at Minnesota Timberwolves Friday December 10 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Man, A Greg Monroe / Darko frontcourt would be pretty nice. We need a shot blocker in the worst way.

And I'm surprised at the lack of Tayshaun Prince talk here. One of the most brutal games I've seen from a player this year if you take out the first couple minutes. People complain about Stuckey driving and getting blocked, but I'll take that all night over watching Prince dribble for 15 seconds then taking an ugly fall-away from 20 feet out. Not to mention the blatant unwillingness to pass to anyone not named Rip Hamilton. Disgusting.

It's a shame CV is starting to play like himself again as well. When he's not just spotting up for triples he's just completely out of control, and does nothing positive.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This was actually an entertaining game until the last few minutes. I don't care if you gave me the Pistons roster twice, I would still take the Wolves. (They've been bad a lot longer though.)

I know the grass is always greener and I am not emotionally attached to the Wolves, but I feel like I could enjoy watching that team struggle.

Kevin Love can really play. He had 14 pts and 12 boards in the 2nd Q. There is a chance that no Piston big will have those #'s for a game this year. I was thinking it before Special K and G Blaha said it, but Love has a lot of Laimbeer in him.

I was shaking my head when Gordon game out of the game with 5-some minutes to go and the Pistons were down 3. That seems like the time to play him. The only thing more non-sensical than that was the fact that Rip who was definitely on had been sitting for the last 10 minutes. That is really the Pistons right there.

It almost seemed like the Pistons were conceding the game last night by resting Ben and are putting all their eggs in the basket for a win tonight against T-Dot. That is really sad if true.

Monroe did well for the most part as everyone has said. Perhaps most impressive was the way he stayed out of foul trouble and play extended minutes.

I can't tell if Charlie V looks more like a slug or a snail. Something about his head would fit perfectly on a snails body.

Stuckey was positively putrid on this entire trip. I doubt he was one of the best 7-8 guys on the floor last night. He was a couple of seconds from heading into the crowd to hug all the fans goodnight after the game.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

:pound:

Precisely what I was complaining about the other day with this love-fest before and after games. But, admittedly, it's not just Stuckey. It's a league problem and it sickens me.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That's what made me notice it. It is a league thing and I kind of enjoy it if I am being honest, but Stuckey has really amped it up the last few games.

On another note, the T-Wolves impressed me they way all 5 guys on the court hit the defensive glass.

How bout C Brewer getting the long rebound with a few minutes to play and waltzing down the lane for the dunk? Dr. J had more resistance in the dunk contests.

Watch how many times CCG stays down the offensive end of the floor instead of getting back on D, doesn't hit the glass, waits a count or 2 only so he can wildly swing his arm at someone from behind.
  5. max

max All-Star

I was impressed with Monroe overall. 15 boards are 15 boards. I think you gotta just throw him out there and give him 30 MPG so he can learn and get better. And not bench him after a bad outing. Show him the same courtesy as the other players. This season is toast anyway so may as well start building for next year.

Bynum needs to go. Playing like this after his contract extension. Maybe JJ will return for the last 20 games or so and we can start working on the Monroe/JJ front line. It may be pretty good.

Other than that. Going into the 2nd half you never know what to expect, usually that they will blow it - which they did. Made Minn look pretty good last night.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm starting to watch the games just to see the other team. Luke Ridnour sure looked good in the 4th quarter. Darko now admits he didn't try too hard when he was with us:

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

After all the postings, the summary is:

Impressed with Monroe's 15 boards, but dude has to either learn how to fake or not telegraph his shots....5 blocks in one game?? No he didn't get the blocks...he got blocked. This could have been a 15-15 night if not for the blocks..

Not impressed with Q substitutions....plays starters for 10 minutes in the third... then puts their tired behinds back in there when the game is tight and they blow it after wards.

Tay and CV were bad

Stuckey and Bynum were their usual selves:gun1:

TMac and Gordon were paired up with the wrong players or did not get enough PT, so not effective as the could have been

No Ben or Daye at all:yellowprison:...

Bottom line, does Q know what he's doing??

.and finally, if we had Darko now...would he be playing or riding the pine missing all of those block ops
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How many boards did Monroe have? :pound: