at Milwaukee Saturday October 31 8:30 pm

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by roscoe36, Oct 30, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons @ Milwaukee Bucks

Saturday October 31

8:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure what he finished with, but Brandon Jennings had 17,9 and 9 late in last nights game against Illy.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good thing I picked him up on both of my fantasy teams. :)

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Katy bar the door, the home and away announcers are both available for this game on my cable system (Cox)!!!

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No Rip tonight either...maybe Bynum should start and put Stuckey at the 2 and bring in BenG to heat it up in the second. We need better ball movement to start the game. You put that ball in Stuckey hands and no one else will touch it.

Also bring in one of them rooks as the first big off the bench and let Max sweat it out...

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

I totally forgot that this is CV's triumphant return to Milwaukee. I know you can't give more than 100%, but this should serve as extra motivation.

Same starters tonight but I'd like to see Jerebko or Wilcox get Max minutes. The Pistons got picked apart inside last when Max and Kwame were in together.

Who in the world is going to be able to cover Carlos Delfino on this Piston team?

How great is it to have another game tonight? Without exaggeration, I feel like it is Christmas today.

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You can't stop him..you just hope to slow him down.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

...you can only hope to contain him.

9. LA Dre

or Halloween??

10. roscoe36

The same thing happened last season.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Better yet, have Bynum start with Gordon. Then you have Stuckey coming in as the back up small forward, backup shooting guard, and backup point guard.

12. LA Dre

I am ok with that, but you know Q would never send Joe's bonus baby to the bench...

13. roscoe36

14. roscoe36

So disgusting, what can you say?

The bucks didnt' have anyone play over 34 minutes. The Pistons had 4 guys over 37 minutes, 2 of them over 40 minutes.

Kuester's rotation and game management was abysmal. He looks like Curry at game 82 of last season.

Stuckey cannot defend a fire hydrant. And 19 shots with only one free throw? Not good.

Ben Wallace was a bright spot, followed by Ben Gordon. Jerebko didnt play too badly for his first bit of NBA time. Looked more polished than Daye did last night.

Hakim Warrick, whom the Bucks acquired as an afterthought, outplayed all of our young big men. CV, Kwame and Maxiell. To add insult to injury, he makes less money than all 3 of them as well.

This might be a really long season after all.

15. LA Dre

This was not a Happy Halloween.....not sure who's third qtr was worse, the wolverines who gave up 21 unanswered points or the Pistons who were outscored by 22 in the third >36-14. Bucks Rookie Brandon Jennings outscored Pistons in the third 16-14 by himself.

Once again a great first half and a disastrous third quarter. Stuckey left his game in the locker room with 7 assists in the first half and only one in the second. Only one FTA the whole game as he missed every open jumper in the second and went to the hoop once and it was a charge....

Still I blame this on the coach as he allowed the Bucks to run off a 9-0 run before he called a TO, and then after the time out, they continued the assault with a 8 -2 run before Skiles pulled Jennings to give us a break.

Although everyone's whipping boy Max played decent in the first half, he was on the floor thru most of that third qtr when CVill was pulled 3 mins into the 3rd. CV came back with a vengeance with 2 straight threes, but our defense just could not stop their momentum.

Still don't know why Daye and Wilcox did not play, but we reallllly miss Rip...

16. roscoe36

I don't know why Atkins did not play. First game, we have a nice 4 guard rotation, everyone was fresh and we defended well.

Rip goes down, and all of a sudden, we play a 3 guard rotation with diminishing returns.

After seeing 3rd year Stuckey on rookie Jennings, I'm not sure he would start on 10 other teams in the NBA.

I got

Philly
    NYK
    Miami
    Sacramento
    Minnesota
    Golden State

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good first half. Got to count this loss to Joe Dumars, who saw fit to let Afflalo go, a guy who we could have put out there to cool off Jennings. Not to mention Amir too, our most active defender, all in the name of picking up Chris Wilcox. You know, the guy the coach ain't playing.

The coach does seem to like to play Kwame though. Even though he hardly fits the game at hand. He sure does like to play Ben Wallace too much. Nothng wrong with playing Ben Wallace - but Ben Wallace is not a security blanket. He is an older player who is not going to survive much further in the season playing these rediculous minutes in a back to back set of games.

He sure does like to play Tay. Now, there was some improvement tonight there. Tay got a rest in the 1st half, and voila, we went on a nice little run to end the first half and end that half up 11. Tay was rested with Jerebko and JMAX playing as a pair of forwards.

What can you do when your guards simply can't manage to fight thru picks and stay with their guy? We let Jennings tear us up, and as some have pointed out, Milwaukee did us a favor sitting the guy down. How embarrassing could this game have become if Skiles wanted to run the score up on us. Apparently though, he is more into making his team better vs. running up the score. Give the young man a rest, let him come out fresh later.

Tay got no rest in the 2nd half. Bad, very bad. This is a 2nd of a back to back. But you know, I doubt a rookie coach would even notice such a thing.

How to fix this mess? Yeah, trade to get some of the players back Dumars has let go for cap moves the last few years. Defense wins games by the way, just look at Milwaukee defendig us into mediocraty. You don't let two fine defensive players go, two guys who helped the team win games last year big time, in the name of "the league changing." That is a myth. Teams are playing darn good defense these days. Pay attention.

We hated Sheed if all he did is take threes. In comparison to Villanueva, Sheed was a saint. Sheed was a force inside on defense, could hit a ton of short jumpers over people, and yes, he could hit the threes too. Boston got him cheap. Something is flat out wrong with the Pistons front office if they can't manage to keep a quality player like Sheed around. As far as I can tell, Dumars came to his senses way too late about firing Curry. Too late to manage to keep some darn good players. But even after the firing of Curry, Dumars continued to make mistakes.

Let me see. Stuckey. Good first half. Poor 2nd half. To be expected on the end of a back to back where the coach decides he can play the whole darn game pretty much. No he can't. Rookie coach just does not know better. Hopefully, he will learn. Now, I see he went big to rest Tay tonight, with great results. (But then he threw away an at-a-boy by forgetting to rest Tay at all in the 2nd half. Learning, and then forgetting moments later - not good.)

Stuckey, and Gordon, sure did look good shooting the ball to start the game. Neither had a miss early in the game. Yes, way way too much one on one basketball later. Team looked tired. This is game 3, 3rd game in 4 nights. They probably were tired, and I am sure someone is going to call this a sceduling loss. But then again, including more players, keeping the minutes down, is a good way to avoid scheduling losses. Lets hope this guy learns something. Of course, with 14 years of assistant coaching experience - what - he never learned this simple stuff? Different when you are making the decisions. More painful when the loss is all yours. Maybe he will learn.

18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Stuckey just has not improved enough since two seasons ago. His shot is slightly better but not enough to go on shooting as he does. His drives are more often than not unproductive. He loses the ball, etc.

Bynum has been way overrated. He is not a very good shooter but he too, chucks up shots. The league is on to his penetration game...

The only way this group looks like it can make it is with Rip in to help Gordon with the scoring. Then enough seams may develop.

Tay just does not want to step in and take on the scoring load. He seems to need several stars to feed off of.

Our bigs are poor. Kwame is limited--always has been. JMax has not improved an inch since his rookie year. CV finally hit some shots but so far has done little else. Ben is great but at 35, what can you say?

Gordon, Rip, Ben and the rest are either rookies or questionable.

19. LA Dre

Good Leecap. I saw Kuester on a one on one presser with the FSD studio reporter. He seem upbeat about the loss and sounded like he thought the team was progressing??? <><> If they had lost the first game, maybe I might see some improvement, but in each case the only one that seem to improve was the opposing team's coach who must have given an excellent halftime speech, taking us apart in the third. We may not beat the Magic on Tuesday either, but if Rip comes back we might be a little more competitive with our four guard rotation and make a game of it.

Of course Joe may already have Rip lined up for some crazy trade.., :sssh:

20. LA Dre

Good analysis LA Piston
    We need a front court player who can not only play D, but can shoot or is not afraid to shoot and one who the guards can trust. Otherwise, the four on them will chuck up as many shots as they can with the one-on-one business.

The only difference between Stuckey and Bynum is that the latter can get to the hoop thru deceptiveness and Stuckey charges or gets blocked at the hoop with to many double pumps.

Rip may be are only trade-able asset, but returning player has to be better than anyone we have up front now including Tay and Ben. The problem is I would not trade him until we played the four guard tandem again that was so successful and see how that pans out.