At Minnesota January 19th, 8:00PM

Discussion in 'January 2007' started by Dlev59, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I was talking today about him (Amir) to Mitch Lawrence from NBA radio, and he 's certainly making heads turn in the D league. I asked (since I'm not that familiar with him) where he would play on this team. He figured the 3 or 4 but the knock on him was he seems physique-wise that he's a bad tweener (undersized). And that he's got too many veterans ahead of him for minutes. Looks like he will have to work his way up the hard way.

2. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

On mike james stepping out of bounds ...did not happen. The play was right in front of the pistons bench right in front of abdenour and if you have watched enough piston games you know he will come off the bench and point stuff out to refs just like the coaches. the replay was not the right angle to tell but none of the bench even flinched.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

so that part where his foot steps on the line is just a bad angle? looked out of bounds to me.

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I thought it was out of bounds as well. But, no matter. Had the Pistons lost because of that crazy three-pointer, they could not honestly blame the officials for missing that close call, because they never should have let the Wolves back into the game at that point to begin with. Failing to put it away in regulation with KG in the locker room was already inexcusable.

5. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

pretty much. If he had been out of bounds don't you think the bench would have come unglued? The replay where Mr. Tom Tolbert was questioning the play the most the whole piston bench and abdenour was looking right at mike james feet.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

lapiston,
    I was holding off purchasing tickets for the annual Piston-Clipper clash at Staples on March 11. Now I think I will take the plunge but the only tickets left are in the cheap seats (crows nest )and the $100+ seats. The season ticketholder exchange has some decent ticks, so I will get a couple of those.

I am hoping when the new fab five hit town all Pistons are firing on all cylinders and they are sitting atop the division with 5 game lead over the Cavs, Bulls, Heat and Wiz...

To do this we got to have a better bench. One that can step in and do their job when the fab all play 35-40 mins like tonight. So I know Joe will make the move...:pray:

7. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Dre,

Joe will make a move. I never bought into what the Detroit papers were saying--that everything was cool. Joe is no fool.

Don't know if I am going this year--work has been very busy. Last year I bought a ticket for just over $100 but got to sit right at the Piston's tunnel. Saw all the players up close. Glad since it was to be Ben's last year. Remember how many Piston fans there were. A lot.

I would like to go to the Palace one spring. That would be something.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the Pistons had lost this one after having the five pt lead in OT and KG+his 19 boards in the showers, I would have insisted that Joe trade Flip jr, Nazr, Davis and Flip Sr for Randy Foye and Twolve coach Duane Causey (sp?) Only problem is Mchale would never take back Flipper and definitely won't give up Foye..:)

9. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I don't think its as much as an issue regarding the zone defence in particular as a reason for the momemtum stopping as it is the players not being used to playing zone D yet.

Not everyone bites fully into Flip's little Zone D idea (or like Webber are just newcomers to his system), so instead of having a fluid overall game on the offensive end AND defensive end - the Pistons are stuck going back into zone d not fully comfortable with it yet.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think it is hard to commit to the zone because the zone is not about commitment.

It's about occupying a position on the court, not actively harassing, bodying-up or defending a player.

The more I see of the zone, the less I like it. It just doesn't feel right. You can't expect to stop good teams by giving them open jumpers, and most coaches will make an adjustment to beat a zone.

I guess I am saying, that I miss when you took your man and denied the ball, or stopped him from scoring. Mano-e-mano. Real macho stuff.

11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Dre, check Stubhub.com, they should have some tickest at all prices......

12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for reminding me about this game. I might be able to make the trip this year. It's amazing how many Pistons fans are at at those games.

13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hmmm...

Team loses to Minny in overtime: Fire Flip!

Team beats Minny in overtime: Good job by the players!

Maybe not.

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Why the C-Webb move will really help: It will allow Chauncey to be more aggressive. The Pistons now have arguably the best all around passing team so Chauncey will now be able to create for his teammates, but he'll also now have the chance to create for himself. I knew Webber was a heck of a passer, but I never thought he was this good.

15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

watched at the same bar where weird stuff always happens (rip's buzzer beater in game #2 against the celtics, the pistons/pacers brawl, now the dice/garnett skirmish). when james hit that 3 i said 'wow i can't believe we're going to lose again, especially with garnett out' and was about to get genuinely pissed off. then chauncey hit that show outta nowhere and we dominated the 2nd overtime and actually played hard.

the espn guys called the craig smith/jason maxiell battle a 'cage match', and when max got that thunderous dunk, they said 'round 1 to maxiell', which was pretty cool. he still rotates to the ball too much, leaving his man open for dunks if the guard gets in the paint, but he'll learn. monster block toward the end of the game.

one word: PHEW

16. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Only got to watch the first half because I am visiting and did not want to monopolize the TV. But during the time I saw CWeb seemed to fit right in and helped a lot more than I thought he would right from the beginning. I figured it would take a little time but it didn't seem to.

I bet it will be a good move. I always did like his facial expressions. He always seems so cool.

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

He's got the Popeye look without the pipe.

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I fired Flip early in the third quarter and even though Cb stirred us up in the 4th, we had to go 2 OVERTIMES to put away a team WITHOUT KG and Davis. Fire Millen. Fire Flip....before its too late...:gun1: (pic of Flip)

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just heard, the NBA has suspended KG one game (Sunday night) for throwing a punch at Antonio McDyess.

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

interesting. according to detnews, the league called dice to ask if he thought KG threw a punch, and he said yeah but it wasn't really anything.