at New York Knicks Sunday January 30 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Amare might be out today and Shawne Williams is also suspended for tonight's game.

Rip, Stuckey and Wallace likely out for the Pistons.

The result of the Daye-Gallinari showdown will decide the game.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Teams are sitting their superstars when we come to town:sssh:....gotta take advantage of it despite our own shortcomings....of course if we lose this one, with no Amar'e playing, then we have to realize then how valuable it is having Stuck in the lineup.

4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

My prognosis.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Must win game.

7. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Well....it is halftime and we are up by two. You might think that is great but we were shooting lights out in the first half....something close to or over 60% at one point. Just checked and it says 57% right now at half. So....we have a horrible third or fourth quarter coming. Dunno which but we are going to have to lose 12-17% off that FG% to get to where we are typically at. I am going to predict we put up 12 points total in the fourth quarter and lose by 16. We will stay even with them in the third. Why do I feel terrible about this game as though we were down by 20 when we are actually winning?

Our defense is horrid right now....just bad. At least Kuester took out Bynum and had Prince running the offense in the second half of the second. Good to see Summers out on the court.

Let's see how my prediction holds up. Who knows maybe we will get a lucky shooting night out of Villanueva in front of his home crowd.

8. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

I was close. We just don't have enough guys that can create their own shot for an isolation offense.... And we don't have practically any guys that can play a slow half court offense because their defense is just turrible. We have a three point shooting offense that can win or lose any game on any given night provided they get lucky. As much fun as it is to watch C-ville drop 3 point b-line bombs on people or Gordo go off for 30+ from beyond the arc I hope Joe D is looking to trade for defensive minded players or a superstar that we know won't end up coming to Detroit for a rebuild.

Why do I keep watching?

9. LA Dre

Knicks 124 Pistons 106

Well 3rd game in a row loss in the 4th qtr after holding our own through three quarters. Was it the defense? Were we missing a few buckets from Stuckey?

Knix kix our behinds in the 4th ~~33-16

BenGo poured in 35 points on 7 threes, but it wasn't enough. Monroe grabbed a career high 17 boards and grabbed 15 pts....but it wasn't enough.

Both teams shot just over 50% from the floor, but the Knicks were 36/41 from the FT line and we were only 14-21...so even our 6 more three balls didn't help. Bottom line our failure to penetrate to the paint cost us a differential of 22 pts....since it appears the refs were in a friendly mood to hand out fouls..

We stalled to open the 4th as Daye could not get untracked and Bynum could not get the rest of the players involved.

Forgot to give credit to the Knick front line of Amar'e and Gallinari who scored 62 pts between them including 22-23 from the FT line.....and oh by the way, who needs the injured Wilson Chandler or Rony Turiaf when you got some 7ft scrub by the name of Timofey Mozgof scoring 23 pts and 14 boards off the bench.

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Oh no you don't have to watch, your sight is two hours ahead. Do you buy sport lottery ?

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When you think about it, it is truly amazing that the Knicks scored 124 points with only 6 turnovers. They also had a 129 point game and a 128 game with only 6 turnovers earlier this year as well.

Pretty sweet offensive bball.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just some quick observations.

Coach won't adjust toward defense much, and if he does, he won't stick to it. NY was killing us inside all game long.

Good to see Summers get some playing time. The Pistons did ok with him in during the 2nd quarter, but he was not seen in the fourth quarter. Good to see him knock down that 3 after hardly playing this year.

Prince by no means is a 3 point shooter. Give it up. Trying to match Daye ain't going to happen - ever.

Without Stuckey, we totally did not have that drive to the basket game going. We deperately needed to draw some fouls, which don't happen on outside shots.

However, Gordon sure had it going on his shot.

Monroe was pretty awesome. All that scoring, and rebounding - probably no plays actually called for him. They just happen.

CV did hit those 3's, good job there. But neither he nor Wilcox showed up in the game at the basket on defense. It was basically a dunking display by NY on us with no tough defenders inside. Sure we miss Ben Wallace - but JMAX can do that sort of job too.

Got to give it to NY though, a lot of shooting talent on that team, and this includes Amare who showed he has still a very steady shot from the outside.

Most disappointing thing - making a superstar out of yet another bit player otherwise. Kuester - you got to focus on defense too when you decide who gets minutes.

13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Pistons have quietly moved into the 6th spot for the draft. One more Monroe level guy, at any position, is needed.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I was unable to watch the game today, so I hope someone can answer this for me. Why so little Daye today? Just under 10 minutes? Did he really suck that bad or was it just a questerotation?

15. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Joe D will have a hard time passing up taking a SG w/that pick after only taking 1 SG in last year's draft.

16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

2 TO's, 0-for-3 from the field, and -13 +/- overall. He just wasn't doing anything positive out there. It didn't help that Stoudemire/Mozgov were the 2 NYK bigs for most of the night.

Would have liked to see him more at the 2/3 though. Mosgov was overpowering him on the offensive glass there on a few possessions in the first half.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, if you look at that guy's game logs, you'll see that his best game ever is something like 7 points and 6 boards. I think those were both career highs for him before tonight.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Daye is no power forward, which is where he has played a lot of late. NY was murdering us inside, and having a too light power forward in there would not help any. In addition, Summers got a long stint in the 2nd quarter, further cutting into Daye's minutes. Now, you may ask why Tay got so many minutes. Just a choice to let vets play over young guys - just because. Tay was not doing much besides running down the clock out there.

19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Daye looked nervous out there tonight, Big nerves playing in msg on a sunday for the first time..his ft came up short, he just looked a little off. GM on the other hand just continues to be steady...he never looks rushed or outta control. Just smooth...BG had a Bynum night, lighting it up on one end and getting lit up on the other. Man if he even played a little defense??ughh...NY got all their point in the paint by breaking down our guards and dishing to their bigs when our bigs rotated to cover for our revolving door defensive backcourt. I was happy with gm and bgs offense, but everybody else was a wash tonight. This type of game shows me why stuckeys drives to the hoop and ability to break down a defense are missed. and before ernie says something about running over defenders or a bowling analogy...yes he does get outta control sometimes , but at least it keeps a defense honest. How often were the knicks able to get right up in our guys chests tonight without the worry of them being able to get past them? Ill tell ya...every friggin time.

20. LA Dre

This is a game where we did miss Ben's inside defensive presence...even for 15-20 mins. We also missed Stuckeys penetration.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but we have to stop giving the ball to Tay with less than 10 seconds out near the arc on either wing....he does not want to give it up, and no one comes to help him out because they know he is not going to give it up...he wasted valuable time trying to get around his man...I wish he had the body strength to go through these guys and get to the hoop...

Daye....some of you may disagree but the youngster probably loss a little self-confidence missing that alley-oop just two nights ago. A game winning dunk and you may have seen a different Daye out there tonight. I switched to the Spartan game for a few minutes and missed his appearance in the first half, but when he came back in the 3rd he air balled a three from the corner and appeared to be out of sync the next two times he handled the rock including a TO