At NewJersey Dec 26 7:30PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by max, Dec 24, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Lindsey Hunter. There is no problem with the second unit other than Lindsey Hunter.

Hayes will come out of his slump.

The key question is when does Hot Rod start coming in at the beginning of the second quarter and not Hunter.

:hoops:
  2. buddahfan

That is incorrect. You may believe that but he was drafted to be our point guard. Otherwise we would never have drafted AA, who does not play the point at all.

Hot Rod was a combo guard in college drafted by us to be our future point guard.

As long as C-Bill continues to start Hot Rod will see some time at the #2 along side C-Bill, but most of his time will be at the #1, which is what he will eventually be for us as a starter.

DraftExpress Profile: Rodney Stuckey

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

what a great game. we looked terrible in the 1st half but just demoralized them in the 3rd quarter. even better, stuckey got quality minutes against NJ's starters (and some of our own), and looked good. some rookie mistakes...but his drives to the hoop...wow. even the one he missed was impressive. he even got a well-timed block, and on one drive to the basket he drew 4 defenders and smartly dished off to Brezec for an easy layup.

then maxiell? goodness. it's too bad that dunk on sean williams wasn't clean because on the replay he cocked his arm so far back it was ridiculous. i love that he went straight at williams and dared him to block it. what an animal.

the other thing i like about stuckey is that he gets rid of the ball quickly on offense. unlike hunter, he gets the ball up the court and makes an early initial pass to get some movement. goodbye flip murray.

with the ability of jmax/sheed/dice to share the load up front, stuckey really becomes key, and his development is far more important to us winning a 'ship this year than amir johnson's. what i mean by that is, we can get by with our 3 big men up front, but we can't get by with just flip/lindsey backing up chauncey.
  4. buddahfan

Right On

5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I agree too. Pistons also have Brezec as a backup big.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

What exactly do they have to find out about him? He's a streak shooter that isn't a good defender (although he does try very hard). What Hayes can do is already known.
  7. max

max All-Star

There was a lot of hype with Hayes. 7th pick in the draft a few years ago who was sidelined with injuries. I think they may have thought he would be another Billups who just needed a chance. Not looking like it so far.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Don't leave out Chauncey. He's another one who wont give the rock up early in the clock. I wish that these dudes would realize that when you give the ball up early it gives you a chance to run more options on a possession, when you hold the rock too long, it's option A, and option A only.

Right On!!! Just thought I'd join the right on party!!!!
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

Right on!
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I had no idea he was picked that high. From watching him in WAS, i figured he was a late 1st rounder, maybe even early 2nd. It makes sense now why WAS always seemed to expect so much more from him.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

he was actually the 10th pick, but close enough. it was the james/darko/carmelo/bosh/wade draft.
  12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lindsay because of his friendship with Joe will not go away. Hopefully, in the coming weeks we will see more of stuckey in the 2nd period. Lets pray.
  13. max

max All-Star

yes he was the 10th pick. I heard on the radio some time back about him being 7, he was 10.
  14. buddahfan

A little voodoo wouldn't hurt either.

Anyone got a Lindsey Hunter bobble head they can work with.