At NewYork Jan 13 7PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by max, Jan 13, 2008.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Our bench outscored their bench in the 4th quarter by almost 40%.

:hoops:
  2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

i'm glad i chose football over this.

the pistons apparently didn't care too much, so why should we care as fans to watch them?

they won't generate any fan interest with performances like this. i'll never be a Flip supporter.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well, now you all know what it's like to be a knicks fan!

i don't see what people are complaining about - all 12 players played at least 12 minutes each! isn't that what everyone's been asking for????

:)

this isn't a game to analyze folks, it's a game to forget. this loss had nothing to do with flip's coaching, nothing to do with how good our team is compared to the knicks, and nothing to do with plays that were called. we just flat out sucked and got our @$$ kicked. let's leave it at that.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I suggest not letting the inmates run the prison. Time for Joe to tell the players to cut the crap. Deal with Flip when the season ends, if the team collapses in the playoffs. I'd rather see the malcontents traded.
  5. max

max All-Star

Stucky 1-5, Afflalo 1-6, herman 1-6, Maxiel 1-3.
    Only bright spot was Amir.

I agree. Especially given the context. But you had to know it was comming.

At least Flip had the guts to leave the bench in right?
  6. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Very good. As soon as flip started to coach him, he has regressed.
  7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just starting this off by saying I am an avid dallas cowboy fan and piston fan. How would you like to be me?

Mike Breen on the nyk network had the best line. They were interviewing zach randolph after the game. The reporter asked zach "what does this say about your team"? Zach replied "we are a great team, we just have to play hard and share the ball". To which breen said "obviously zach is delirious".

It is the best listening to walt frazier and mike breen. After the cowboys lost, frazier said that romo will be crucified and that you can have all the woman you want, but you better win the game.

Before the full practice, stuckey was playing on instinct and talent. Now that flip has introduced the infamous playbook, now he looks tentative and a little like billups without the outside shot. This is the real reason flip should be fired. You do not want another billups, you want contrast, you want a slasher, something different. Flip needs to stop playing him at two guard also. Let him learn one position.

Wish me luck at work tomorrow. It will be brutal.
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Good Luck!!! :gun1:
  9. buddahfan

Our bench outscored their bench by 40% in the 4th quarter.

Go check the boxscore.

The bench consisted of 7 players tonight, not just the ones that played primarily in the first three quarters.

10. max

max All-Star

Still by you logic it would be 41 total points scored with a differential of 5 for 5/41 or 12% more. Factor in Amirs 3-pt play at the end and the fact that NY did not shoot on their last posetion and its pretty much even. I don't what can be made of garbage time anyway besides the fact that Amir got to play. I think its a natural tendancy to not want to run the score up too much. Besides our bench still got killed when it mattered before that.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

So So So true. Stuckey is thinking way to hard out there. Why wont Flip let the kid just play the drive and kick game. Put AJ on a high screen and roll and when the defense adjusts to AJ hit Max on the low post, swing the ball weakside to Hayes or AA, it ain't that deep.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had this great idea last night that I would chart each possession based on how many seconds there were on the shot clock when the Pistons got the ball across half court. Unforunately they didn't make enough shots to measure anything.

Stuckey does get the ball up faster than CB, by nearly two seconds, especially after CB has been on the floor for more than eight minutes. At least this game.

I'm already well on my way to forgetting this stinker.
  13. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

cats with their usual overreaction. The Knicks/Hawks/Sonics/Wolves will beat good teams 4 times a year. Could be anyone. Just happened to be us this time. Although I would like a change, it isn't based on one darn game.

I find the team to be too settled in--always believing they can get out of any situation and not trying terribly hard because they're so 'cool' - so in that regard, I've wanted a change for some time now. But we might win the east by default because Boston's the only good team to play.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I would LOVE to see Stuck, and Amir in the high screen and roll.

AA has shown a knack of being a great penetrator as well. Hopefully, Flip doesn't jump shot him to death. I've already noticed Stuckey taking more.
  15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Stuckey and J-Max ran pick-and-roll very well in the first games after Stuckey came back from injury with a pretty high success rate. J-Max either dunked or went to the line. Where did that whole thing go? Flip seems to hate pick-and-roll chosing to do pick-and-pop instead. Jump shots all the way, baby. :yellowprison:
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

When I played, I specialized in the wide open 3 point shot, the free throw and the post entry bounce pass. I was also good at running backwards.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

One would have to be when you only shoot .1000 from beyond the arc....BRICK CITY BABY!!!!!
  18. buddahfan

I love watching AJ with Stuckey and AA on a fast break.

AJ blocks the shot. Stuckey grabs the lose ball throws it up court to AA who throws a allyoop to AJ for a throw down.

Now that is exciting.

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Maybe this is better than a win because of Amir's good game.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Very interesting thoughts. And some dillusional ones. Here's the deal:

1. The pistons can only fire Flip if he loses the championship. True, we have a 29-10 record(which is pretty ludacris if you ask me), but the team development isn't there...or is it? I have to admit that we ALL can be some of the most selfish-spoiled fans in the NBA. We had LB gone 'during' the trophy presentation! Will there ever be ANY satisfaction? I hated the Knick loss as much as anyone (except Du4ev and Low), but as of tonight...I guess it WAS only one loss. But Flip aint goin nowhere, no time soon. The day of reckoning will come in only one way: if The Pistons end the season with a loss!

2. The rotation HAS to develop. BUT Brevic, Herrmann and Hayes will not be the answer. They play to dflip's gfailure to have a playbook that works to people's talents. His playbook only includes the starters strenghts and THAT"S why the bench cant run any plays for each other.
    I hope practice isnt being wasted on developing THE STARTERS who dont need a coach to run their offense. They been together 5 freekin years. Give this team some life. Start someone else NOT just because of injury, for heaven's sake.

3. Maybe Rodney stuckey is a younger Flip murray(yeah I said his name).
    He has truly regressed to the point where I see him doing exactly the same role #6 had. He's too eager to create his own shot and I 'know' he can pass the ball. It goes back to saunders.

4. And maybe this is all Joe D's fault. Where's his voice? Have the players tuned him out? Shouldnt they 'feared' the repercussions from a loss like that? If my kids did something to the equivalent of that effort, I would have(insert Flintstone's whistle here) !!! I need to here more from Joe, cuz right now , it's looking like we blew it on Nazr deal(again a sign of Flip's under-development).

5. Maybe BIG BEN saw the writing on the wall !?!