At NewYork March 7 7:30PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by max, Mar 6, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

At NewYork March 7 7:30PM

tv: tv20, NBA LP
    with local re-broadcasts on tv20 at 12am and 3am.

Records:
    Detroit - 44-17, 21-12 on the road
    Knicks - 18-43, 12-19 at home.

Injuries:
    Detroit: none
    Knicks: Zach Randolph - day to day. He was supposed to return on Wed aganist the Cavs.

ESPN writeup
    ESPN - Detroit vs. New York - Preview - March 07, 2008

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They better play hard or Zeke's roughyins will use this as their playoff game.
    105--92 Pistons
    7.9 DR
    Coming off a tuff loss to the Celts.

3. max

max All-Star

They will, thats for sure. Even though the Cavs are the reigning champs in the East everyone seems to always save their best for our team.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Me again. Sometimes, (more than not in our times) cultural reproduction shapes the broader dynamics of market-oriented institutions.

The lunch-pail crowd does not do well in higher probabilities of creative practices.

This is why Miami is not the West and Cleveland is not NY (MSG). Get my drift?

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Knicks blowout of the Pistons on 1/13 was because our guys were supposedly tired from an unexpected rough night in Charlotte the night before and our offense took the Knicks for granted and half heartedly tossed in 65 points.

Only Dice and Billups showed up that night with Amir dropping in 8 points to offset the dismal shooting by everyone else....that includes a 1-7 and 0-10 shooting performance by Tay and Rip and a combined 5-27 for the rest of the bench in extended garbage time.

The Knicks fans appreciated the victory, but they hope that the real Pistons show up this time and don't lay down to trying to save former favorite son's Zeke's job. :)

6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If Sheed really has a bad ankle after the game at Boston, he should rest for this game. It's time to give Amir or Max a chance to start the game. And this is also a game where we see how Theo can help us.

Sit Sheed for this game.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

A good idea. I hope that our rookies aren't down after their abysmal part in boston and they take boston game as a learning exp.

8. LA Dre

Be bold Flip, just start Theo is Sheed's place and see what he has left in the tank...so what if he doesn't know our plays...after all there are supposedly no plays ran for Amir either. If Theo is just here for insurance purposes, you might as well just bring in Samb

9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

According to Flip, Sheed breaks-off from all of the plays anyway so the offense prolly wouldn't miss a beat.

10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Flip said that?

Link please...........

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

12. LA Dre

Joe got my text message and had Flip start Theo. ...he got the first Pistons points on a dunk, played 6 min and was then replaced by AJ

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Halftime;

I'm sorry but it's comical at this point. Dixon's "defense" was responsible for that run (the Knicks that is). 3 straight bad defensive possessions that put a teammate in an awkward position. Alot of energy and no result. It's no wonder Flip likes him.

Afflalo hasn't gotten off the bench, and i'm curious to see how much time he does get now that Rip had an emotional breakdown.

I give up. Flip will never "get" it.

Joe needs to give him just 10 players and that's it. If you give him a choice, he'll always make the worn gone.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    The culture of the Knicks = lunch pail = blue collar.
    Miami is more sophisticated than West teams ?
    No Cleve is not MSG ?????
    I must be a lunch pail kind of guy...

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

At the least, soup and sandwich. :MusicBigGrin:

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Typical Pistons game of late.

The 4th quarter execution sucked. When it hit 9 i was thinking it will be 2 by a min left into the game. Sure enough 6-0 run. These last whaterver-0 runs are extrememly troubling as well as our inability to create anything resembling offense on the other end.

Flip's sub patterns continue to puzzle.

Amir should've played more. Dixon minus a few made shots was awful. Afflalo was solid though if he can't even get major PT when Rip is ejected it looks bleak. He showed he should play over Dixon even in that short stint.

Something is wrong with Dyess or he is just bad.

The only bright spot in this game was Theo.

edited to add; Stuckey was another bright spot who deserved more PT.

17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I guess you missed Stuckey having an excellent game, plus some solid scoring for JMax, aside from too many bricked FTs. Tay did a great job filling in for the missing production of the injured Sheed and the ejected Rip, with 28 pts total and a huge clutch basket in the last 10 seconds. The bench scored 46 points total!

18. LA Dre

Another tough game as a lower tier team gets up for the Pistons. Sheed is out resting his ankle and Rip decides to make it interesting by shooting off his mouth and getting sent to the showers early. We should have traded him to the Knicks for Crawford and Lee:stirthepot:

The Zoo crew made up for their "in awe" performance in beantown the other night by scoring 46 points with Stuckey having one of his best shooting games (6-9). Max was a +8, Johnson had 3 blocks and Dixon dished out 4 assists. Theo started for the injured sheed and had 2 dunks and two blocks and some intimidations.

Dice continues play like this is game 82 and Tay was once again our hero scoring 28 points and an impressive 9-9 from the line.

For the second time this week the Pistons score 50 points in the paint (20 above their average) and shoot exactly 50% from the floor. You can attribute that to only 8 three ball attempts as the zoo crew relies more on the high % shots than the starters...with No sheed in there our 3 ball attempts were down.

Pistons are now 27-1 when they score 100+ and have clinched a playoff spot.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good game. Amazing what a difference playing the bench can make. Last time we played the Knicks, we got slaughtered. I laughed when the announcers were talking about missing Sheed and Rip. Gee, like what good did they do the last time we faced the Knicks. Not much. I was also amused as Kelser was saying how energetic the team was. At a moment when none of our starters were in the game.

Not to pick on you Oracle, but hey, I am going to pick on you in fun. Still think Stuckey is a situational player for the playoffs? Nope. This is one rookie who can play the game. First, his D is solid. Second, the way he shot tonight, you better expect just one thing - it will get better even yet. And Stuckey finds open players well and passes well. Pull up jumpers, getting to the basket some.

Dixon started the 2nd half after Rip was tossed for two techs arguing the same play. He did little in that 2nd half besides give up points to the other team. Although I think he did hit a triple in the 2nd half so he did something. His first half was better, with him making several alert plays. But nothing Afflalo can't do, and Afflalo plays so much better D its just not funny. We barely won this game. Without the 6 minutes of decent perimeter D by Afflalo there to start the 4th, this probably would have been another loss.

Amir had some nice moments. A few blocks in the first quarter after he was the first big off the bench. A couple of baskets on cut ins. A couple of free throws. I do wish both he and Maxiell would start hitting more free throws when they get the chance.

Maxiell made double figures in scoring. A couple of outside shots made, some dunks, a free throw or two. He did a decent job guarding Curry for a spell also.

Billups? Did he play in this one? Kind of overshadowed by the play of Stuckey in my opinion. Rip added a lot of energy when he was in, hitting some shots and making their defense really work hard to keep up with him. Them grabbing him to slow him down is what got him tossed when he complained.

Tay was the scoring hero. 28 points. He worked outside and in. Good solid job of scoring.

Hayes hit an outside shot. More importantly, he played a lot and did not muck it up too bad on D so that Tay could catch some rest.

Welcome back Theo. He played fine D on Curry for the most part, blocked a shot, and scored some on cuts into the basket. He airballed his lone outside shot. As I guessed, he did not play that much even though he started, coming out early, like at the 6 minute mark, in each half and then getting another stint later in each half.

Dyess gave us a worthless outside shot or two. Not even thinking it might help to go inside and draw fouls. He did have one of the keys to us winning though. He played less than usual. (And this is truly a good sign, considering Sheed was not playing? No, Dyess was just in foul trouble. I am sure Saunders would have messed this up if he could have.)

In all a good game. Another win. Clinched a playoff spot. Our youngsters all played, though Afflalo did not play enough and did not shoot enough. (He needs more in game practice.) A new player was added to the rotation, one who can help. (Theo). Even though I don't like seeing Dixon getting Afflalo's minutes, I still like the added depth he brings us, and that he played minutes tonight is not a bad thing.

In my opinion, our active roster should consist of the following 12 guys when the playoffs get here:

Billups, Stuckey.

Rip, Afflalo

Tay, Amir

Sheed, JMAX

Theo, Dyess

Dixon and Samb as the last two guys dressed.

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I mentioned Stuckey.