At New Orleans Hornets Feb. 25th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 21, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't get it at first, but i think he threw a towel and that's what got him thrown out.

All i know is watching our crunch time offense screams PG, any PG.

edited to add;

Damn i didn't realize that was our next game.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He was already out by the time he threw the towel, I think.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Anyone else watch this game on the Hornets broadcast? On the last sequence of the game, Gil McGregor said that the Hornets need to pay attention to McDyess because he is a three point threat. McDyess has made 7 three pointers in 57 attempts in his career. :wacko::pound::pound::pound::twitch:

I was like... WTF? He couldn't have said it, but he did.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

I don't think that's it because that's 8' more than Hot Rod has.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Hahahaha... the sad thing is, mechanics aren't the issue with Stuckey's jump shot. Confidence is the problem with that and his entire game for that matter. Man he just looks completely lost out there... and there's no one on the team that can help him climb out of this hole. :help2:
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Pistons fall just short in eighth straight loss | detnews.com | The Detroit News

I guess the first towel ? Who knows, he gets techs for staring.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Was it yellow? Cuz that had to be a Terrible Towel. lol
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

All true.

I just noticed that in the NBA ad where the guys scoots around in the tour bus while Rip shoots free throws that it sure looks like Sheed is arguing with the refs while Rip is shooting.
  10. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Really only Rasheed Wallace is capable of picking up 3 technicals in one game but I don't think that will happen. He'll be fined heavily and maybe the league office will suspend him for his bad behavior at throwing a towel into the crowd. Though Sheed could argue he was giving a souvenir out to appreciative fans.

Will Walter Sharpe get some playing time now that Sheed and possibly A.I. will be out in the next game?

I'm starting to wonder if the Pistons will win another game this season. I really wasn't looking forward to the Teal era again but remember Michael Curry is a charter member of the All Teal Team so rah rah rah!
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

2 towels. Maybe we can start calling him Bed, Bath & Beyond?
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Exactly. The refs call T on Sheed very easily because of his media-generated reputation and they know they can get away with it. Some of the crap that KG or Kobe pull on the court makes Sheed look like an innocent school boy.

It's just par for the course though. All the preferential treatment of Stern's golden primadonnas. Whether it's LeBron taking 8 steps on a drive to the basket, Kobe never comitting offensive fouls or Sheed getting T's for farting in the wrong direction. It's all BS.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Sheed is an idiot.

I PROMISE U he'd could be ejected from EVERY game if the refs werent as lienient as THEy are!!!!

Also, a BOBBY BRADY is when someone fakes an injury to stay out of a game. Remember when he faked a sprained ankle so he didnt have to play football or ride his bike or something?

I remember also Peter faking so he didnt have to play Benedict Arnold.

Or Marcia lying to get out of a date.

Or Cindy being scared to talk bcuz of her lisp.

Or Jan hating on Marcia...

What a bunch of losers!
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Now I'm going to be up all night trying to think of what he was avoiding. In all honesty, I think I watched the Brady Bunch daily until I was 25 or so.
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I know...i just remember him saying MY ANKLE HURTS AGAIN. Then he grabbed his bird cage and went in the house. Was it the monkey bars?
  16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The Pistons ran an NBA offense--had 7 threes and actually should have won. The floor opened up a bit.

AI not in the game meant that they ran a bit like their old offense with Rip on screens, etc. It is what it is. With Sheed out for a while, the team suddenly starts to get out on the opposition jump shooters. Just calling it like I saw it. Everyone can draw their conclusions. Of course, Sheed's offense was welcome as he came back in.

Fabio actually in on a run. The problem is the system and the mix of players. The floor was spread and things started to happen. And Fabio has not shot well at all...and it certainly wasn't his defense.

At least, this gives a glimpse of what can be next year.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Phantom call at the end when Paul missed the layup with Dyess guarding him. That came at a very bad time.

There were a lot of positives this game. Bynum was great... he was on pace for almost 20 assists/48 minutes with 6 in 15min. He made our offense click and even had a couple nice drives that were Stuckey-esque. With Stuck clearly going through a massive slump, it would be nice to use Bynum more. His defense was pretty nice.

Dyess and Sheed were shooting lights out at 13-22 (eFG of 66%!). It really is a shame that Sheed regressed into a 2-year old and wet the bed. Could have used his height to snag a couple of those defensive boards in crunch time. Could have also avoiding giving NO a critical FT and momentum change when we were actually in a game coming down the wire.

Maxiell also had a very nice game. What an offensive rebounding machine in the last few minutes of the game. He and Dyess just couldn't get the job done on the defensive boards with West sneaking in and Chandler towering over Dyess and cleanly coming over the back.

Overall though, all of the Hornets weapons got off (3 of them with double doubles!). CP3 with 20 and 13 assists. West with 30 and 10. And Chandler with 10 points and 17 boards (season high). It was nice that we actually had a chance to win against a good team, but we just couldn't distrupt them enough. We were massively outrebounded 51 to 38, we were massively out free throwed 25 to 12 and we were massively outmuscled with 0 blocks to their 5 blocks. Even though we didn't play small ball, it had all the telltale signs of being a size mismatch.

Of course I would have liked to see AJ, Kwame, and AA, but I won't bore you with the same old whine. MC has alienated the vets and now he is naively allowing them to cost him his coaching future.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Now you're talking. It was his bird that got him through his "condition". Was he supposed to have a pull contest with Greg? It was something with the monkey bars for sure. Good clue.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Anyone catch the NO announcers saying that one of the Piston coaches mentioned to them that AI was hurting their D by gambling for steals right after he whiffed on a steal? Perhaps this is the leak that has led to the spate of stories recently?
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah. Those announcers were ripping on both AI and Sheed pretty hard.