1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At NewJersey Dec 16 8PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by max, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Good post Tashawn.

My thoughts excatly. I did get alittle Bad Boy vibe from DD myself. I loved it. As long as it`s done modestly to remind the opponent from time to time that there will be no free chili served in here, all is good.

Now if J-Max catches on to that rule, look out!!!!

Therer are only two directions Flip can go from here; continue to play his bench and get contributions from everyone, or go back to his old ways and wear out the starters.

On the second of a back to back tonight, it shouldn`t take long to find out which it will be.

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The bench can get the job done if they play consistently except Flip Murray. Something tells me the 'Flips' just ain't getting it done. If Rip did not come in with the 2nd unit at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I'm pretty sure we would have lost the game cuz Flip would have taken all the shots. That's not how a 'team' plays.

Will Blalock reminds me a little of Lindsey Hunter when he plays 'D'. If he can improves his quickness on D, he can be a solid backup to CB. Seems like our 2nd unit (DD, Max & Delf) plays D and always willing to for rebounds as well as blocks. Great when they can't do it on the offensive end, they have to get it done on the defensive end.

Hopefully they can do it again tonite. GO PISTONS!!!

3. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Blalock, as I noted a couple days after he was drafted, is an excellent point guard. I also have said that Detroit-- even after beating New Jersey last night-- has a very small chance at getting gold this year. I would package Chauncey for some more young talent. I'm extremely confident in Blalock's ability; he's an absolute steal, I tell you! Nevertheless, good win over NJ. Happy to see the bench play.

4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Joe says Sheed won't play, Sheed doesn't play. Joe says Blaylock will see some game time before going to the NBDL for the 2nd half of the season, Blaylock gets some game time. Sounds like Joe, and not Flip is making the playing time decisions, and Flip is listenling.

Smells like an ultimatum.

BTW, Blaylock clearly is a better option at pg than Murray, right now. And Delfino has consistently outplayed Murray all year. So why is Murray getting so much PT? Is Flip incapable of judging talent, or too stubborn to realize Murray aint as good he thinks?

Also, Murray created the worse sin a player can make last night, he's not even trying. It's ok if your talent isn't up to par, and you make mistakes. But Murray is quick and has great footwork. The only reason his D stinks so bad, is because he plays with no effort on D.

Starting to get some hope, JMax, Blaylock, and Delfino look like they could be a great bench unit for years to come. Just waiting for the unveiling of Amir.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I remember after Dale had that hard foul on Nenad, Nenad tried to take it to Dale. Dale blocked him, stole the ball from him, or made him take a bad shot every time after that. Dale did great, he controlled the paint. He got in Vince's face when he drove, which helped a lot.

Jason Maxiell not can only dunk, but he had some very nice hooks and floaters inside. Not only should the Pistons use the small lineup. A lineup with Maxiell, Davis, and Dice off the bench could be a great big lineup as well.

I think Flip Murray is at the end of the list for the bench in Joes mind right now. Right now Blalock, Delfino, Dale, J Max, Dice, and Lindsey are the guys. That's 6 guys off the bench that can provide. Lindsey will see more during playoffs, so it's actually 5. Some of you are not loving Dice right now, but he gets hot late.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed, Dale Davis, and JMax + Rip and CB. That could be a very tough defensive unit while still being able to score. Also, Sheed could get away with looking for his outside shot. He would be the 4 on defense and the 3 on offense.

For the first time this year, I'm pumped. The Pistons have not had an energized bench since Mike James and Corliss. One game does not make a pattern, but it shows what we can do. We finally changed a game by forcing our will on the opponent... not just making more shots than them. What a block-fest in the 4th quarter.

I also thought it was a good sign when Flip was sticking Delfino in on the defensive possessions in the last 2 minutes. At least this means he is aware that Delf is doing something right.

7. max

max All-Star

On Flips decisions - maybe he is just getting better advice from his assistants. I can't help but to think when Dale Davis plays about how much we could have used him last season. There was no turning around for Davis, he would have been even better last season since he was a year younger. He is a classic PF/C that is going to give you a lot of toughness up front.

Anyway, I agree with you guys. Last night was about the bench. Billips/Rip inflicted most of the damage on the Nets because they were able to rest easy and recharge knowing the bench was holding their own. No bench guys stuck out as having a good games but the Pistons did take control of the game when they played exended mins for that late 3rd/early 4th stretch.

Nice 1st game by Blaylock. No shots made or assists but he played very smart and did not make any mistakes. That unit he played with did not bring a lot of offense, otherwise he would have had some assists.

Great to see Maxiel playing and he should be getting some consideration for extended mins when Sheed gets back. I am starting to like Maxiel more than Dyess. Also interested to see how Johnson has progressed if he ever gets the opportunity.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Tayshaun is one of our top defenders as well. Delfino isn't too shabby as well. This was the perfect time to face NJ, and Seattle. These teams have arguably the best perimeter players in the league, but have no interior. Now if Maxiell does good today he could get in the rotation. Blalock didn't do good against a punk, he played great against Kidd, and Marcus Williams which is probably the best PG duo on the same team.

Flip Murray can be really nice, or horrible. If his shot selection was better I'd like him a lot. He needs to stick with penetrating inside.