At New Jersey January 31st, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At New Jersey January 31st, 7:30PM
    TV - (Local) FSN, NBALP

The Pistons travel to NJ to face the Nets who at the time of this posting are on a 5 game west coast trip. They have dropped four games, three of them by 1 point. The Pistons are 2-0 against the Nets this season.
  2. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

We have to win this one. I am so disappointed in the Pistons its not even funny. They should win this one, but the way they are playing, I think any team can beat them. I hope they win, but I wont be surprised if they lose.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sorry guys this is a road BTB. Jet lag will be working against them. Not that far to travel but the Pistons are in a funk. If our front court can't cancel Kidd and Carter...
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Breaking NEWS!

More information...
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yes, at this time I'm not adverse to using her against him. I hope Jason's head is so tore up he shoots 10%.
    Next time don't marry a woman so average.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

You can't start out the night by making excuses for why they will lose my man.

Back to backs are on the schedule. They have been for decades.

No Excuses.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, since this divorce stuff went public (around jan 9), Kidd has exploded on offense.

Numbers for January
    Points - 18.9 (up from 13.4)
    FG% - 48.6 (41.1)
    3ptM - 2.4 (1.1)
    3pt% - 44.2 (31.2)
  8. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Yes ..tonight...no excuses
  9. roscoe36

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

1ST QTR: mIKKI nIKKI mOORE had a "nasty" 1st qtr and I give him his due. But we played very well. Smooth. Confident. Ran good sets. Couple of dumb turnovrs. Still not playing good D on the 3 ball. Run the offense thru Webber,hewas made for our type of supporting cast. Pistons 30-27.
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

12. roscoe36

First half

Rip is on fire, playing excellent

Sheed hasnt been much of a factor yet. Webber had a nice block on Vince Carter, some points and a few good feeds.

Lots of bench play, Delfino rebounding well, Hunter actually able to get rim on his shots and brahma is out there terrorizing people.

Pistons on pace to score 120. Nets are overmatched, lets hope they dont get hot!!!!
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

2nd qtr...What a dunk and What a block by JMAX!!! This is why he HAS TO PLAY 15 MIN A GAME. No matter what. Nice first half by Rip. Sheed and tay showed that even if they dont score a point, defensively they can make a difference. Dont think the offense will hold up though. I think Mikki is through for the night. Better D on JKidd and this game is ours. Pistons 62-51 HALF.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

3rd qtr..Great behind the back pass by webb to Tya for a dunk. ...3pt D still so-so...When O goes thru Webb , good things just seem to happen....Best 0-7fg game I ever seen by wallace...I think Wiz showed us a thing or two....But 2 teams that dont scare me come playoff time are the Nets and the Wiz....Pistons need to plaY THE 4TH LIKE they did in DC. Max throw down!!!.. Told you Mikki was done...PISTONS 93-69
  15. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Too bad the nets don't have a minning record. You could leave feeling good, but there's what you call fools gold.
  16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Switched the game on just in time to see the Pistons up 20+ at the beginning of the 4th, but did Marcus Williams do anything to Rip to earn the hip check? It looked pretty clearly intentional.
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I was thinking the same thing. But, I won't knock them when they get the win. They did what they were supposed to do so may as well be satisfied. We'll see what tomorrow brings when it arrives.
  18. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

What a nice game for all the Pistons and when JMax plays solid minutes good things happen. How weird that Sheed got a donut tonight but he was still working hard. It all comes down to defense and when the Pistons are playing hard and stay away from the zone D they are a tough team to score on. Rip and Chauncey will find ways to score and with Webber and those big ole mitts of his doing some passing the Pistons can be championship caliber. Just love the versatility of Delfino, he can lead a fast break, get some boards and even score once in awhile. Can JMax and Delfino become our X-factor like Rodman and Salley used to be in the Bad Boy era?
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Made it gabage time by the 6:00 mark and thats EXCELLENT. No doubt the 2nd best game of the year(Dallas win was Number 1). ...Take Dice and rip out, OK?...If uou hold Kidd to 2 assists , u gonna win...Nets announcers best in NBA league pass...Nazr with the perennial 'head fake' the first time he touches the ball....Still I'd like to see him as part of the rotation 5-10 MPG....Id trade Nazr for Josh Boone...cant wait to see JMax and Amir together...109-78..I gota big promotion and raise today, blowout a nice gift..A win like this is why a loss like last night is so disppointing..Flip Murray looking like %$^as usual...26-18 not bad considering we should be 34-10...113-89!!! Woooo-freekin-hoo!!....
    PS...im watching the Surreal Life for the first time in awhile...I forgot how perfect Tracy Bingham is!!!1Sighh...hit the fan!!
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pleaes note, this is copied from my post at the other board, and challenges people's comment there about Sheed-none of this challenging verbage is directed at anyone at pf.com.:

Why did we win this one so handily. Why are the announcers calling it maybe the best game of the season by the Pistons? Real simple, Flip Saunders played his bench. Extensively. Its a strange thing isn't it, the team maintainign their energy lever thruout the game. Well, not so strange at all. Play the bench, and good things will happen.

Jason Maxiell did not start out all that strongly. Heck, he has barely played of late. But look what happened after playing a whole quarter, and coming in during the 3rd quarter in the next half. Wow, gee, now he is canning his shots, making all his free throws, and generally being awesome. Something about the comfort level from being out on the floor more than just five minutes. My only question is will Flip Saunders leave him out of the next game to cool him down.

Sheed did not score, but he took good shots from plenty close in enough that nobody can complain. Some nights, shots don't fall. So what. I see some people want to blame Sheed for Moore scoring. Heck, the Pistons simply chose not to guard Moore. Not at all. Nobody checked him, put a body on him, or anything. Meanwhile, Vince Carter was held without a field goal, and pretty much scoreless thru much of the game. Moore only scored 2 points after the first quarter. He was never the guy we were worrying about. Carter had averaged 35 points over the last few games, our concentration, rightfully so, was on him.

Delfino had a fine game. He shot very little, made the only 3 he took, got a layup on a reverse in garbage time. He set up JMAX perfectly on a fast break, and JMAX should have had another dunk on a later Delfino pass. Did anyone notice that assist (not credited) off the glass-that was no shot. Delfino saw Maxiell heading uncontested toward the weak side and flipped up the perfect pass off glass. Defense? Why ask, Delfino always plays fine D.

Rip had a great game, knocking down 24 points while being the chief guy holding Carter in check. Billups scored 18 including 12 of 12 from the line. Man that was nice, seeing the Pistons knock down a team record 27 straight free tosses, with Jason being part of it too.

Tay had a fine game too, as did Dyess off the bench. Dyess apparently hated the new ball. Says it cut his hands. And obviously, he was not shooting too well with it. He is at over 50% since they went back to the old tried and true.

What about CWEBB, five assists. Oh, and 17 points. Still an awful game of course since we have to point out he only got about 3 rebounds, and plus he even missed a shot. Even worse, he was out there in the first quarter where Moore knocked down his 18 points. If you are going to hammer Sheed for that, you got to hammer Webber likewise-if you like to go for such non-sense.

Hunter had a decent game, but not that good mind you. Still not a point guard, but he showed some energy in this one.

Mohammed and Murray got in during garbage time. Mohammed, who can't be blamed since he has not played in a long while, missed 4 straight at the line to marr an otherwise excellent night at the line for us. Murray hit a shot, and almost made a nice pass in to Maxiell. Nice to see him try at least.

Some will say so what, NJ is a horrid team. But they just beat Denver and Utah, so that is not all that valid. Holding Vince Carter to such a bad night surely helped make NJ look bad, but you got to credit our defense.

In sum, hey, Saunder could have lost this one real easy, simply by putting all our starters back in to end the 2nd quarter, leaving us dogged for the 2nd half. Instead, he played two very high energy guys, JMAX and Delfino, right up until the end of the 1st half, and low and behold, they gave us the energy boost needed to not only win, but make a laugher out of it. Its Flips choice. Wear the starters out, lose games we should not, or trust the bench and make an easy season out of it. GO PISTONS!!!!!