at New Jersey Nets Friday January 21 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Anyone who wants to listen: Kuester, as an absolute priority, wants Bynum to play. This makes no sense, but that is what Kuester wants. This supposed benching of his sure don't look like a benching, does it.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I've said before that I like to see Will score in bunches, ut with our 2nd unit that is not his job or #1 priority, he needs to defend, facilitate (i.e. make sure CV and Gordon get shots) and take care of the ball, I'm not sure he's capable of any of that, we could really use Luke Ridnour.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I get it now, win 3, it's all good. Q is making the adjustments. Lose 6, Q is a dolt, it's all bad. Byum wrecked it. No Stuck wrecked it. TMax is the answer. Daye needs more min. Gordon can't find his shot cause Rip is stole his moxy.
    Com'on laugh with me.
    It's a joke now.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I mentioned it in the chat room, and can say it now, Daye is playing just like Taye did 3-4 years ago...to passive....he hesitates, fakes and dribbles and passes off. Never though to an open man on his way to the hoop...which explains why he averages only 0.8 assists a game.

KGREG is right, Daye still would rather pump fake and dribble when he receives the rock instead of shooting. At 6'11 he can shoot over most defenders, but if he passed the ball, he only takes the shot half the time and waist his opportunity to shoot when open. He must have learned that move from his father and is now cementing it by shadowing Taye's moves. If he could learn to catch and shoot consistently like, CV, BenGo or even Sheed he would be more affective.

Whats with Stuckey getting blocked four times tonight?? Although Bynum got blocked once, he still can get to the rim easier without contact than Stuck who seems to collide with reckless abandon.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

At least 2 of those were fouls where Super Collider got hosed, I'm really getting tired of the refs not giving Stuckey the favorable whistle from night to night.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was a tough loss when it appeared that the Pistons might have been making progress. I think they would have won if Rip wasn't sitting on the bench.

The Pistons have scored 74 and 82 points their last 2 games.

Stuckey is 8-26 with 3 assists and 2 rebounds in the same 2 game stretch. I am glad his starting spot is guaranteed though because all this youngster needs is a chance and some steady minutes to improve.

3 things I though when Chaz G went down:
    1. This guy is pretty soft
    2. Lucky for him this didn't happen the game before in BOS
    3. I hope this is serious so he is out for awhile

I can't believe I am about to type this, but if you slow down Chris Wilcox you really slow down the Pistons.

How many other teams have given up alley oop dunks to Kris Humphries? He was an animal out there though and as Roscoe mentioned during the trade talks, I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Devin Harris was playing and hustling his ass off.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, Stuckey definitely isn't getting a fair shake from the refs lately. Did you see that one foul that sent Devin Harris to the line where he wasn't even close to getting up for a shot? I was like, how on earth was that a shooting foul? Meanwhile, Stuckey is repeatedly molested on the other end, with very little to show from it by the officials.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pay attention to this: Daye wants to play. Not too long ago, Daye took shots when he could, and made a ton of them. Indeed, he hit like 8 3's in a row. What did he get for taking, and hitting, all those shots - a long string of DNP - coaches decision. Daye wants to play - so of course he will not make the coach mad by taking shots. You got to remember, the last thing Kuester wants to do is play any young guy. When he does, its under duress from management. Why don't you think Summers is not playing - cause he was our 2nd best 3 point shooter last year. No way does Kuester want to see any more of that and have to play the guy.

Don't think I know what I am talking about? Look at Monroe. To start the season, Kuester not only did not want to play him, but stuff came from the coaching staff about his deficiencies. This was nonsense.

Look at last year. We started out with both Daye and JJ, as well as Summers, on the roster. We began the year with none of them playing, all three having been cut out of the rotation a few games even before preseason ended. Only a massive amount of injuries finally got our three youngsters playing.

And how we forget - despite JJ having a great start to the season as our small forward when Tay was injured - as soon as he could, Kuester tried to cut JJ right back out of the rotation. Fan noise - plus CV turning out to be totally unable to play because his PF was not healed, got JJ back into the rotation - but never once for the rest of the season at small forward where his rebounding really made him an asset at that position.

The concept of putting one of our young guys in good light is foreign to Kuester. He wants them to fail, and fail quickly so he can play his vets.

Unfortunately, where does this leave winning in Q's priorities - same place as when he was a college coach. Q has no concept of what a winning season is even. Time to fire the coach.
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I know the Piston suck is driving us all mad but don't lose your integrity Lee.
    Even I can see the hyperbole in your last post.
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Bad loss.

Key takeaways from the game IMO:
    • Bynum needs to teach Stuckey that high-glass shot he has when finishing at the rim.
    • Monroe is great at passing the ball. The only reason he doesn't register assists is because the clowns he passes to screw it up.
    • Daye's learning all the wrong things from Prince.
    • If we're not going to trade Rip, we gotta find ways to use him. We sure could've used him last night. This is getting ridiculous.
    • Devin Harris can play and I cannot understand why NJ is trying to get rid of him. Without him, NJ would be a lottery team. Oh wait...
    • Brook Lopez is a decent player, but he's overrated.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Name something you actually disagree with, and we will talk.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The coach definitely gets a D...and I would drop Big Ben and Stuckey to C and C+ respectively instead of the B's the writer gave them.

Summers a inc across the board....can't give him a D unless we are grading his practice regimens....he does a decent job when he gets in during GT.

Joe gets an incomplete because he has not completed a single deal since drafting Monroe...:sssh:
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Actually, they got incomplete next to that D for Summers. Big Ben? Absolutely nobody expected him to be our starting center. As a starting center, he is a pretty bad one. No way he gets a B.

On Summers though, one thing they absolutely failed to mention - the guy can play very solid D. Of course, since he has not played this season, that gives them half an excuse to forget that.