1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At NO/Okla City January 4th, 8:00PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Kenny Smith thinks that Rick Carlisle only micromanages the game because he doesn't trust his point guard.

:pound:

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THE DIRTY LOW DOWN..........

TONIGHT: CARLOS DELFINO

All I know is Flip Saunders is an idiot. The key play was when in the 4th qtr and the Pistons in relative control, Rip drives to the hole and falls in a heap. AHHHH! Take him out? NOOOO! Next play, Rip tears down the court and smashes into the lane, an obvious offensive foul. Oh, 5 fouls on Rip. I guess I better get rip outtta there. Delfino? FINALLY!!!! pISTONS IMMEDIATELY GO ON a 16-3 run to end the game. But why didnt he play up to that point? Because our head coach is a starters-butt-kissing idiot!

3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

To be fair, Delfino was 1 for 5 at that point.

Barkley's on.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Only saw the 2nd half.
    -Sheed needs to SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT, it's a travesty watching his effort on the court, don't know if it was the big lead or what but man he's sucking big time.
    -Max brought the energy that Sheed didn't.
    -Dyess was decent.
    -FLIP JR SUCKS.
    -Tay is an enigma in so may ways it ain't even funny, sometimes it seems as if his game is regressing.
    -Will made rookie mistakes and has no clue what so ever of how to make the little round bouncy thing go into the halo looking thing attached to that big window
    -Rip was ballin but was off in the 2nd half
    -Delfino deserves better, funny how consistent play hasn't been rewarded with consistent mins. I believe he may be our best defender on the wing, because Tay's lateral movement on D is almost painful to watch sometimes......funny how Big Ben made guys into All-NBA defenders, ah well they say real stars make their teammates better, I gues that works defensively too.

All in all I'll take the blow out win in a game we are supposed to win as opposed to a loss.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One of the few games this season where the Pistons took over midway through the 1st quarter and won going away. Except for some anxious moments in third quarter it was no contest . Th Pistons came out flat and lazy in the third and allowed the Hornets to trim the 26 point halftime lead down to 14, before bringing the bench back in and restoring order.

The bench contributed 39 points with Dice and JMax hitting 9-12 shots and Delfino doing his thing. Tay had the only Piston double double and Sheed had a quiet 10 rebounds.

We saw Dupree get some minutes and we know AJ got in, but missed most of his 3+ minutes due to TNT Bonus coverage. Hopefully this play carries over to Saturday vs Ben X 2

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't know how many times this needs to be said........you don't measure Carlos on his shooting numbers. Watch him for defense, ball handling and rebounding , any points is pure gravy. Also to be fair, it's extremely difficult to find a shooting rhythm when you only get 1.5 shots per game for a stretch of about 15 games.

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i hate TNT. So so self serving. And the reason they kiss the NBA's rear is cause...what else they got?

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

N.O. is not a good team. Not even well below average. With so many players injured, they were just not competition. Rip Hamilton almost got 30, and that was about enough, but not quite.

Despite how bad N.O. was tonight, the Pistons were worse in the 3rd quarter, letting N.O. back in the game. Murray was back to his true self, calling his own number and chucking up bad shots. Mohammed got his first rebound of the game 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter. And first points as he put back the offensive rebound. Let me rephrase that. No defensive rebounds for our starting center. Pretty darn bad. And the jump at center to start the game? Mohammed was about a foot short on the jump.

In contrast, a couple of players who could start ahead of Mohammed did fine in this game. Maxiell brought a ton of energy and lots of points. Dyess was on with his outside shot. One other guy who could take Mohammed's minutes, Amir Johnson, at least got to play a few minutes in this one. Rusty of course, but everyone keep up the hope. I believe that before long Amir will be in the rotation and us fans are going to love it.

Delfino gave us some scoring, and a definite energy boost when he came in midway thru the 4th quarter. A game which we could not seem to close out was history a minute of so after Delfino entered the game.

Sheed did not do so great. No appearance in the 4th quarter. I do feel for the guy having to play along side Mohammed. Sheed does bust his behind to cover for Mohammed. I appreciate all that hustle, but question why Flip Saunders makes him suffer like that. Get Mohammed out of the rotation. Do not muck up the bench by shifting him to a bench player.

Blalock did so so. Lots of energy from him. Better D with him in the game. He made a mistake there mid-4th quarter, but I will always take mistakes where the point guard is trying to get the ball inside.

Tay continues to take and make outside shots. He hit his first 2 triple tries and made several shorter jumpers later. Not a ton of taking the ball inside for him. I believe what he is doing is trying to establish that outside shot to the extent the other team has to play him for it. Then he will drive in more.

Dupree got into the game, nothing much to say there, except yes, I would even take Dupree in our starting unit over Mohammed. At least he would add some speed. He did get out in front on one fast break.

Maxiell hit a fade-a-way, drove the middle from the left for a score, made several free throws, and started off his scoring with a couple of dunks.

Murray did give us some scoring in the first half, and he was in the game, coming in with Delfino, when we finished them off in the 4th quarter. GO PISTONS!!!!!

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pretty darn good quick summary. Thanks for writing it.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

....and does anybody want me to drum up the SHEED FOR GARNETT rant again?......

11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Slippy-cap

It was The Rip Hamilton show early on with the masked man making it look easy from all over the court. More importantly, he corraled a number of rebounds to keep NOK from crashing our party.

Tayshaun was the other guy getting it done cleaning the defensive glass.
    Sheed, naz and flip? I guess you need 5 guys out there even if they don't do anything. Sometimes you go to work and play solitaire for the first hour, write some emails, check you fantasy stats, google your name, google your girlfriend, google your ex, take a long lunch and call it a day...that was sheed. he is still a great post defender but geez.

The Pistons flat out overmatched the hornets in the first half and the depleted NOK team could not sustain an effective attack while the pistons did their methodical steamroller thing.

Dup got in in the first half. Maxiell had a pair of thunder jams with one coming off a steal. I thought he was a guard with that speed.
    Delfino was like 1-5.

The third quarter was an utter travesty. When San Antone came to NOK they were up 20 something and tony parker did something Pop didn't like...so pop chewed him out. The Spurs never let up. We go 14-23....with our A team. I wish we had someone that got on you when you got complacent no matter what the score. NOK attacked the basket hard and sliced us up. But as usual couldn't sustain it

Nothing really interesting to say about the third. MAxiell scored the first 7 in the 4th. Dyess had some nice jumpers and attacked the offensive glass.

Amir got in the last 4 minutes where TNT cut to a more boring Dallas game.
    by the end the hornets couldn't score and blew a pair of alley oops.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point, anybody who can give us 15/10 with post up moves for Sheed.

13. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I don't disagree. But we know that Flip Saunders loves shooting, and a player taking five shots and missing all but one gives him a decent justification for yanking him.

At least, that's my optimistic take. It's possible it was just an arbitrary yanking.

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Hey, what about checking PF.com a few times while you're at it? :laugh:

15. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Come on Pistons...
    Optimal answer after the 3 defeat now...victories in row .also tonight park bench much good even if little reliable test

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The thing about the Spurs is, they don't have any guys who scream "Ball Don't Lie" and they don't have any guys with nicknames like Mr. Big Shot.

Pop reams everyone equally except maybe Tim who is pretty sensitive. But guys like Parker and Ginobili respond to what Pop tells them because more times than not, he's right.

We had a coach like this. His name was Larry Brown. Unfortunately he brought a lot of emotional baggage. It would be nice to find a young Greg Popovich because I am convinced that no one takes Flip seriously, most importantly, his starters.

17. roscoe36

Great job nene!

18. roscoe36

Nazr Mohammed either looks great for about 5~7 minutes a game, or he looks like he doesn't belong in this league.

We'll be hard pressed to beat the Bulls.

19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Its official. Flip Saunders is a lousy coach. I know its already been covered here, but how the heck does Tay get 39 minutes and Rip 34 (would have been more had he not picked up his 5th foul) in a game that was a blowout from the 1st Q?!?!?!

Didn't he learn from last season? Didn't he learn from CB's injury? Rip had a couple of close calls near the end, long after he should have been done for the night.

Nazr looks slower than Mr. Davidson out there.

Its nice to see Dice finally coming around.

J-Max has officially arrived. He's the Junkyard Dog with game. There is no reason why he should see another DNP this season. Heck, there's no reason why he should see less than 10 minutes a game. The guy attacks the basket from ANYWHERE on the court. Its insane. I don't even care if he makes his shots (ok, yes I do, I'm just being dramatic) because he draws a lot of valuable fouls, brings an inside game and adds crazy energy.

Its nice to see Carlos starting to fit in. I like Delfino. Flip clearly doesn't.

Blalock looked like the 60th pick in the draft out there. But I don't care. I'm just glad he's getting some PT. There is no reason why we can't afford to give him some minutes (especially right now with CB out) and still win.

I don't mind Flip Jr in limited minutes to provide scoring off the bench. I mind him in 34 minutes though.

Has anyone seen Sheed? On the bright side, at least he only had 1 3pt attempt.

20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound: :rofl: