At Minnesota T 'Wolves Jan. 28th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 21, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well they seemed to discuss a lot of the issues and faults that the Pistons have that we discuss in here, so one was lurking and providing them with some scouting information:reading::ranger:

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Since Afflalo is really our backup small forward, I won't consider that small ball, leaving just the 4 minutes where Rip played small forward as small ball.

3. max

max All-Star

We also have to Maximize the amount of time that Sheed and Dyess are on the floor at the same time.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's a guard being asked to play backup SF. His performance at that position is terrible. -10.5 per 48 minutes vs. +5.9 at his natural position. I can already hear you disagreeing, but Herrmann's results at the 3 spot have been better (from a results of the team standpoint).

However the lineup with AA at the 3 is defined, it's been a loser so far.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I won't even begin to disagree that Tay needs another option for his backup. Name another poster who hollers more than me that we need to get a taller backup small forward for Tay?

But Herrmann? The guy is not NBA material. I don't need stats most of the time. Just watching and then rewatching and studying the games is enough for me to make my conclusions. Herrmann is flat out embarrassing as a defender at small forward. Even too slow at power forward most of the time - and too little rebounding for that position.

Afflalo is certainly not a small forward, but he often defends small forwards well. Some small forwards he can't guard. In all, at the moment, he is the best option at backup small forward amongst the choices of players that Curry plays.

I would like to see what Sharpe can do before we go and trade for or otherwise get another small forward.

Or, just start using Amir as a small forward, as fouls allow. Maybe just see where he is at the end of 3 quarters. If he has any fouls left at all, play him some at small forward in the 4th. Curry never uses him in the 4th quarter otherwise.

Another option, start JMAX in the 3rd quarters. Have Amir start the game at power forward, and then just play small forward in the 2nd and 4th quarters to spell Tay some. This would not change Amir's minutes any, but would give JMAX more minutes, and get Tay more rest.

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So AI gambles off the court too?

It sounds really fun being an NBA player.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I prefer to carry cash monies.