at Minnesota Timberwolves Wednesday April 14 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'April 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Minnesota Timberwolves

Wednesday April 14

8:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Is there any way to lose this game?

4. roscoe36

5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Go Darko!

6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

That Darko guy is looking pretty sick so far. I hope [strike]JD[/strike] Tally drafts a guy like him if we win the lottery.

7. Brap

Brap Starter

Why is Gordon not with the team? The boxscore lists "Personal Reasons."

8. Brap

Brap Starter

Well, I'll be damned - we pulled out the least clutch win of all time and dropped into a tie for 6th/7th in the lotto balls universe.

Unreal.

But you know what? For rookies, Daye looked terrific, and he played the SG all game long. (How intriguing is that? Ans.: very). Summers looked terrific. JJ looked terrific. CV shot great.

Add in Stuckey, Gordon, Bynum, Maxiell what we get for Tay (which will be substantial - he's reproven himself as an outstanding role player in this league and has a great contract - expiring), and maybe what we get for Rip, our #1 (dammit the 6th or 7th or 8th pick, most likely) - assume Joe D will relatively soon (by the 2011 trading deadline) bring order to the universe by balancing our roster in intelligent ways - and I think we've got a lot to build on - and a lot of quality assets that could be moved around.

I believe it would be very wise to situate Daye as a SG on our team. I'm imagining a backcourt of Stuckey and Daye - I think that would work great.

9. roscoe36

Trade Stuckey, keep Chucky!

10. max

max All-Star

Yep, tied for 6th. If we would have lost then it would have been a tie for 4th. Was it worth it? Nice to end on a positive note but 1/2 of these guys will not be here next year - or will they? Was nice to beat Darko's team and JJ outplayed him in the end. Wolves are such of a bad team.

I am not sure about Stuckey at the point. Maybe at SG if he works on his shot. More for later.

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Unreal. The team could have been in the 3rd spot about a week ago. If the Pistons don't get really lucky, it could be a 7th or 8th pick. Look back at the draft this past decade and see what that means.

Reading the coaches comments after the game, is this franchise in denial? The Pistons have no young, impact player to build around.

12. Gelo

Gelo Second Round Draft Pick

There's no doubt that this was the best day of the whole season.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We started and ended the season with a win. That's how it should be. Bookends. :)

Thank goodness Chucky played as much as he did. A team-high 5 assists in 22 minutes. Our point guard of the future? :MusicBigGrin:

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kuester should have put in Kwame when CV started getting hot. A little bit of creativity with substituting and we would have the #3 worst record right now.

15. Brap

Brap Starter

In the world of BB tiering of draft picks,

Wall is Tier 1

Turner, Cousins and Favors are Tier 2

and there are about 3 to 10 players in Tier 3 - and I don't think there's going to be any uniform agreement how to rank them. I expect that these rankings will change a lot right through their personal workouts with team. Of that 3 to 10 players, we've got Aldrich, Davis, Monroe, Udoh, and Montiejunas who might be Centers or at worst PF's.

Plus perhaps Patterson, Orton, Whiteside, and Larry Sanders can rise up the boards who are also C's or PF's.

I don't know that it matters that much that we might end up picking 7th, instead of 4th, 5th or 6th. I'm not even sure that Cousins would be a guy we take if we had the opportunity.

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

BRAP, the history of the draft the past decade says that it does matter. I suggest pulling up the top ten picks going back to 2003.

17. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm just wondering about this draft in particular. I think the guys at the very top, probably aside from Wall, are very high ceiling players but come with more than the usual risks for tanking a bit.

18. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

well maybe stern will pay the pistons back for screwing them will all the rule changes after their championship year. Pistons with wall in 2011 !

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't understand this either....just because the Pistons pulled out four improbable victories in the last 10 games does not mean that we are good to go next season. As you say lapiston, we are still the same team with no impact player next season and will have to hope for the luck of the draw to get what we think and hope is one the top five players. The Kings tanked 9 of their last 10 games to fall to third and have a greater possibly to get a big to add the Tyreke Evans growth project. We needed that big center (Cousins) to anchor the middle and now it appears that there will be a bunch of fowards to go with Tay, CV, JJ, Daye, Summers and Max....and we can only hope that whomever we select is better than ALL of them by the end of next season.

Even the Sixers managed to tank 8 games down the stretch to get in the mix..the only team playing to win besides the Pistons were the Warriors who won six of their last 10 ans still have a better shot at getting the big that we need.

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Dre, this season would have been good. We found JJ and we would get a top pick. Now, I fear it will have been a waste. What is the percentage chance for a top three pick?

I really wonder if management understands that the team is simply poor and that it wasn't injuries and the like as a reason.

I worry that the Pistons get a serviceable player only in the draft and go forward with a better year next year which could create an illusion that the team is truly on the way back. Many teams wallow between .500 and the near bottom and back again to .500.

I thought the Pistons had a different standard as one of only a few teams to have won multiple championships.