At NJ Nets April 1st, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 31, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't forget Lee's buddy Michael Curry. ;) :laugh:
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

He forgot the side court.
  3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The approach Curry should have taken, is with a big pre-game conference (and taped for his team upon that day's arrival), to the NY writers:

"There has been an awful lot of talk about good and evil in repect toward it's influence on team leadership levels.

The Nets has its only savior in Vince Carter and he has those glowing robes.

There has been trash talk toward our side on AI's reluctance on walking the burning coals.

This is all nonsense.

Tonight, AI will start and play the entire 48 mintues. I am sure those glowing robes will do likewise.

May the best team win."

That is how you sell basketball, your team, individual challenges and your organization!
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Great recap Lee.

I just watched the game. I think those highlighted parts sum it up perfectly.

No AA on Harris. No AI/AA this game.

And KB in for his post defense on Josh Boone, Brook Lopez ?

Is this season almost over yet? :nopompom:
  5. max

max All-Star

Great point. We only have to add about 8 or 9 pieces over the summer and that should do it. Plus find a new coach.
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

tell to mrs Davidson to sell this team and buy a new one. Less of "micromanagement."
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Games like this last year we always won. The team's offensive output was plenty to win.
  8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wow, I look at the game box score and found that we lost to a team with only 2 names whom I knew, time flies. LB is going to playoff, NBA is going to have a Hollywood scenario writen by Pistons for MJ, the basketball god.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so your ok with the coach? and the trainers seem to be slipping too... i mean look at all the injuries this year,,,,,,,
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I looked at Coach MC after the game and his body language was as bad as I have seen it...the slumped shoulders, the downcast eyes, the shuffling steps.

From what I've read about body language, those are all pretty negative signs.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Arnie is not wasting his good creams this season. He's sandbagging to show management how valuable he really is.
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think Rip's the only Piston worth keeping at this point.
    He's tired.
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

You forgot the coach. That leaves us with, umm.... yes, the Palace. Palace good. So we've got a good base to start with. All we need is a basketball team and coaching staff.
  14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If you remember, early in the season, Curry looked just fine. It got pretty tough on him though after the preseason and the first few regular season games.

This is when it became obvious to everyone that Joe was determined to put him out there as the head coach 48 minutes a night. What you're seeing now..... that's just tired legs. For a while Curry tried to fix this by sitting down more often, but that just made the blood pool in his lower extremities.

Joe should have seen this coming and switched him out with Dave Cowens predominantly, with Walker getting in there sporadically depending on the situation. This way we're rotating between guard and big man at the head coach spot, and not making the mistake of running two backcourt coaches. The other teams would surely eat us up for a bush-league move like that.

Pat Sullivan? He's not even an NBA coach. I've broken down what he does on the bench, and it seems that all he does is move his head back and forth and yell once in a while, that's it. He tries to make up for his coaching inadequacies by rushing to timeout huddles before everyone else. I'm not fooled by that. Go back to Argentina, Pat Sullivan!

Don't get me wrong, Curry is a fine coach. Joe's just using him wrong. Next year's GM needs to switch Curry and Cowens and then spend the season with a heavy rotation of both while inserting Walker at intervals regular enough to keep him playoff ready. It should have been obvious to anybody that Cowens should have been getting out there more as the head coach. Instead, ESPN has to slap us in the face today with a reminder of just how great of a basketball product Cowens is. LeBron is just the fourth player to lead his team in PTS, REBS, AST, BLKS, STLS, the other three were Garnett, Pippen, and Cowens.

Who knew this? I knew this. Joe shoulda known this.

Time to fire Joe. He ruined everything this year with his idiotic coaching rotations.
  15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm thinking with the general tone of this thread that it's probably all right if I don't watch the second half of last night's game. It wasn't in HD anyway.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yup, b/c the defense was good enough. We started to look alot better before the injuries to Sheed/Rip.

Now w/ Curry going nuts w/ the line-up again, we're back to where we started.
  17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Kobe Bryant/Lebron James get scouted thoroughly.
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I guess I missed the memo that bynum was one of the best players in the world.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I agree 100%. What other team uses one head coach? Good post.
  20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

flawless really, but i still can't resist adding: if Joe had gotten the coaching rotations right, we could and would be 77-0 right now.