try him out at the 2 more.
    We need more defensive presence. Rip is kicking booty out there but its a one man show. with better defense (dale davis!) we could get into the open court more where tay and rip and delfino seem to do well.
    I love that Will Blalock comment. They guy needs to be in the D-league. He could be our backup PG of the future but he really isn't even the backup PG of the present. He's gotta improve his scoring...but that won't come until next year at the earliest.
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I was really surprised that Dale Davis did not get to play a single minute in this game. I'm just wondering the amount of minutes he played per game since the emergence of the 'Goon Squad' or ever since Sheed came back from the injury. Unbelievable! I hope he gets to play more minutes if Nazr struggles to score against the Bulls.

Anyone agree with me that Amir Johnson looks a lot like the 'Predator' (AVP, Arnold's enemies)???
  7. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Thats too funny
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Trade fodder...plus he plays PG with C.B. out... I'm giving 2 to 1 odds that Flip junior is gone by the deadline (as long as we can count on a backup PG.

Blalock is thinking too much... he needs to just go out and break some ankles and find the open man.... if the shots there...bonus.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Yeah Amir reminds me of the predator...and most games its like he;s got that invisible thing on.

What's wrong with Dale??
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The original Mr. Big shot, Robert Horry...
    Almost let this go but then I wouldn't be doing my job (being a P.I.T.A):MusicBigGrin:

Delfino is starting to look more confident... like he knows he belongs and knows his role now... he's been impressive lately... that boy has got superior rebounding instincts.
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I know Merc...I hate when people get the ORIGINAL guy's nickname, like "Doctor" or "Air ......." or Mr Big Shot(even though I like Big Shot Rob) ot even 'LT". Huh, There is only one 'LT'!!!!....LIV TYLER!...#$@T!!!!
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So we're showcasing Flip Murray?

Okay, I can buy that.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not so fast. You call him undersized, yet he defends his position well. Acker is much taller, but has no footwork for defense. Blalock can play in the NBA, because he can guard his position. So far, Acker can't.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

per mlive.com, Dale Davis has the flu.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Blalock can score. But he needs a lot of floor time to get comfortable enough about when he takes shots, and which shots he takes. Never judge someone too quickly when they are playing limited minutes on their shot.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Acker only has 35 minutes of NBA court time.

Here is what Flip Saunders has to say about him:
    24sec.net - Basketball News - Acker to Pistons again?

You think Blalock would be tearing it up in Europe like that?

Here is how Acker ranks out of 200 players in the Euro league:

Points- 16.3/ 6th
    Rebs- 7.2/ 10th
    Ast- 2.9/ 23rd
    Stl- 2.4/ 7th
    Blk- 0.5/ 54th

He is averaging 34 min per game.

The best comparison on the Pistons is Tay
    Points- 15.2
    Rebs- 6.0
    ast- 2.8
    Stl- 0.4
    Blk- 0.7

When you look at Acker's steals, blocks, and rebounds, I don't see how you can say that he doesn't defend.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Acker defends SG much better than PG's... If he's brought in as a combo guard he should play mostly at SG where he has no problem taking his man off the dribble and defending his position... however he's at least as good as Jr. at PG (not saying much).... he is fast by Euro standards.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i can't believe people are complaining about a game where our bench (including flip murray) scored 46 points, the same as our 4 regular starters, the bench got quality minutes and 3 were in double figures, and we held new orleans to 68 points thanks largely to the bench.
  19. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

Excellent point. All that we need out of Blalock right now is defend your position and don't make the offense disappear when you come into the game. The bench play has been much improved since Blalock became back up point.

I was watching the game on TNT. As soon as Amir got into the game TNT cut away to Dallas-Indiana. My first thought was, damn, I hope Lee has league pass.
  20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Game wasn't on league pass.