at Milwaukee Saturday October 31 8:30 pm

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by roscoe36, Oct 30, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

After the Curry fiasco, we're stuck with Kuester all year. Let's hope Game 1 is who he is, not Games 2 and 3.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Good night for Bill Laimbeer's fantasy team bad night for the Detroit Pistons.

We were watching the 09-10 Rookie of the Year tonight, but unfortunately it was not Rodney Stuckey.

The refs were pretty shaky tonight both ways calling a lot of unnecessary stuff.

Dan Gadzuric did some damage inside tonight.

Watching the game I never would have guessed that Stuckey had 7 or 8 assists. I never noticed him passing. Gordon either.

I was all excited because I had the option of choosing the home or away announcers for this game before realizing I chose the Bucks announcers when I set my DVR. Those guys are pretty good, definitely not homers.

Stuckey was the barometer for this game. He started off well but as the game went on you could see him pushing off unnecessarily before his shot went kaput.

I thought Tay hit some nice shots and/or nice moves, but good luck getting the ball from the "big 3".
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've off the bandwagon.

And on a new one:

[SIGN]GO BILL LAIMBEER'S FANTASY TEAM!!![/SIGN]
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

All is good... As promised the team will suck this year.

C'est la vie
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That Jennings dude was on fire. Gotta hand it to him.

The main problem that I'm seeing right now is that we have no inside presense on offense. There is nobody that can give our guards open J's.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Luv the team... hate the product
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

A tale of 2 halves for teh 2nd game ina row. This is like a Dickens novel, "The best of times, the worst of times." Max, Kwame and Vill on pick and roll defense is HILARIOUS!!! The laziness of Bynum, Stuckey and Gordon to fight and quickly get back to their man is HILARIOUS!!! Offensively......With Rodney "Suspect Handles" Stuckey playing the point we won't win, he has ZERO court awareness, shaky handles and he can't get us into our sets. Rodney Stuckey is a very good young backup SG, that we have starting at PG :frusty:. We need a PG way more than we need a center right now.

And that is basically what we have as a team, 2 quality starters Rip and Bengo, a 35 yr old Ben Wallace that is making players 10 years younger than him look slow as hell. Vill should be coming off the pine, Stuckey should be coming off the pine as well as Tayshaun. We have 3 starters that aren't good enough to start for anybody's contender.

Lastly I'd trade Tay ASAP, his stock is not going to get any higher than it is now, many GM's still feel like he's an All-Star type player....hurry Joe before the truth is out.
  8. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

Not concerned. We all agreed that it would 20-30 games for the team to start to gel, and for Q to figure out how to play them. Yes, he is making some bad mistakes, but we have no reason to believe that he won't figure it out very quickly.

Remember, we ARE missing a starter, our all-star. It makes sense that the offense would be off. Q doesn't trust his bench enough yet. They are unproven. He is making a mistake but not going deep, but it is an understandable one.

The first game was probably 85% of our potential. These past two games 60% of our potential. I don't know that we'll get to 90% of our potential, but I'm not concerned until the team has gone through some more battles together.
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm thinking the same way. This is all a sorting out process.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well can we please sort Tayshaun out of town and sort Rodney "Suspect Handles" Stuckey off the PG depth chart.
  11. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

I agree with Roscoe that Tay is good for 30ish minutes a game. He would be a starter on almost ever team in the league. We just use him too much.

There are flashes where you can see Stuckey being a PG, but it feels so forced. He doesn't read the floor for his teammates, only for himself. Is it worth investing another year or two in seeing if he can be a leader on the floor? I'm beginning to think no.
  12. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Yes, we do use Tay too much. He needs a solid SF that comes off the bench for him. We have always lacked in that department on this team.

As far as Rod being a PG, he is not ever going to be a true PG; he is the type of guard to get his own. So I feel he should come off the bench and Bynum start for us. And you are right, when those flashes of him playing like a PG appear it is being forced because he is trying to keep his starting spot by doing some PG moves. He can't read the floor for his teammates that's why his assists aren't that great.
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Bynum and Stuckey have both been pretty bad so far and they're basically carbon copies of each other (one bulldozes his way to the rim, the other simply blows by people... neither have a reliable jump shot).

Stuckey may be stinking up the joint right now, but I don't think Bynum has done anything so far this year to suggest that he should be starting. I don't think he's starting material either.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Until Rip comes back (healthy) I don't know how we can judge how this team will function or fair.

Even the victory in game one is suspect now.....in other words even though we put up 96 points and the offensive display of the 4 guard rotation and defensive tone set by Big Ben won this game, that same team that we held to 74 pts, scored 115 pts in whipping the Raptors Friday night and put up 40 points in the first qtr vs Denver tonight......maybe they were just being easy on us in that first game and we are as bad as advertised????
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I respectfully disagree, in the absence of Wallace X's 2 in their prime, Tay is nothing more than a decent vet.

I respectfully agree. The debate used to be Rip needs to go because of BenGo, now I think we have a new debate.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

At first, I was amazed it's been the offense we're having trouble with the last two games after hearing all summer how we've ramped up our offense sacrificing the D. Then I thought about it a bit more and it really wasn't that puzzling. Outside of Rip and BenGo, we don't have a true offensive threat. Every other guy can be covered adequately, without double teaming, by any run-of-the-mill player in the league. Nobody on our roster outside of Rip and BenGo can get their own shots. That's precisely the reason why we looked so good with both on the floor. When Rip's running around screens like crazy and Ben lurking in the perimeter, we'll always have guys wide open. Without that, we rely on Bynum having a career night or Stuckey showing his PG prowess, or Kwame hitting his FTs. (translation: without Rip/BenGo together, we're screwed).

Without Rip, we're a lottery bound team.

This is the one year where we have enough talent & options at the 3 spot to allow us to use Tay sparingly. Q needs to realize this and give some minutes to the rookies.

Big Ben is not going to last until the all-star break if Q keeps playing him around the 40 minute mark.

I sure hope that CV comes around. So far, I resent the time I spent this summer reading all the discussions/articles about him.

At the moment, Stuckey is one of the biggest obstacles I see for this team to be successful.

THANK YOU! My sentiments exactly.

BTW, I'm not sure trading Rip for a quality PF/C is a good solution. We don't have the PG that can play a good P&R game. I would trade Stuckey/JMAX/<insert rookie(s)> for a quality big though.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

There is a good chance that Stuckey would injure the man the setting the pick by crashing into him.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good points Walt, good points. Although I don't see STuckey as an obstacle, but I do see trying to make him our starting PG of the future as an obstacle. Make him a Combo Guard off the bench and we're in business.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There we go again, putting tay on a loft...why can't we all agree that we just need another starting SF and Tay should be the back up??? I know at 29 he is still considered young, but the wear and tear of playing 100 games a year & close to 40 minutes (except last year) has probably worned him down more than we know. He still seems to more passive than when we was in prior seasons and just kind of pacing himself out there....
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Lookt at the top 12 tams in the league and show me which ones Tay would start on over their existing SF's, or Stuckey over their PG's.