At NewJersey Nov 7 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And everyone else too. This is all I ever really wanted from the previous few coaches. Just play guys enough to know what they are capable of doing. If they consistently suck, then you know and nobody has to guess. This isn't the NFL where every game is important.

2. max

max All-Star

Its a new team for Kwame too right. I liked what I saw from AI. He has not slowed down very much at all. Its going to be a learning process. Thats why it would have been nice if a deal of this magnitude was done over the Summer but better late than never.

For some reason we never seem to do well in NJ. I have not looked it up but seems like we have a lot of losses over there.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Amamzing how people who didn't see the game have so many adamant opinions. This game was winnable, we could've/should've won, but Curry choose to find out what certain players can and can not do. I love how he's saying, NO BAILOUT, check your damn man. Also we got burned by them putting Sheed in P&R's with AI or Stuckey...tons of unfamiliarity, also SHeed is a half step slower on that play now.

4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I'm one of those who didn't watch grumble back in the states in a week.... but i think I agreed with you.... its not if you win or lose at this point but what did the team learn from the game that makes them better in the playoffs.

5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Its definitely strange, considering that for the past three years, we played to win the game (/herm edwards) every single night.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I just hope it's experimenting and if it is can Curry please "experiment" with Amir in the 4th quarter? That's something we should be seeing. He needs to be able to get a handle on playing in crunch time. He is after all our 2nd best defensive big, and could be alot more on offense.

I don't mind seeing KB thrown out there, but if you're rewarding people based on performance, then you play KB in the 1st half and Amir in the 2nd. Next time game KB has a good first stint, throw him out there in the 4th.

7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Can't compare both AI and CB first games in their uni. It's not fair.

If any of you wanna torch AI for Harris's 38 pts, well how about Kidd almost getting a triple double against CB. In addition, Kidd was shooting the lights out when everyone knows that Kidd can't shoot. Where's CB's D on Kidd? Did Kidd goes off like against the CB lead Stones?

I like CB too but the trade has been done and we move forward. I still like Rodman as a Piston, G Hill as a Piston, Ben as a Piston but I still like the DETROIT PISTONS more than them.

8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Damn GOOD post Jzchen. I watched some of the Denver game too and Kidd was firing CB up, I didn't see much D on Kidd at all. It seems that every trade that the Pistons make, people get so hung up and just can't seem to move on (separation anxiety). Then you get an awesome player like AI who has the hunger, an allstar who never won the big one, a little guy who plays as though he is 7 feet 300 pounds I too can't see what the problem is.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I could postulate....

You have alot of fans that are conflicted right now because they want to love Coach "NotFlip" (Curry) by default. Unfortunately, Coach isn't going to please everybody all of the time.

He isn't going to make Amir fans 100% happy until he gives Amir serious burn in and before crunch time.

He isn't going to make Afflalo fans happy until he plays him more than 6 minutes per game consistently.

He isn't going to make Herrmann haters and Dice haters happy until he ties them to the traintracks and runs away twirling his moustache.

He isn't going to make GT haters happy until he makes him cry ala Smush Parker and forces him into taking an immediate low cash buyout with promise of immediate retirement.

The only option until Monday was hating on a coach that is about as perfect as a coach can be so far for the sum of the fans on this board. MC could have read all of our posts and tried to please each and every one of us and I don't think he would have done a better job than he has done so far.

Obviously hating on MC is out for right now. The only thing left, and the most convenient thing left, is to " escapegoat " Allen Iverson. Until early last week, it was perfectly acceptable for Pistons fans to hate him all day long.

This reminds me of back in the day when Stackhouse was heralded as a "rugged defender" after being traded to Washington, while Rip "couldn't guard a pot of Earl Grey at a childs tea party".

If Rip were to be traded now he would most undoubtedly be a "tenacious defender".

I'm sure Allen will be tenacious as well once he spends some time on our defensive minded squad. Just like Chauncey has progressed from questionable in his Minny days to the "solid defender" he is today. :eyebrows:

10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

@Cloud

Grass is greener and poop is browner in the other side of fence.

Has always been.

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I thought the poop was browner inside the fence, while grass was greener outside?

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

ok, ok outside the fence poop smells better.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

From what i heard from DEN perspective, that was the game plan, to help off of Kidd and let him fire, but i get what you're saying.

Or maybe people just don't like the trade. It's not nearly as complicated as you make it out to be. I've had plenty to day about MC.

14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Of course it's complicated.

Complicated is the best way to explain why you felt Chauncey was a snake, but now that he's gone you "miss" him.

Complicated sums up your need for Curry to not only play your fav players, but play them during the times you want them to be played.

Why not let it be "complicated"? That word precludes us from really having to understand why we feel certain ways. They can just "be". :p

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Can you point me to the post where i talked at length about CB, the player, being a snake, how i wanted him gone, etc. ??
    -----------

You're so smart. That's what it is. I want Amir to play because he's my most favorite player ever!! It has nothing to do with him playing well, and being a really good-match up in a game that we were losing. Amir must be many people's "favorite" since tons of people pointed out this exact same thing after the game. But then again maybe some people need to hold on to the notion that Amir is a bust b/c they can't bear to be wrong.

I'm so glad you know exactly what i'm thinking; it will definitely save me time responding to your posts in the future.

16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

http://www.pistonsforum.com/detroit...sting-disturbing-info-billups.html#post153703

I'm not sure why you are getting so riled up here.

I didn't attempt to specifically target you. I am referring to a view shared by, as you said, plenty of people.

All I did was posit a theory that, to me, explains the current situation.

Never did I claim to be brilliant, "so smart", or have any sort of intimate knowledge of what you, specifically, are thinking.

Hopefully you won't continue to take that post so personally. It was most definitely meant to be general and far reaching in it's assessment.

17. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Wow I guess someone took it upon themselves to do a fact check while engaging in an argument. Very impressive I might have to add. LPGirl you may want to be a little more cognizant of what you type before you type it, lol. I think we all have to calm down a little and realize this is just a forum to engage individuals into a healthy discussion of Piston related topics. We all need to take it down a notch on here, there are greater tragedies in the world. Just ask "W".

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

O rly? The use of "you" personalizes the post, does it not?

19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Sure it does.

But lets keep this in proper perspective by realizing that the post that initiated lpgirls interaction with me was this one, addressed to ArmyGirl.
    http://www.pistonsforum.com/november-2008/9125-newjersey-nov-7-7-30pm-9.html#post166477

I didn't attack anybody in that post. I didn't say anyone feeling a certain way was wrong. And I'm still not saying it. But I still, however, think it's complicated.

Hopefully complicated doesn't mean bad.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator