at New York Knicks Wednesday March 3 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks

Wednesday March 3

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 98.7 WVMV

2. roscoe36

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

At least Nate Robinson won't be hurting the Pistons tonight, he has been quite the Piston killer this year.

4. roscoe36

5. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Quote of the day goes to George Blaha:

Regarding Arbys' free curly fry for a triple double promotion "If any Piston gets a triple double... they had one six years ago..."

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

as I already said in the chat, we're seeing the glimpses of "Life Without BigBen". There is no life.

7. roscoe36

Pretty ugly game. I don't think we were ever in it. The body language in the first half was terrible.

We really struggle to compete in NY.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The fact Ben did not play had little to do with this loss. NY just shoots the ball, mostly from the outside, as soon as they can. Ben playing inside would not have helped that much.

What really hurt us was playing small. It hurt us severely. Worse, although the coach coached decently in the 1st half, when it got to the second he would not change a thing until it was time to bring in the garbage time players. He was going to stick with small ball, period. Did not care one bit we were losing from it.

Yeah, we had other problems, like no good perimeter defenders like we use to have when Afflalo and Amir played for us. But really, we were like minus 40 with small ball in this game; the rest really did not matter that much.

Gordon hit some shots. CV did very little. Bynum played a lot and hit some shots, made a nice pass here and there. But he ain't playing defense. Still injured.

With Ben Wallace out, and Wilcox, that left room for Atkins to dress. He got in for GT.

Stuckey made quite a few successful drives in. Rip missed too many shots. Way too much in love with his jumper. He does show signs occasionally of playing team ball, but really, his jumpshot is all he loves.

Tay played decently. To be expected since he got good rest in the first half with Daye playing and playing well.

Now, some would say why complain since Daye has now played like 3 straight games. I will tell you why - because we could have won this one by simply playing Daye more and avoiding some of that small ball we played. Summers is another guy who should have gotten minutes with Ben Wallace not playing.

Geesh, after one rather well coached game, this guy Kuester reverts back to small ball. All he needs is the slightest excuse and he becomes a total loser again. See you all next game.

9. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did not enjoy watching Ben Gordon go directly to the front of BILL WALKER just above the block. He needs to put a fore-arm in his back and get him out of there! Maybe someone like Summers could have even been used there. That is horrible, Bill Walker.

Sergio R made a few good basket cuts, and Lee is tall and can see everything standing up there above the elbow. Shot was looking good. Best thing about him is how fundamentally good he is at the game. That's what makes him a good NBA player.

Once again, CV got abused by whoever he was guarding on (or off) the block. CV does not have very good fundamentals.

Also with Lee, not only should have Daye gotten minutes, but his length would work in our favor as New York likes to spread the floor out. Tay did play well.

10. Brap

Brap Starter

I didn't see tonight's game. (oh darn).

Does anyone know if CV is still playing with plantar faciitus. If he isn't, then oh my god are we in trouble with his contract, cause the guy absolutely has no mobility. but I'm assuming he's hurt and that's why we're seeing this level of pure patheticness.

I know Gordon's hurt and/or way out of sync, since I know he's a terrific player.

Bynum is a shell of himself. He's the kind of guy who just can't play if he doesn't have healthy feet.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well with this loss, the good thing is NY has moved ahead of us in the standings and we have slid into the sixth spot...if all of the Ping Pong Balls fall in sync.

Once again the Pistons ran out of gas in the 4th quarter after putting together a decent 3rd. The Knicks had a bunch of runs starting in the first qtr when they turned a 16-15 lead into a 33-23 end of first qtr lead. The Pistons managed to put together their own run and believe it or not managed to tie the game at 39-39 with their own hustle. But within less than 4 minutes, the Knicks had another run in force and had kicked the lead up to 59-43 on a 20-4 run and finished the half leading 67-55.

The Pistons never got any closer than 9 points in the third before the Knicks had a layup and three point drill in the 4th and blew the game open scoring 36 points at will on both the starters and the scrubs....mostly the starters. It wasn't until about the 3 and half minute mark that the Coach K threw out the white flag with the Pistons down 22 @ 119-97. For Piston fans it was officially garbage time at about the 8 minute mark, but the coach didn't realize it until much later when he rolled Summers, Kwame and Atkins out there. Everyone but Summers scored but he did his darnedest in the last couple minutes throwing up two shots and running over someone trying to get to the hoop.

Our free agents gave us their usual performance :yellowprison: . Daye only played 10 minutes and gave a us few buckets, but some of that was in GT where it didn't really matter.

Once again JJ looks primed to repeat for rookie of the month for March as he follow-up last nights double-double with another double-double ~ 15-13.

Pistons once again created an all star in some scrub named Bill Walker as he scored 22 points and probably 10-12 of those came either right under the hoop or a dunk.

T-Mac and Al Harrington lit us up for 8 of 10 three point shooting.

Yeah we missed Ben a little, but as Lee said, we could not stop the inside or outside shooters as our guys were out hustled and left guys wide open for threes or stood there while guys waltzed right to the hoop. We scored 104 pts which 2 years ago would have been a W.

12. max

max All-Star

I fell asleep during the 2nd quarter and turned it off early in the 4th. 40th loss of the season folks.

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OK, I always moan and groan about Rodney Stuckey can't do this, he can't do that...blah, blah, blah.....but I will say this: Rodney Stuckey is not the primary reason for why we suck, even with everyone healthy. We suck because we've got $19,000,000.00 worth of free-agent horse manuer on the bench, that can't out play another teams rag tag bench of 10 day contracts. I mean this was supposed to be our strength right?

While JJ is an absolutely wonderful surprise, HE AIN'T SUPPOSSED TO BE STARTING!!! Don't get me wrong, he should be starting, but he wasn't supposed to be. Imagine how good we would be right now if CV was beating Jonas out for the starting PF spot and Jonas was giving us backup SF and PF mins.

Lastly I'm really getting irked, seems as if we're paying BenG $11,000,000.00 to do what what AA could have done for $1.5 AND played some defense.

This game right here is the type of display that should have the coach AND GM on the hot seat!

All that said, glad we lost, we definitely could not afford to win this game and hurt our ping pong chances for Wall/Turner/Cousins.

14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We needed the loss. Now in the 6th spot. Need to get a rung or two higher.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We needed a loss, but we got a good ol fashion butt whipping.

16. max

max All-Star

Only a game away from dropping to the 4th spot.

17. LA Dre

Sacramento won tonight so we are actually tied for 5th with them, but not sure who has the tie breaker since we split the seasons series and to early to break it down via conference record yet.

Plenty of time left in the season to tank some more..to get down to the 4th spot. Just need to cheer for some more wins for the Pacers, Kings, Wizards and Knicks:good::fingerscr

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I will make this plain and simple/////

we just lost by 24 points TO A TEAM SO BAD >who just lost a game that they trailed by 49

49!!!!points to

one night before!!

This season is over and to me...any critiques about anyone's performance from this point on is futile.

because how can u critique a show thats already been cancelled....

This is the worst Pistons team since the year before Zeke

19. LA Dre

That means we will need another # 1 pick to put us back on track to win it all about 2018 or so.

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This game wasn't televised down here in TN and it sounds like that was a good idea. Quote from D'Antoni in the news this morning.

The Pistons are the example the Knicks can't afford to follow. Detroit used the money it freed up in last season's franchise-altering, Chauncey Billups-Allen Iverson deal to sign Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva, good players who aren't even starters.

"I don't want to point them out, but we don't want to get stuck in mediocrity and we could have done that," D'Antoni said before the game. "We could've put a Band-Aid on some holes and be more competitive and right now that seems like a good idea, even to me, because we have to go through this. But this summer would not have been a good idea."

Ouch.