at New York Knicks Monday January 18 1:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks

Monday January 18

1:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I am predicting something big out of CV today. Runnin' Rodney Stuckey has really stepped up in his quest to be the MIP (Most Injured Piston) with the knee bang and near paralysis against NO followed by the bloody nose Saturday night.

I don't think Charlie will take this laying down (at least initially). I'm predicting an abdominal tear removing one of his 6 warm up shirts or perhaps more likely, a separated shoulder from wildly swinging his arm on D while hoping to connect with the ball.

Either way it should be interesting.
  3. roscoe36

EARLY GAME TODAY!
  4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

they are still Pistons, not "Jackass". Cough, cough.

but their status as "jackasses" is frighteningly close.
  5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is going to be a rough game for the Pistons.

Jeffries=BenW and a wash (offensively)

Lee, Gallinari and Harrington will each approach 20 shots. You could easily get 75 pts. right there.

Chandler, Duhon,and Nate might make it close to 100 or more.

Jordan Hill is looking better and will get some playing time.

Need some big D out of the crew.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rip out with a stomach virus.....Austin daye to start.
  7. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

No chat?
  8. LA Dre

I am waiting too..??
  9. roscoe36

10. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

roscoe at work?
  11. roscoe36

You could say Roscoe is always at work.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

work it, baby!!!
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

I think Wilcox went out hurt today. He'd been playing very well (by his standards anyway).

That makes it 5 starters and rotation players who couldn't play today. Ridiculous.

That said, Stuckey played really poorly - not because he shot a bad percentage, but because he froze out his teammates. I think Stuckey can be great, but if he keeps having games where he plays like Baron Davis plays, that isn't good for him or the team. He's got to trust his teammates.
  14. roscoe36

Can't win many games against the Knicks going 0-12 from downtown.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Gutsy performance by a depleted Pistons team. Rip, Tay, Gordon, Bynum out and Wilcox only played 8 minutes.

Terrific 3rd quarter to erase the 14 pt deficit and take the lead. Followed by a horrific 4th quarter collapse triggered by Atkins' poor play and cemented by Stuckey's stubborn forced plays. The two of them cost us this game folks. 9-31 combined shooting and I don't know how many times Stuckey was blocked.

The good: Both Daye and JJ played lots of minutes, Daye doing a pretty good job scoring 16 and collecting 6 boards & 2 assists. Max also had a good shooting game on the way to 13 pts on 6-12 shooting to to with his 6 boards. We had 19 offensive boards overall, 12 more than the Knicks.

The bad: Stuckey. He really stunk it up today. We also shot 0-12 from the 3pt line and only made 68.4% of our fritos.

The WTF? Summers playing only 5 minutes in a game like this.

The Magnificent: Ben Wallace's double double. He had 16 pts on 8-13 shooting to go with his 14 boards, half of which came on the offensive glass. He played incredibly smart defense. In the 2nd half alone I counted 5 plays where the Knicks announcers cried foul just to eat their words and say "wow, that's great D by Ben Wallace" after seeing the replay. The 2nd coming of Big Ben is absolutely the sweetest thing about this entire season. Thank you Ben for everything you do!
  16. LA Dre

For once I have to agree with Lee and say that Atkins killed it for us tonight.

The Pistons trailed at the half by 14 as the Pistons went cold and Nate 'I'm otta the doghouse" Robinson got hot along with Wilson Chandler and they spanked the Pistons in that second qtr....and it appeared that the short handed Pistons would not recover. No Rip who was out with a stomach virus and no Wilcox in the second half as he had a back ailment.

However, the Piston D took over in third and the Pistons went on a 19-2 run to take a 68-64 lead before the Knicks called a time out. Most of the Pistons 10 total assists came during this run.....as the Pistons won the qtr 27-11

Well guess what..with not enough bodies the Pistons were forced to bring in Chucky Atkins just prior to the end of the 3rd and the Knicks responded with their own 19-6 run before Q pulled Chucky. .

During the span Chucky was 1-4 shooting 1 assist, 1 TO and was once again abused by Nate, who scored 27 pts on 5-9 shooting from beyond the arc (the Pistons were 0-12 beyond the arc, and our three pt threat CV did not take a single one of them...??) But he did manage to score 16 pts

Daye started for only the second time this season and scored 16 pts, but was 0-6 from beyond the arc,...

Big Ben also scored 16 pts (including 10 in a row in the first qtr) and grabbed 14 boards.

With Wilcox hurting Max had his best game this season scoring 13 pts and grabbed 6 boards.

With no Rip and no one to trust, Stuckey reverted to his old form and ignored open team mates to the tune of 8-26 shooting with several forced shots and had four of his shots blocked (what is his 3.35 ba per game or something??)

A lot of injuries for the Pistons didn't help.....Next game vs the C's on Wednesday. KG should be out...both Sheed and Pierce hurting...we maybe able to steal it if Rip and BenGo are back.

Happy Birthday Dr King!! RIP
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The Pistons played pretty darn good today. I'll count this loss directly on Joe Dumars for hiring his buddy Atkins, with an assist from Kuester for playing him. Atkins could do nothing on either end today, and he played far far too long. The Knicks opened up a 15-2 run on us to open the 2nd quarter, with Atkins in, and then we let a four point lead turn into a large Knicks lead with Atkins in to open the 4th quarter.

You know we have a lot of injuries, but no, that is still no reason to play Atkins any. Today, Kuester started Daye, a good move, but brought in Chuckey to spell both guard positions. Nope, not needed. Summers only played five minutes. If he had played more, all we needed was for Daye to cover 8 minutes at point, while JJ covered about 16 minutes at shooting guard, and Atkins never need have played. Atkins could simply not guard anyone, and on offense he just dribbled air out of the ball, nothing more.\

Some good news, but some bad news. Which you want first? Hmm, I guess I will start with the bad, though it should not be news to those who follow the Pistons closely. Wilcox has a bad back and was only able to go 8 minutes in this one. The other bad news is that Wilcox did not manage to score in the post even though we posted him up several times. (he did get some good passes from the post though, and I think one of his misses was followed up by us for a score, so it was not all that bad.) Did you miss the good news? Oh, we got the ball into Wilcox in the post. All it took was for Daye to start over Rip.

Stuckey did have a bad game. As usual when he is playing a 3rd game in 4 days. Not to mention he is coming off the same "flu" that knocked Rip out of this game. But Stuckey also drew a lot of fouls with all his driving inside. We had NY in some foul trouble.

JMAX added some jumpers made to his usual excellent D. Ben went crazy on scoring, getting 10 points in a row for us at one point plus he hauled down 7 offensive and 7 defensive boards. We paired the two up in the 3rd quarter with very good results, turning a 14 point deficit into a four point lead at one point.

CV? So so game. Scored some.

Daye scored plenty, and showed definitely he is a good defender - as a shooting guard. On offense, it sure does not hurt us that we can post him up vs. shorter guards.

Tay, Gordon, and Bynum are all close to getting back to playing, which may leave Wilcox as the only guy with a long term injury problem soon with his bad back.

Summers did nothing of note in his 5 mintues.

We started out well, with a 9-1 lead, and still ended up with a decent defensive quarter despite a Knick run of their own. For that streak, and thru too much of the game, we were letting the Knicks fast break way too much.

JJ hustled a lot in this one, but did not do much offensively.

Of Note, David Lee was held in check pretty well, but remember, he too was playing his 3rd game in 4 days.

Good effort by a lot of players. If only the coach had cared enough to limit Atkin's minutes more this one could have benn another win. Oh well, back to business Wednesday vs. Boston.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  18. Brap

Brap Starter

Players coming in and out of the lineup because of injuries just kill the team's on-court chemistry. And when these guys do come back, it takes quite a while to get them in game shape and playing at their usual levels of excellence.

It probably won't be until after the all-star break that this team gets it together.
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Just to be the devil's advocate here, Rip did play quite well with Wilcox in the previous game against the Knicks which was arguably Wilcox' best game in the post as a Piston.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you said. Yet another good Leecap. :thumb:
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I won't say anything against the fact Rip got the ball into Wilcox some last game - but Rip is far more about getting his shot. The difference is we simply ran plays for Wilcox, which is a great change. Too bad his back is shot at the moment. By the way, I hope that is nothing he came here with - because I don't want to find out that we gave up our two best perimeter defenders, Amir and Afflalo, just to sign an injured player.