at New Jersey Nets Wednesday October 27 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'October 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The good ol' collapse. :cold:
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sorry ending. Couldnt post in the chat. Not a good team in so many ways.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    No defensive stops in the end = loss.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

Very bad loss. Pistons went to their 3 guard lineup - putting their top 5 players on the floor. Nets took the momentum back with Hack a Ben, our defense struggled, we got a bad break on the Stuckey strip leading to a lucky 3 on the scramble, and then that top 5 lineup couldn't get a halfway decent shot off.

A lot of really good things ended up with a lousy loss.

Question: given how terrific Stuckey played, do we really want to field a lineup in the fourth quarter that takes him out of the game, and keeps the ball out of his hands? No, IMO, that's just not a good idea.

McGrady, BTW, played terrific tonight. He didn't shoot it, but he impacted the game a lot with great defense and passing.

Coaching question: Why play Ben down a stretch where they're in the penalty and can just automatically foul him? IMO, that cost us the game.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

playoff team ( if you believe in dumars), my ass.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I guess it really didn't matter that I only saw the 1st preseason game. Team looks just as bad.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Could not said it better myself.. Pistons lead it 95-88 with 100 seconds left and Pistons allow a 11-0 run before CV hits a three with 14 seconds left.

Beside the hack-a-ben display, the key plays were the three point bombs by Farmar and the wide open one by Morrow and the silly forced turnaround shot by Stuckey with about 35 seconds left.

Yeah the defense was bad, but FT shooting was even worse...16-30?? and Ben missed 6 of those including 3 during the hack stunt. It's bush league, but it worked tonight and other teams will try it if they are in range...and yes they were penalty the last 7 mins and we got no one going to the line but Ben???

Why wasn't Daye put back in to be another 3 point threat instead of Stuckey?? Tay or Rip could have been the trigger man for CV, Ben or Daye..cold or not.
  8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

9. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

About 30 minutes ago: Standing in line for falafel, check the blackberry and see the Pistons are up halfway through the 4th. Remark to girlfriend "whoa, the pistons are winning"

About 10 minutes ago: At least I had a blissful, happy walk home.
  10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I feel bad.. I was really enthusiastic (Don't know if I wrote that word well.. don't even bother to check) about this first game because:

· the 3 - 5 in the Pre-Season wasn't just THAT bad FOR ME and I was hoping to get a W.

· I was expecting to see What Greg Monroe can bring to an NBA game.. And he don't play even 1 minute.. DAMN, man!! Come on!!! HE WAS A 7TH PICK OVERALL!!! YOU CAN'T PLAY BEN WALLACE 32 MINUTES PER NIGHT!!!!

I'm feeling really dissapointed.. I want to punch Kuester SO SO SO HARD.. well.. not just him..
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I HOPE Roscoe post the point of the chat where at the 1:41 mark in the 4th and us LEADING the Nets 95-88, i say:

"oh oh! can kue coach a loss out of this lead?":)
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Breathe deep, my friend. Breathe deep.
  14. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I know.. but come on.. Why Kuester don't give Monroe at least 10 minutes??? I don't understand..

if in the first 10 games we don't go at least 4-6 (and i'm beign generous) .. I'll be expecting Kuester to QUIT (not Joe D to fire him, he had to have the balls to quit) saying something like "I apologise to every Detroit Pistons fan but I am stupid for this job"

And after that I will expect Joe Dumars to trade Ben Gordon, Rodney Stuckey, Rip Hamilton and Charlie Villanueva for young players and draft picks and THAT IS REBUILDING
  15. LA Dre

Once they got into the end of the first half and there was no Monroe, I didn't expect him to play unless it double digit lead of garbage time...by either team. Turned out we played like garbage the last 90-100 seconds and he still didn't get in.

As far as going 4-6 the first 10 games, that's probably only after opening up 0-5. A win would have given them confidence, even if they lost the next two....but if they do lose the first five then players will be second guessing the coach and themselves.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Kuester is a joke of a head coach.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Another game, another excuse by Kuester. They made good shots. How about going small ball down the stretch. Never worked yet, why then?

More bad news. No Summers. No Monroe. With Daye playing completely out of position, and JJ and White hurt, well, I don't know why Dumars even bothers to draft anybody.

Some good news. TMAC played, and looked like he can help, especially with ball handling. Still rusty of course, has not scored for us yet. He made several nice passes. The other team shows him lots of respect.

JMAX had a solid game, but he was limping at one point in the game. Don't know how serious that is.

Not only did our clueless coach start Daye at power forward, he ended up playing Tay down the stretch at power forward. Rediculous.

With Gordon, Rip, and either of Bynum or Stuckey out there all together, this team flat out can't guard a strong physical team like NJ. And playing small like that, all we got for offense is outside shots. What a recipe for disaster.

The good, we actually are using a backup small forward - Tracy McGrady. That can't hurt. But this small ball non-sense has got to go. We got Summers sitting on the bench, Daye and TMAC, all of whom can play small forward, and still we get Rip Hamilton playing there in this game, especially when the game was on the line at the end. Rediculous.

Lots of our players looked good here and there. About 7 guys reached double figures. For much of the game, we actually played units that made sense. And never, not for a moment, did I see excuse 1 for starting Daye at power forward. Its probably just a political ploy by Kuester, who probably wants to see the guy fail so he can quit playing him.

Yeah, some people still trust Kuester to play the youth. Hah. Well, hey, I got a bridge to sell cheap.

Not playing our 7th pick. Means today, a game was just wasted.

Old news, both Stuck and Bynum have got to learn to drive in with their heads up looking to pass when appropriate. Both did some good stuff too, but man does the out of control drives ever stand out.

This coach has got to look in the mirror to see why his team always loses. Its him. He coaches to lose games. He is surrounded by talented players, but looks for what won't work for most of the game.

How many times should it take for the other team to foul Ben Wallace on purpose before you pull Ben Wallace. One. Not 3.

How long should it take to realize Daye is no power forward, and Tay does not belong playing there either? No time at all. That horse has ran its race, and come up lame.

We need a coach. We got plenty of good players.
  18. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Again history agrees with me...pull Ben Wallace during Hack-time...u lose.

Thanks [STRIKE]Flip[/STRIKE] Coach Q.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

That was Rip Hamilton spectating rather than keeping track of his man. Rookie mistake.
  20. LA Dre

Thanks again Lee for the first official Leecap of the season and it was ridiculously spot on. Quester is Qless and Avery's team beat us basically with two players.